Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
sac1032 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
How to train your....Dragon?

Well, here was the plan:

Wild Hair in my ass - Ride from Harpers Ferry WV down to Deals Gap and ride the infamous Dragons tail! (Very worth it by the way)

Iron Gooch Award- I have bestowed upon myself, the Iron Gooch Award, 1200 miles, 34hrs saddle time, 3 days, on a Bandit. Maybe one of the worst seats out there, just sayin....

Ok, so I started Friday morning, sending the ever famous email to my boss, that I am going out of town, see you on Monday. I hit the road around 5:45am, and head toward the Blue Ridge Parkway. (This is my planned route)

Now just a couple comments about the Parkway...Beastiful! Schone! Bonita! What an awesome road, except when slow cars are in front, but mostly can easily be passed! So, I get to Waynesboro VA, and grab some breakfast, around 8:30am at this point. I eat at Lil Waynes place...Weasies! Got a nice filling breakfast, good thing too, because I wouldnt eat again until almost 9-10 hours later!

Here is Zesa (Zesay) all packed and ready to go. Yeah I got the ghetto packing job again, I just havent got my top case mounted yet!

So, I continue on to the Parkway, which was only a few minutes over the hill!

Here are a nice handful of random in action shots. Some are ok, some not so good. Very fun ride though!

Made a pit stop at a visitor center on the Parkway, there was a cool 3d model map of the Parkway, photo doesnt really do it well enough though..

More random shots..Perfect day too!

So, this beautiful scenary continued allll day, very nice! I rode for right around 14 hours, from the beginning of the parkway, all the way to around mile post 400-410, Mt. Pisgah! It is around 7:30-8:00pm now and I am ready to call it a day! So I pitch the tent!

I am starving too at this point, note not any real food, beside some cookies and crackers since about 9:00am! Lucky for me, 300 yards away is Mt. Pisgah Lodge Resturant! Food was good, and beer was even better! Not to mention the place has the most awesome view ever!

This beer was right on point! Very good taste!

My cell decided to try and find service all day in the mountains, and wore itself out doing so, so this cutie working at the lil gift shop let me charge it for about 20 minutes before she closed up! I told her she was very cute right before I took the pic, hence the big grin.

So, I ride back to the tent, and am ass out within minutes. Not the most confortable sleep, but it works! The next morning, bike is still there, no bears to contend with, life is good.

AGATT!

So today was the big day! Off to ride the Dragon!
Zesa and I are stoked!

Here we are finishing up the BRP!

And we're here!

The famous tree-o-parts...

A couple shots on a turn I stopped on. I have to say it was a very fun road! Took er down as far as she would go, ultil she scrapped exhaust!

So, I did the ride, Zesa earned her Dragon stickers, grabbed some grub and it was time to hit the road and start heading back north! I had to do all this in 3 days unfortunately, I would have loved to spend some more time down here! Off I go! Back to the BRP, I follow that up to Boone NC, where I find the first motel and crash. Not the best place, kinda stuck in the 70's, but shower and TV worked, and it had a bed!

As the trip continued, my already wore down tire became even more worn, and after I got home, I now see the nylon cords showing quite well! As long as it hold up this week until I get a new one in!
Heres a shot before it was totally dead, but nice and square.

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, riding those nice sweeping turns on the parkway was great, Michelin Pilot Power tires are the shiznit, sticky as hell! A few more beautiful day shots..

Almost looks like waves...

Zesa, with the patented Ghetto Pack..

And I got her to take a pic of me too..

The end... Thanks for looking. It's not the most exciting RR, but I thought I'd share.

This brings another point I want to ask. Lets share your tips and/or tricks on ways to relieve or subdue ass/gooch pain. I mean really? What about simply shaving your ass, think that would help? After sitting alll day, I think it would feel better if you had no hair! Haha, just an idea.
Prost!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
AwfulWaffle
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac1032
I mean really? What about simply shaving your ass, think that would help? After sitting alll day, I think it would feel better if you had no hair! Haha, just an idea.
Prost!
I would expect the new growth itch to be far worse , but go ahead and give that a try and let us know how it works out =)
AwfulWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Burro X
>Bikes <Brains

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
This brings another point I want to ask. Lets share your tips and/or tricks on ways to relieve or subdue ass/gooch pain. I mean really? What about simply shaving your ass, think that would help? After sitting alll day, I think it would feel better if you had no hair! Haha, just an idea.
Prost!
nice ride !

here is a start:
Burro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,557
Moved to Day Trippin'
Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,224
Quote:
Prost!

Try a beaded seat cover. It really helps get a bit of air flow under yer arse, and that keeps yer arse from getting so sweaty.

I can't believe I waited so long to try one.

Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
medic man
MEDIC MAN

Oddometer: 71
trip

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for telling about the restraunt! I will stop there next week to check it out!
Thanks!
2005 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 800
medic man is offline   Reply With Quote