ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #91
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,578
Speedo/Odo loosing power intermittently?

Occasionaly while riding my '07 SE the trip computer's display will quickly dim and go blank, like the computer is loosing power.

While this is happening the temp light (and maybe oil pressure light?) will come on while the temp bars are all lit and blinking.

If I reach under the computer and pull/push the harness connector into the back of the computer, the display returns and the temp goes back to a normal reading.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks!
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #92
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,363
How much life are you getting out of a set of rear brakes.

I got 7000 Kilometers out of my stock ones. The replacements lasted all of 1000 kilometers. I didn't notice what brand they where I just wanted to get riding again. I'm about to change them out yet again, this time with stock pads (brembo)
Just wondering what kind of life you are getting.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #93
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,152
SE triple clamp torques?

Read the manual, says 12nm for SD and 20nm for the 950/990 top clamp and 15nm for the bottom. Can someone confirm it’s the same for the SE, 20nm seems a little tight?

Cheers.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #94
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 18,664
Does the SE have a battery inside the computer, like the small bikes do?

Your 'puter is kinda "open" due to the 8" doubles, isn't it? Dust?

Meh. I got nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country
Occasionaly while riding my '07 SE the trip computer's display will quickly dim and go blank, like the computer is loosing power.

While this is happening the temp light (and maybe oil pressure light?) will come on while the temp bars are all lit and blinking.

If I reach under the computer and pull/push the harness connector into the back of the computer, the display returns and the temp goes back to a normal reading.

Thanks!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #95
edgy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Just noticed that my front left fork is pissing out oil! 21000 kms/2008 model - is that about normal?
`11 KTM690
edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #96
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264
Read the manual, says 12nm for SD and 20nm for the 950/990 top clamp and 15nm for the bottom. Can someone confirm it’s the same for the SE, 20nm seems a little tight?

Cheers.
HH clamp bolts on top triple clamp............M8............20Nm

HH clamp bolts on bottom triple clamp.......M8............15Nm

As you can see, those are M8 bolts. I have the same bolts, on the cast triples, on my 300...and their torque values are 17 and 12Nm, respectively. 20Nm is not really that tight for them. I think those M8 bolts can go as high as 25-30Nm's.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 08-01-2010 at 10:04 AM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #97
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgy
Just noticed that my front left fork is pissing out oil! 21000 kms/2008 model - is that about normal?
I think that there are a few factors that come into play. How do you ride your SE?...mostly street?...Lotta' offroad? Do you clean your bottom tubes? Do you "breathe" the forks after you're done beatin' it offroad?

From what I have seen, there are guys who go through seals like underwear. But, many of their bikes are "rode hard and put-up wet".

I thought that "breathing" thing was snake oil. But, there are suspension gurus who really believe in it. If you ride really hard, try breathing your fork tubes and see if the flow slows...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 08-01-2010 at 12:36 PM
Old 08-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #98
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1313
How much life are you getting out of a set of rear brakes.

I got 7000 Kilometers out of my stock ones...
I replaced my stock rear 950 SE brake pads this morning, with just under 7,000 miles on the odo. They may have gone another 400-600 miles
My 690 Enduro rear's didnt last that long.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #99
steve Trimm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgy
fit a set of bleed valves.you will be shocked how much air pressure builds up after a hard days riding.
sitting at 35000km and still all ok
steve Trimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #100
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country

Thanks!
Oh yeah. I've see it happen a hundred times before. It's caused by the rider not obeying the speed limit. Smart Austrian engineers, eh?

You are a brutal, brutal man.

Got nothin' either, but I think Jim's smoking crack with his battery idea.

I'll think about it though.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #101
Mfed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
lurking...
Mfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #102
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfed
lurking...

God help us all...

And, Mfed, if there is a specific reason why you are lurking in this particular thread, God help your wallet...

Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #103
Mfed
Gnarly Adventurer

I can think of worse reasons to get a 3rd job...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #104
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfed
I can think of worse reasons to get a 3rd job...
I woulda' figured you would've learned your lesson with the supermoto thing. You remember(?)...All you have to do is say the word "Supermoto", and the price triples!

Go ahead...take your first "hit" of this ORANGE shit...no amount of intervention will help after that. The last thing that I had a simultaneous attraction and revulsion to, I almost married.

Remember...I am your buddy. Don't say, later, that I didn't warn you...

Old 08-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #105
Mfed
Gnarly Adventurer

Good taste often leads to bad decisions. Unfortunately, I am blessed with excellent taste. I've learned to live with it.