Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #211
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDuro
Well, that 40252 Facet has been pretty darn hard to find available,...
Greetings,
You're absolutely correct! I just spent the better part of an hour doing an internet search for this model, and other than finding a 'listing' of it by Facet, I have been unable to find a single instance where its actually for sale.

Can anyone point us to a place where we can actually buy one of these?

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #212
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm950se
Greetings,
You're absolutely correct! I just spent the better part of an hour doing an internet search for this model, and other than finding a 'listing' of it by Facet, I have been unable to find a single instance where its actually for sale. Can anyone point us to a place where we can actually buy one of these?

http://www.jnelectric.com/

"#40252 is basically an OEM part number, and if you don't need the electrical connector that is installed on this pump you can purchase a 40177 which is basically the same pump without the connector. Contact J&N Auto Electric in the US and ask for part number 40177N."

The quoted bit is information from Facet Purolators.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #213
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Inquiry made!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #214
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales
3) Screens..........

For screens see:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416369
DangerMoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #215
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney
cheers picked it up today so it's getting serious new Might go for soemthing a bit smaller than the ones in that link as it wasn't quite as bad as I had expected on the ~140 mile trip home.

cheers

Markie
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #216
MadMax
Marveling...

Oddometer: 407
Question New 950 SE fly n' ride question

Howdy All! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to purchase a new 950 SE at an Oregon dealer. I'm riding it back to MT and wanted to know if a medium sized roll bag can be fitted to the back portion of the seat without getting melted by the stock pipes. I plan on using a bungee net and nylock straps to secure it to the grab rails. Does this plan sound reasonable?

I'm slabbing it most of the way, no hard trail riding.

Thanks for any advice. Ride safe, Bob

MadMax
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #217
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Howdy All! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to purchase a new 950 SE at an Oregon dealer. I'm riding it back to MT and wanted to know if a medium sized roll bag can be fitted to the back portion of the seat without getting melted by the stock pipes. I plan on using a bungee net and nylock straps to secure it to the grab rails. Does this plan sound reasonable?

I'm slabbing it most of the way, no hard trail riding.

Thanks for any advice. Ride safe, Bob
Stay well clear of the stock cans....They are insanely hot!!!

See if the dealer will throw in a top rack, or see if CJ racer can ship one to the dealer....You then would have a nice platform to mount a top-box. You could easily lash down a cheap plastic box as an interim set-up..

You could also do a copy-cat design of your own for the top rack,,, very easy to make with a little bit of fore thought and common tools.
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #218
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,987
Roll bag...

Max,

Congratulations on your purchase.

I think you could get-away with a small-to-medium roll bag, as long as you butt-it-up (no pun intended) to your posterior, and secure it parallel with the length of the bike (not across the bike). I will tell you, from experience, that securing stuff to the grab rails can get tricky, because they do not make-up a closed-loop...the front of each rail has a relief. If things get loose, while riding, the straps can work their way out of the grab handles.

pfdskipper is absolutely right!...Don't get anything (luggage, clothing, skin, your car, your house, your dog, etc.) near those damn OEM canisters. They get HOT, and are sure to burn anything within a foot of 'em.

I also have to agree with pfdskipper about Craig's top rack. Just buy the damn thing! You're gonna' need it...You're gonna' love it...And, once you've had it for about a week, you're gonna' wonder how you woulda' ever made it without it. Just call and bother him (CJ) until he agrees to overnight one to the dealership...We all do it.

Good luck, and enjoy your "break-in" ride.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #219
MadMax
Marveling...

Oddometer: 407
Thanks

Bob and Prince,

Thanks! I took you up on the advice and Kurt over at Black Dog Cycles is shipping a rack to the OR dealer. I can put it on when I get there Friday.

I'm looking forward to the ride back, even if it has to be slow during the break-in mileage.

Never thought I'd trade a Bavarian prop for a pumpkin!

MadMax
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #220
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
...I'm looking forward to the ride back, even if it has to be slow during the break-in mileage...

I'm sure you already know this. But, don't forget to add-in an exit and entrance ramp, here-and-there...

(exit ramp) downshift...compression brake...downshift...compression brake...downshift...compression brake...etc.

then...

(entrance ramp) load the motor...first to second...load the motor...second to third...load the motor...third to fourth...etc.

Enjoy the ride...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #221
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Hi

So had the SE about 10 days now and gradually going through what I need to do with it. I'm still thinking about how to fit the road book, but while I had the front cowl off, I noticed a rubber / water sealed connector. Does anyone know oif this is to fit a trip master switch? I have one from my Adv, and hadn't thought that bit through! I see a rev counter connector hanging loose, and couldn't see a connector for the trip master, but if it's something different would rather it stayed water tight.

cheers

Markie
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #222
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie_wales
Hi

So had the SE about 10 days now and gradually going through what I need to do with it. I'm still thinking about how to fit the road book, but while I had the front cowl off, I noticed a rubber / water sealed connector. Does anyone know oif this is to fit a trip master switch? I have one from my Adv, and hadn't thought that bit through! I see a rev counter connector hanging loose, and couldn't see a connector for the trip master, but if it's something different would rather it stayed water tight.

cheers

Markie
The connector for the Tripmaster switch are different for the Adv and for the SE. IIRC, you need a dirt bike (EXC, etc) Tripmaster switch for the SE.
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #223
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo
The connector for the Tripmaster switch are different for the Adv and for the SE. IIRC, you need a dirt bike (EXC, etc) Tripmaster switch for the SE.
Bugger - oh well Adv Trip Master switch for sale...... So is it that wrapped connector that I need to fit the trip master to?

cheers

Markie
Old 10-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #224
Dakarmikey
MikeyB

Oddometer: 67
Temp gauge wiring

Hi all - can anyone show me where the temp gauge wires go (SE) from the engine and into the dash? I replaced a fuel pump recently and must have dislodged something as the temp gauge isn't displaying anymore.

Thanks people
Old 10-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #225
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,840
Question about accessory power...

...I know my SE came with two pre-wired accessory leads behind the headlight mask - one that is always hot (which I wired my GPS power cord into) and the other that is keyed with the ignition switch.

Anyone know if the keyed lead is fused and if so what amp fuse? I need to put an outlet in for my electric vest now that cold weather is coming on.

Thanks!
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote