Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #16
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Oddometer: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS
The ideal size would be like a Wolfman Enduro, but that model isn't waterproof.
I got caught in an absolute frog-strangling downpour for about an hour, during rush hour, on the way home from work a coupla weeks ago. I was so focused on not being taken out by soccer moms, it never occurred to me to stop and put the rain cover on my Wolfman Enduro tankbag. When I got home, the outside of the bag was absolutely saturated, but the inside was bone dry. I think I'll spray it with Scotchguard and call it good. I'll use the rain cover if I know I'm going to be in the rain all day.

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.

-Albert Einstein
Stobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #17
motomal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Kriega Tank Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS
I've decided I need a waterproof tank bag for my SE, which is fitted with a Safari 7.9-gallon tank. I want something as small and out-of-the-way as possible - enough to hold a camera, cell phone, wallet, etc. - that is water-PROOF when closed, not one that requires a separate rain cover.

The ideal size would be like a Wolfman Enduro, but that model isn't waterproof.

I'm also wondering if the Safari's gas cap vent tube will interfere with fitment.

Anyone with the SE and Safari got a recommendation? I've seen the GL Fandango but it looks on the large side for what I'm after.

Thanks!
This will be my next tank bag purchase:

KRIEGA PRODUCTS

A 10 litre US-10 would be good for day trips and the US-20 (if the bars allow) for the big trips.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #18
firebolter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Just use a larger Zip Lock bag inside and use the tank bag you like. I use that Wolfman Enduro bag on my SE for exactly what you said, wallet, camera, sunglasses, keys and a tire pressure gauge. It has seen hard rain, but not for extended periods of time. No issue.
2006 Husky SM610+71 BSA 250 Trials
2011 Beta 300 2T Lim Ed+ 74 RL250 Suzi
firebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #19
T O Double D
Pogue Mahone

Oddometer: 930
I use a Giant Loop tank bag and it doesn't get in my way at all. It looks to me like they're just about the same size.
T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #20
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,419
Gas tank lid vent hose...

So,

After my SE sat for about two months (while I put-in 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there installing the H2W jet kit and pre-filter), I was patting myself on the back for not having any "extra" pieces leftover. Then, I went to the gas station, to fill-up the tank, and realized that I did not re-attach the fuel tank lid vent hose.

Here is my problem...

Over the last coupla' months, while working on the bike, I have been keeping an orderly pile of bolts, washers, hoses, carb. internals, etc. To re-install everything, I just went backwards. Well, I never came-upon the above hose, during the re-install. So, what did I do with it?

I searched my ever-growing collection of hoses, and found a long (thin) amount of hose that is attached to a short (fatter) amount of hose...via a small white connection.

Is this my hose? What I meant to ask was, is the above combination of hoses the one that I am looking for? If it is, where does the thicker portion attach?

Thanks in advance...

P.S.- By the way, I have been looking at SE pictures, trying to figure this one out on my own...no luck.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 07-03-2010 at 12:38 PM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #21
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Oddometer: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ
So,

After my SE sat for about two months (while I put-in 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there installing the H2W jet kit and pre-filter), I was patting myself on the back for not having any "extra" pieces leftover. Then, I went to the gas station, to fill-up the tank, and realized that I did not re-attach the fuel tank lid vent hose.

Here is my problem...

Over the last coupla' months, while working on the bike, I have been keeping an orderly pile of bolts, washers, hoses, carb. internals, etc. To re-install everything, I just went backwards. Well, I never came-upon the above hose, during the re-install. So, what did I do with it?

I searched my ever-growing collection of hoses, and found a long (thin) amount of hose that is attached to a short (fatter) amount of hose...via a small white connection.

Is this my hose? What I meant to ask was, is the above combination of hoses the one that I am looking for? If it is, where does the thicker portion attach?

Thanks in advance...

P.S.- By the way, I have been looking at SE pictures, trying to figure this one out on my own...no luck.

are you talking about the FIG:24 ?

MY07 950 SER
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #22
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Hey,

Thanks for responding veetwo.

No, I am not talking about that line...I 86'ed that one, along with the "T" intersection and the rest of the lines that went with it. I was actually inquiring about the vent hose that comes out of the gas cap.

When you remove the tank, there is a little plastic shield just south of the "neck" of the frame. I call it a firewall. It appears to shield the electrical connections near the neck. Up in the left-hand corner of that wall, there are two rubber hose passages. I routed the radiator overflow vent hose through one, but had nothing to route through the other. From the photos that I have seen, I suspect that the gas cap vent hose goes through the second one.

Does the gas cap even need a vent hose? If so, how long does it have to be?

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
Old 07-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Does the gas cap even need a vent hose? If so, how long does it have to be?
no,but i created a right angle with 2 short pieces and an inline check valve so if the bike spends time on its side it wont lose the fuel
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #24
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Thanks Mookie.

I don't suppose you could shoot a pic. when you get a chance?...sounds like something I might want to do for the cap vent.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

i have the tank cap breather running down the front of the rad guard (orange hose)

MY07 950 SER
Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #26
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Thanks for the idea, and the pics., veetwo.

That is one sick SE!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

what size is the fuel line ?
1/4" - 6mm (inside diametre) fuel line hose ?
MY07 950 SER

veetwo _tls screwed with this post 07-05-2010 at 11:57 PM
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
dibdob69
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Has anyone got a link on How to service the SE or is it exactly the same as a 950 Adventure ?
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_0085-1.jpg
dibdob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #29
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
So,

Here is my problem...

Thanks in advance...

Your fuel vent hose is likely tucked under your gas tank. I made a similar mistake when re-assembling mine, but caught it before I had it all back together.

Since the vent hose just runs blindly down the front-ish of the bike, I would just pop on another and tuck it somewhere where it won't melt or get caught in moving parts...then recover the original vent hose the next time you take the tank off.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #30
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veetwo _tls
what size is the fuel line ?
1/4" - 6mm (inside diametre) fuel line hose ?
veetwo, I wish I could help you. If you had caught me about three weeks ago, I woulda' taken a dial caliper to it/them. You were talking about the lines that run from the junction (inside the airbox) to each carb...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdob69
Has anyone got a link on How to service the SE or is it exactly the same as a 950 Adventure ?
Man, I looked everywhere for a link, but couldn't find one that worked for me. Eventually, I bought the KTM CD, which supposedly covers the 2003-2008 950/990 Adventure/S, 990 Super Duke/R, 950/990 Supermoto/R, and the 950 Super Enduro. In my very humble opinion, the CD isn't worth a shit for SE owners...The SE seems to be more of an afterthought (if that) in the text and photos.

If it weren't for Ken's (Head2Wind) video, and his assistance, I would've never made it. I have the mechanical skills of a mushroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
Your fuel vent hose is likely tucked under your gas tank. I made a similar mistake when re-assembling mine, but caught it before I had it all back together.

Since the vent hose just runs blindly down the front-ish of the bike, I would just pop on another and tuck it somewhere where it won't melt or get caught in moving parts...then recover the original vent hose the next time you take the tank off.
Thanks Hick. I figured that was what I did. Like you mentioned, I wasn't going to mess with it...I was just going to re-route it, especially since I already had everything buttoned-up (and never want to see a wrench again...ever).

Well, I see you made it to Texas. Holla' at me if you find yourself down near San Antone sometime...