Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #76
cobrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
I went with Pilot Powers. Can't say how long they will last but my Duc mechanic says he thinks I should get 5kmi. Originals only lasted 2700 miles.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #77
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,632
I plan on putting BT016's on at next change, for street riding.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #78
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I plan on putting BT016's on at next change, for street riding.
I had those on my Hyper and they were great!
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #79
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Butt View Post
... Sport Touring like to get 5Kis out of them
I put 7850 miles on the rear Continental Road Attack on my ‘96 Buell S1. Sure beat the 3000 miles I had been getting with any other rear tire that I had on that bike. I was seeing cords on the others by 3000 miles.
No complaints. Didn’t treat it easy, lots of low end torque meant lots of quick launches.
Kept them pumped up tight. Maybe 38 psi front & 42 rear.

I saw in the January issue of Cycle World where they tried out the *new* Continental Road Attack 2. They seemed to like them.
Motor Cyclist tried them too.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...res/index.html

I still don’t have a Hyper. No used ones here & my dealer can’t locate any new ones.
It will be my next bike.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #80
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Oddometer: 63,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
I put 7850 miles on the rear Continental Road Attack on my ‘96 Buell S1. Sure beat the 3000 miles I had been getting with any other rear tire that I had on that bike. I was seeing cords on the others by 3000 miles.
No complaints. Didn’t treat it easy, lots of low end torque meant lots of quick launches.
Kept them pumped up tight. Maybe 38 psi front & 42 rear.

I saw in the January issue of Cycle World where they tried out the *new* Continental Road Attack 2. They seemed to like them.
Motor Cyclist tried them too.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...res/index.html

I still don’t have a Hyper. No used ones here & my dealer can’t locate any new ones.
It will be my next bike.

I think I will gives these a try ...... If you have not riden a Hyper the first thing you will say is "where is the front tire??" .... it feels like its tucked under the motor until you get the feel of it.

PB
Old 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #81
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Butt View Post
IIf you have not riden a Hyper ....
Rode one late last fall and ....
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #82
flyinon2
Bikes, Blues ...

Oddometer: 103
Just picked my 2010 1100 Evo SP up last week and all that I can say is Holy Sh..! I traded in a 2005 BMW K1200S. I know, totally different bikes. I found that I was riding 99% of the time within 200 miles of my house so I wanted to get something a littler lighter and a little more fun. Well, this is definitely lighter and a lot more fun. I was going around a slow 90 degree corner yesterday and got on the gas a little early just to see if it would power slide a little but to my surprise the rear stayed planted and the front wheel came up instead! Tons of fun!

[IMG][/IMG]
flyinon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #83
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Ok..... finally a chance to really ride.... Went to the MSTA TriStar rally in Sparta NC. 700+ miles over the Memorial day weekend riding 421, 58, Squirrel Spur, Piper Gap, and many other great roads in TN, NC, and VA.

the new head has not leaked a drop and the Attack 2s are really a nice tire....

BTW anyone have seat recommendations ???

PB
Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #84
Jeff B
Socially Awkward

Oddometer: 5,543

PB[/QUOTE]

Yes, try to wait till next year to change it. You'll prolly adapt to it. It is what it is and a good seat for what the way the bike was designed to be ridden. Ducati does not make long range touring bikes knowing well that the market exists. The bike is gorgeous. I'm jeolous.
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #85
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post

PB

Yes, try to wait till next year to change it. You'll prolly adapt to it. It is what it is and a good seat for what the way the bike was designed to be ridden. Ducati does not make long range touring bikes knowing well that the market exists. The bike is gorgeous. I'm jeolous.[/QUOTE]

ah, there area few seats out there just wanted to know if any are better than stock...... the ergos on this bike are just right for sport touring ..... I could see 300 mile plus days easy... the stock seat kinda of pushes the boys into the gas tank

PB
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #86
flyinon2
Bikes, Blues ...

Oddometer: 103
ah, there area few seats out there just wanted to know if any are better than stock...... the ergos on this bike are just right for sport touring ..... I could see 300 mile plus days easy... the stock seat kinda of pushes the boys into the gas tank

A lot of people are going to the Sargent seat. I am seriously considering one myself.
flyinon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #87
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinon2 View Post

A lot of people are going to the Sargent seat. I am seriously considering one myself.
I have the Ducati comfort seat and like it, as it is a bit more dished in the rider seat area.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #88
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,430
Yes, the best seat is from James Renazco. It pains me to post this as my bike was stolen just days after these photos were taken...

The seat wasn't stolen however as James was making an ajustment to the stitching to line up the tank cowl and the seat. I'm hoping another Hyper is in my future so I'm holding onto the seat.

Gregor
sakurama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #89
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
I can get a zero owners 796 Ducati Hypermotard, 2010, for around 9500 from a dealer here... I am really tempted to get it... REALLY tempted. Especially since it is the black and all (looks very Mad Max-ish). Till now, I have been pretty set on getting a dedicated adventure bike. Was pretty set on a spankin' Triumph Tiger XC I think. To replace my old cb550 cafe bike.

I imagine the tard is not really capable of anything like that. Mostly the suspension and the tires/wheels right? I mean, I could get a plate, exhaust, crash bars fabricated without much problem. But i think it is the rest of it that is the problem.

All else considered, as a tourer, is there a good replacement for those end mirrors? They do not really impress me to say the least. I think I would definitely get the 6 gallon tank I saw on the interwebs and the seat you guys have been pointing at in here.
BaronVonDarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #90
motoital
Dork on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
Yes, the best seat is from James Renazco. It pains me to post this as my bike was stolen just days after these photos were taken...

The seat wasn't stolen however as James was making an ajustment to the stitching to line up the tank cowl and the seat. I'm hoping another Hyper is in my future so I'm holding onto the seat.

Gregor

Sorry for your loss.... The bike looked SHARP! Hope you get it replaced, maybe with an evo SP?