Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #1921
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dave View Post

It's places like this that somehow make me stretch a 400 mile ride into a 14 hour affair .

I've never felt the need to hurry home.
Those brown cases. You just can't get that finish with paint (can you ~TOBASCO~?)

Top pics again.

As far as the wuss stuff goes, Bugger it. All you need to know is that if you were led astray by some KTM dudes you will probably get back.

If they don't kill you they most definitely will make you stronger and fitter .

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #1922
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Those brown cases. You just can't get that finish with paint

All you need to know is that if you were led astray by some KTM dudes you will probably get back.

My thoughts exactly, except I don't need any KTM dudes to lead me astray, I've already managed that by myself a few times and got back to tell about it. Amazing what it will do when you're willing to commit...or have no choice

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #1923
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Amazing what it will do when you're willing to commit...or have no choice
That's sort of my definition of adventure - it's like growing up all over again.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #1924
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
After the last couple of pages of photos with guys riding these things in more dirt bike type of terrain, I feel like a bit of a wuss posting these next pics, but this is how I use the Tenere, a great sport-touring streetbike that just loves to explore dirt also. As fun as this bike is to slide, it's first priority is about getting away from it all.

A bit of Eastern Sierra riding led me to a dirt road I hadn't been on before. Not sure what lay ahead I stumble upon this old gold mine mill stamp. What a neat surprise. I spent a good hour here getting a closer look. Things like this make me feel really connected to history, and even though our friends at ECV have a landmark plaque there, I still felt like I "discovered" it myself

Lots of relaxing two track to help me get lost

These things ALWAYS lead to a killer view. In this case across the valley I just rode through into the Nevada desert.

It's places like this that somehow make me stretch a 400 mile ride into a 14 hour affair .

I've never felt the need to hurry home.
I envy you. Amazing places…
I would like to come in USA with my bike once. I was in Idaho (Sun Valley and surrounds) and they let me a enduro bike, it was great, no restrictions like in Europe and incredible places.
I didn’t see anybody in the entire day!!
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #1925
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Amazing places…
I would like to come in USA with my bike once.
Yeah, it's pretty incredible the variety of remote terrain we can ride before lunch! I hear we have some good cities to, but I wouldn't know

If you ever make it out west I'll be glad to show you some of my favorite local rides.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #1926
20valves
Yamaholic

Oddometer: 411
Well, it's pretty clear America was ready for this bike. Great pics all. I'm really looking forward to my Pike's Peak trip in about a month. I'll try to stop riding long enough to get some great pics. My buddy is taking his Multistrada so we'll have to slant to more pavement this time.

Pluric, you seem to live in the middle of some of the USA's great adventure country, ya prick!

Warning: I need to come up there someday.....
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #1927
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves View Post
Well, it's pretty clear America was ready for this bike. Great pics all. I'm really looking forward to my Pike's Peak trip in about a month. I'll try to stop riding long enough to get some great pics. My buddy is taking his Multistrada so we'll have to slant to more pavement this time.

Pluric, you seem to live in the middle of some of the USA's great adventure country, ya prick!

Warning: I need to come up there someday.....
"Ya prick" gee no one has ever called me that before... well at least not this morning.

I am in the middle of a half ass ride report over in the Utards thread you may have to go a few
pages one way or the other. Some other nice early ride photos from some other locals too.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...4501&page=1185
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1928
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Another angle:

I found it in the equipment section here on the board. It's an REI kayak bag. I bought it for my dual sport, but till I get some luggage on this thing I swap it back and forth.
http://http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747552
Just figured I'd follow up here real quick... I broke 2 of the 4 straps on my kayak bag last week on an off-road ride. Granted, it was a rough trail ride on my WRR, but I was disappointed none-the-less. Not recommended for rough terrain. Still a handy bag, but now I need to use a bungee to hold it on.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #1929
Saso
chronically restless

Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Just figured I'd follow up here real quick... I broke 2 of the 4 straps on my kayak bag last week on an off-road ride. Granted, it was a rough trail ride on my WRR, but I was disappointed none-the-less. Not recommended for rough terrain. Still a handy bag, but now I need to use a bungee to hold it on.
Hey, you get what you paid for... What was it, $20? Mine did not hold up well at all on a Baja ride last month - Mainly straps breaking - zipper malfunctioning. Should have stuck with the Kriega.
Saso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #1930
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,568
Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty incredible the variety of remote terrain we can ride before lunch! I hear we have some good cities to, but I wouldn't know

If you ever make it out west I'll be glad to show you some of my favorite local rides.

How come you don't ask me That sure looks like the Golden Gate Mine.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #1931
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Well, it's the back of the S10. Just an update on the K60. 5,000 miles, Baja, street, Southern Utah
and it still has life. I've never had a rear tire wear this well.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #1932
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
How come you don't ask me That sure looks like the Golden Gate Mine.
I'm guessing there's nothing local I could show you that you haven't been on before We can still go ride though.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #1933
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Well, it's the back of the S10. Just an update on the K60. 5,000 miles, Baja, street, Southern Utah
and it still has life. I've never had a rear tire wear this well.

Very impressive wear and flexibility Pluric. How do they compare to TKC's in terms of performance, both on- and off-road?

Jeff
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #1934
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie View Post
Very impressive wear and flexibility Pluric. How do they compare to TKC's in terms of performance, both on- and off-road?

Jeff
Can't comment on that. I've never tried a TKC. Normally I don't run a very aggresive
tire pattern. The Tenere seemed so willing off road I thought I would go with the K60.

I'm begining to trust them more on pavement. The first time out they made the bike
unstable feeling at speed. I compared it to my old Strom with the high speed wooble.

I wasn't as loaded this last trip and it felt better and I pushed a few corners harder.
I still like the Tourances better for slabbing it. But the wear of the K60s is really impressive.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #1935
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I'm begining to trust them more on pavement. The first time out they made the bike unstable feeling at speed. I compared it to my old Strom with the high speed wooble.
TKC80's will do the same on pavement, especially over 150kmph, but they are sure sweet tires when you hit mud, sand or deep/loose gravel.

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote