Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #46
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Oddometer: 57,603

found out this morning ..... and the neat o count down odometer that comes on..... I really should read the manual

PB
Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #47
Pork Butt
Save the USA

I am digging this color ..... did 250ish miles today. I am in break in miles so keeping under 5K rpms ...... I got 120 + on a tank but then I ran hard to home on some back road twisties..... light came on at 109 .... still not that bad.

questions for the Hyper owners..

1) does the CA Tank cause any handling issues??
2) pics of luggage options?? I have seen the givi top case done ... what about the rest of you

I know I can do 300 - 500 mile days on this thing to get to regional rallies so I want some options.

PB

Pork Butt screwed with this post 09-05-2010 at 04:50 PM
Pork Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #48
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,347
i've owned the ca cycleworks large tank and it caused no real discernible handling issues, no complaints of sloshing either. having said that, you will feel the additional weight when moving the bike around, and there is a slight performance loss if i'm not mistaken. they're currently developing an intermediate tank ~ 5 gal. that will allow for higher performance intakes, you probably already knew this though.

have fun

edit: funny, now seeing this same response in a post on one of the previous pages
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #49
Pork Butt
Save the USA

I missed that about the 5 gal tank.... anyone ever seen these on a hypertard? (just the saddle bags and tail bag)

exhaust might be a problem

PB
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #50
SSDMR2300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I've got over 21000 miles on my 09 hyper, had it for a year and 2 months now. Its got termi cans, zard headers, dp racing cams and ecu, ca cycleworks 6.4 gallon tank (best upgrade) Love my bike its a whole lot of fun! heres a pic of some nelson riggs bags i got for it for riding up to moto gp, they worked great but prob only if you have the undertail exhaust cans though
SSDMR2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #51
Pork Butt
Save the USA

well anyone that has one of these bikes knows they are fun and functional ...... I have never had a bike that accelerated or turned as quickly as this bike does... the brake's ... eh so so.

However I had an oil leak in the first 500 miles (looks like a seal or o ring on the case behind the front cylinder belt cover)..... it was supposed be fixed at the first service...... BUT ..... I just came home from a 500 mile weekend and guess what

the leak looks like its is behind the mount but oil gets on the lower head by gravity and blown around the plastic belt cover.

anyone ever seen this ..... I'll be calling the dealer Tuesday but I live 2 hours from the closest one and 4 from the dealer I bought it from..... kinda of sucks.

PB
Old 10-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #52
conlysm OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Butt
well anyone that has one of these bikes knows they are fun and functional ...... I have never had a bike that accelerated or turned as quickly as this bike does... the brake's ... eh so so.

However I had an oil leak in the first 500 miles (looks like a seal or o ring on the case behind the front cylinder belt cover)..... it was supposed be fixed at the first service...... BUT ..... I just came home from a 500 mile weekend and guess what

the leak looks like its is behind the mount but oil gets on the lower head by gravity and blown around the plastic belt cover.

anyone ever seen this ..... I'll be calling the dealer Tuesday but I live 2 hours from the closest one and 4 from the dealer I bought it from..... kinda of sucks.

PB
never heard of this happening on a hyper, keep us updated

08' Ducati HM1100S (Scooty-Puff Jr.)
conlysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #53
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
My Hyper did the same thing. The factory pinched the seal on the front cam cover. You can buy the seal for a few dollars and easily fix it yourself without bringing the bike to the dealer. You might also check the mounting of your voltage regulator. Mine had lost one screw and the other one was very loose. If this is your first Ducati you should get into the habit of going over the bike every few rides and see that everything is tight, and use blue locktite on everything you can. They are lots of fun!

Quote:

PB
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #54
Pork Butt
Save the USA

I sent the dealer an e mail .... but what I really need is a CD manual for this bike .......... anyone have a reliable safe place to buy one???

09 Hyper 1100

PB
Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #55
dfhmotor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
This is where I got my manual.

I do most of my digging at the ducati.ms site and I found this gem over there last week. It seems to have everything that I will need to do my service when it comes up.

http://www.ctarna.com/Ducati/HyperMotard/

best of all, it was free and instant.

good luck
dfhmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #56
apessino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhmotor
I do most of my digging at the ducati.ms site and I found this gem over there last week. It seems to have everything that I will need to do my service when it comes up.

http://www.ctarna.com/Ducati/HyperMotard/

best of all, it was free and instant.

good luck
That is great! Grazie mille...

I am picking up my EVO SP on Thursday... can't wait!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #57
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman
My Hyper did the same thing. The factory pinched the seal on the front cam cover. You can buy the seal for a few dollars and easily fix it yourself without bringing the bike to the dealer. You might also check the mounting of your voltage regulator. Mine had lost one screw and the other one was very loose. If this is your first Ducati you should get into the habit of going over the bike every few rides and see that everything is tight, and use blue locktite on everything you can. They are lots of fun!

I sent the shop pics and now there is the possibility of a bad casting.... I am confident the dealer will make sure this is not a long term problem though for me distance is an issue.

Bump in the road I hope nothing more...... never been on a bike this fun.

PB
Old 10-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #58
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,311
How many Hyper 1100 owners on this thread, have either replaced the stock flywheel with a Nichols or a lightened version of the Ducati flywheel?

If you have, can you tell me what benefits and drawbacks YOU EXPERIENCED from the change. I've had enough hearsay; I would like real world first-person feedback about this mod.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #59
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
Quote:
I sent the shop pics and now there is the possibility of a bad casting.... I am confident the dealer will make sure this is not a long term problem though for me distance is an issue.

Bump in the road I hope nothing more...... never been on a bike this fun.

PB

If the bike has an oil leak I'm pretty sure Ducati Roadside Assistance should cover the cost of transporting it to the nearest dealer for you. I don't know if they'll cover the return trip.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #60
apessino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
I picked her up last night... This is one FUN ride for sure. Here are some pics right after leaving the dealership and then in my garage.