sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
From today's blast.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #167
dbmike
n00b

Oddometer: 3
re; 796 reliability,...I have 13K on my 2010. Only hitch has been an oil leak from the horizontal cylinder head. Warranty repaired it. Went to a maint seminar and did the 7500 mile valve, belt adjust myself.

52-53 mpg and routinely run to 165 per tank when commuting.

1st time Duc owner. Good experience thus far.

Mike
dbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #168
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Butt View Post
... and the Attack 2s are really a nice tire....
So, how are those Conti Road Attack tires workin’ out for ya? Still like ‘em? Are they holdin’ up mileage wise?

I’ve seen wildly different reports from people on those. Some complain that they square off in the center way too soon & wear out too soon. Others report that they lasted a long time like I told you that mine did.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=79

I just got a Conti Road Attack2GT rear tire mounted on my Hyper EVO SP yesterday. Not necessary what I wanted, but it was here & my original tire was at the cords at 4000 miles. That more miles than I expected from that tire. Still with no wear bars it kind of caught me out. I should have already had a tire in hand.
The guy that sold & mounted the Attack2GT kept saying it was just an ‘Attack’. That’s what it says on the tread.
He also kept saying it was a “sport bike tire”. Turned out not to be the case. Not much written about these Attack2GTs, must be something new.
Cost me $255 + $42 mount & dyna-beads.
http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/road-attack2.php
Quote:
Conti told us that if you need higher milage, (with slightly less grip) you can fit the GT version of Road Attack 2. The GT Road Attack 2 is intended for heavier Sport Touring machines. But as the standard Road Attack 2 sits we still feel this is one of the best tires you can put on your bike.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #169
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Oddometer: 63,016
I'm not sure how many variations they make but I am running Road Attack 2s this is my third set and they are pretty good. I get over 2,000 miles ridding hard prolly more if I was sport touring. Back in September 2011 I road most of the BRP then down to The old TWO camp ground in GA and back home to VA but I do not know the miles. Full of camping gear for a week the rear was shot when I got home.

PB
Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #170
ADV8
Taumarunui..Darwin..

Oddometer: 2,230
Being a 2007 model it was ready for a going over.
The old bus has come up looking pretty good with new tyres/tires (Pilot Pures) and a new chain and sprockets (15/44)
One thing noticed if small stones collect in the swing arm dish the lower shock mount sits in they can fret away at the shock end.
The search is on for a repacking kit for the Termignoni.?

49 Sunbeam S7 Deluxe-57 TR6 Trophy-68 Huskys x 2-71 Commando Fastback-73 Ducati 750GT-73 Eldorado-74 TR5T x 2-74 Commando Roadster-73 and 74 H2A/B-77 and 81 900SD's-86 400WR-98 TL1000S x 2-08 DR780-07 Ducati HM 1100S
ADV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #171
cms81586
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Checking in. New (to me) 08 Hyper 1100 S.

Termignoni Slip-ons with Ducati Performance (DP) 2-1 ECU
Power Commander V with Custom Map
Carbon.de Windscreen
DP Rear Fender
Scotts Steering Damper
DP Handlebar Bag
DP Performance Seat
DDM HID Kit with hi and low beam
R&G Fender Eliminator
CFM/Woodcraft Adjustable Rearsets

Crappy cell pictures but they'll do for now. The previous owner took real good care of it and I plan on doing the same. Waiting on CA Cycleworks to release their "midsize" fuel tank and that'll get added.

CMS

cms81586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #172
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmike View Post
Went to a maint seminar and did the 7500 mile valve, belt adjust myself.
Mike
Do you have a link or would care to explain what a maintenance seminar is about?

Thx... nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #173
cms81586
Gnarly Adventurer

New countershaft sprocket going on this weekend. I'm loving the Tard more every day.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #174
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 384
Worth it to go newer and S versus standard?

How many of you feel like it has been worth it to own a 1100s versus the standard 1100? There are always standards for sale locally, but very very s models. Is this because the s model is so much better? Also, what are the advantages to a newer motard versus an early model? Were there significant changes?

I am eyeing the Duc as a different, round town and local backroad fun bike. I like the idea of just whaling on the machine, whereas the hp of the SV1000 means illegal speeds are right where the fun begins...

Thoughts or comments?

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #175
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 8,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimum_malarky View Post
How many of you feel like it has been worth it to own a 1100s versus the standard 1100? There are always standards for sale locally, but very very s models. Is this because the s model is so much better? Also, what are the advantages to a newer motard versus an early model? Were there significant changes?

I am eyeing the Duc as a different, round town and local backroad fun bike. I like the idea of just whaling on the machine, whereas the hp of the SV1000 means illegal speeds are right where the fun begins...

Thoughts or comments?
I have an early s. I was going to use it also as my next occasional track bike and felt the suspension, brake and rim upgrades were worth it.

It turns out, I've never taken it to the track. In fact, it's my rip around for a couple of hours at a time, bike.

Even though I consider myself an adequate rider, imo the s makes no material difference on the street at all, compared to the standard hyper, unless you drag a knee, which I wouldn't do, with cars, curbs and poles nearby.

Still. It's more pretty.

So yeah, I'd get an s again.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #176
Carter Pewterschmidt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimum_malarky View Post

Thoughts or comments?
Most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. Period. I'm a city rider and I thought it was perfect.

I rode a 2008 1100S and a 2010 1100 EVO base. The S model rode a bit better and it changed direction quicker. I'm suspecting due to top shelf suspension and the forged wheels.

The 2010 was the first year for the EVO where they upgraded the engine a few HP and made the bike a few pounds lighter. You could feel the engine difference, since they put a lighter flywheel in it. It revved up much quicker but as with any light weight flywheel you had ride the clutch more to keep it from stalling. I could give or take the light fly wheel effect. Didn't feel much faster or lighter than the old one though. Seat was better on the EVO and the gauge display was easier to read.

Other than the flywheel of the newer bike and the forged wheels of the old one, a bloke like me can't tell much of a difference. You might notice the difference on a track but I wouldn't let it sway my decision.

If I got one I'd probably go for an 08 1100S because I like that it comes with forged wheels and in black it's the best looking Hyper.
Carter Pewterschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #177
cms81586
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
I have an early s. I was going to use it also as my next occasional track bike and felt the suspension, brake and rim upgrades were worth it.

It turns out, I've never taken it to the track. In fact, it's my rip around for a couple of hours at a time, bike.

Even though I consider myself an adequate rider, imo the s makes no material difference on the street at all, compared to the standard hyper, unless you drag a knee, which I wouldn't do, with cars, curbs and poles nearby.

Still. It's more pretty.

So yeah, I'd get an s again.

Which clutch plate and cover would those be...looks great!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #178
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
New owner checking in. I've wanted a Hyper since they first came out. I think that it's one of the best looking bikes Ducati has put out. I see the bike as a great all rouund - do almost anything bike. On top of that, we've got a great dealer here in Asheville. With my impeccable sense of timing, I've just found a used 2011 796 (just as Ducati revamps the Hypermotard line). I'm really impressed with the HyperExplorer project that Ducati of Bellevue did last year, and hope to mod my bike in that direction.
wncstrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #179
DLFLHT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
I've always like the Hypermotards - test rode one, but never bought one. The new one may change that - I really like it. I've got it for my wallpaper and I might not be able to resist this time.

DLFLHT screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 09:03 PM
DLFLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #180
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms81586 View Post
New countershaft sprocket going on this weekend. I'm loving the Tard more every day.

Freekin love that picture!

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote