ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (<1000cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #1651
DavidKXF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Great Question, its been asked many times. I have never heard a difinitive number, mostly just a lot of speculation as to what actually is the total number of SE's world wide.

From what I recall, apparently most, if not all of the bikes were manufactured at the same time. I seem to recall reading that a few were made in 06, and the remaining 07,08,and 09's share the same production dates. That may not be completely accurate and I cannot verify where that info originated...
The 09's were fitted with a few extra stickers and assorted bolt on goodies and called the Erzberg special edition. My 09 had the original stickers under the Erzberg "special" stickers.

I would guess some number less than a 1000 for the total Super Enduro tally???
I (on occasion) have been known to while reading adv... so I may be a few degrees out of plum with this recollection..(accuracy disclaimer)

If any one knows the actual numbers, please do POST-IT!!
We asked KTM South Africa how many were sold and they could only tell us that a total of 164 were sold in South Africa, they did not know the worldwide figures.
DavidKXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #1652
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperACR View Post
I just got an 08 SE and I had my local KTM dealer rejet my bike for our altitude 5-6000' asl it came from 750' asl. Problem is they admitted they dont know much about the 950 SE and the jetting is now so rich that my jacket and back pack smell like an exaust pipe after riding. Does anyone have a set up for this elevation or have a good service contact in northern CO. The bike is getting 28 mpg is this normal or part of the jetting problem. It has an uni 950 filter and Leo Vince exaust system. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hey Viper, there's a few of us around Colorado.... KTM950 high altitude jetting
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #1653
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
H2W jetting is wonderful in terms of quality of throttle accuracy, but seriously lacking in the ooomph department compared to other options. What is fantastic in it and works in almost every airbox/filter setup is the bottom jetting it uses, as it fixes the low end torque dip.
However, if you're coming from H2W (as I did) and ditch the prefilter and main filter for a DNA main filter and the appropriate mains for your elevation, then you realise why the 950's where originally coming with 17/42 gearing....
Please tell me more! The H2W made a big improvement.... but if there is more to be had and filter alternative to the airbox as well, I'm game. The only alternative to more power is fcr pumpers but I don't think the added cost and difficult tuning of the pumper carbs are justified at this time.
Edit: I was thinking cpr rottweiler replacement filter when I posted, I didn't realize the dna was still a oem replacement drop in. But it was worth it? 3 oem filters and you pay for it.

JustinT screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 09:50 PM
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #1654
JOKER650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking View Post
Please tell me more! The H2W made a big improvement.... but if there is more to be had and filter alternative to the airbox as well, I'm game. The only alternative to more power is fcr pumpers but I don't think the added cost and difficult tuning of the pumper carbs are justified at this time.
Edit: I was thinking cpr rottweiler replacement filter when I posted, I didn't realize the dna was still a oem replacement drop in. But it was worth it? 3 oem filters and you pay for it.
My experience with DNA Filters

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440368

(3 years, going on 4 with the original filter and it still works great....although I did get a 2nd just in case.)

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #1655
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
Joker650, what is your altitude and main jets with the DNA?
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #1656
v8toilet
Nothing to see here.

Oddometer: 1,712
Super Enduro Steering

Any way to improve steering lock to lock angles on the SE? Offset triple clamps etc? The 690 and SE both have pretty dismal steering in tight places. I know some guys just solve it by spooling up the rear but in some cases that is not a great solution. I've gotten as much movement as I can out of the stock setup without making contact with the frame but I'd like a bit more.
v8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1657
kanur
cu new er

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet View Post
Any way to improve steering lock to lock angles on the SE? Offset triple clamps etc? The 690 and SE both have pretty dismal steering in tight places. I know some guys just solve it by spooling up the rear but in some cases that is not a great solution. I've gotten as much movement as I can out of the stock setup without making contact with the frame but I'd like a bit more.
I'd like to know too. I used a thin strip of cardboard as a feeler gauge between the frame and forks to get as much out of mine as I could but it could stand a lot more.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #1658
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,562
The best way to tighten the turning radius on an Adv or SE is to learn well the technique where you lock-up and slide the rear end into the turn about 90 degrees and then get on the gas and power slide the rear end the rest of the way around.

Takes practice, but I can usually get my SE around in about a 6' trail.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #1659
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Not much you can do with the frame's we have.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #1660
muscly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKXF View Post
We asked KTM South Africa how many were sold and they could only tell us that a total of 164 were sold in South Africa, they did not know the worldwide figures.
Here in Norway it is only 10, and I have one of them

Because 99,999% of the earth,
are not pavement.
muscly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1661
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Tubliss on an SE

Hello, anyone on here used Tubliss on the mighty 950SE? preferably in muddy, sandy type conditions. Any other thoughts?

Cheers Wilso!

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #1662
RibRoy
RibRoy

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscly View Post
Here in Norway it is only 10, and I have one of them
And I got two :) Although one of mine is sold new in US, So I guess it must be 11 in Norway then?
RibRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #1663
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilso122 View Post
Hello, anyone on here used Tubliss on the mighty 950SE? preferably in muddy, sandy type conditions. Any other thoughts?

Cheers Wilso!
I am running a front Tubliss sytem on my SE and love it. No sand yet, but I rode my last Adv. with a Tubliss front in LOTS of sand and had great luck. FYI, going to the Tubliss on my SE took 4 lbs off the front wheel.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #1664
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
I am running a front Tubliss sytem on my SE and love it. No sand yet, but I rode my last Adv. with a Tubliss front in LOTS of sand and had great luck. FYI, going to the Tubliss on my SE took 4 lbs off the front wheel.
Thanks for the reply, from what I have read its ok on the front but the rear rim is too wide?? Did you drill a new hole as from memory the stock rim lock hole is further away than 4 spokes... not sure that really makes a difference...

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #1665
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilso122 View Post
Thanks for the reply, from what I have read its ok on the front but the rear rim is too wide?? Did you drill a new hole as from memory the stock rim lock hole is further away than 4 spokes... not sure that really makes a difference...
I did drill and run a new hole. Honestly I have done it both ways. I think for ease of tire mounting they say no more than 4 spokes away. Whatever.

I have also heard they are going to build a rear set-up for the 2 1/2" SE rim but I have yet to see it.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50