ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #2356
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer
 
tremor38's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Japan
Oddometer: 1,420
Cape Soya, the northernmost point in Japan. It is located on the island of Hokkaido. Holding up a Starbucks cup would have been appropriate as almost all of this 2500km trip was on tarmac. The riding was awesome nonetheless. Next trip to this area will be on Heidenau K60s, so I can tempt fate in some of the upaved areas. :-) Had to leave the helmet on in case a hasty retreat was necessary, as I wasn't sure the folks in charge would take kindly to my beast being on their landmark. ;-) Japanese people are generally more reserved and weren't doing this with their bikes until I opened the flood gates!

__________________
2011 Yamaha XT1200Z

tremor38 screwed with this post 08-07-2012 at 02:14 AM
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #2357
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD
Oddometer: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Cape Soya, the northernmost point in Japan. It is located on the island of Hokkaido. Holding up a Starbucks cup would have been appropriate as almost all of this 2500km trip was on tarmac. The riding was awesome nonetheless. Next trip to this area will be on Heidenau K60s, so I can tempt fate in some of the upaved areas. :-) Had to leave the helmet on in case a hasty retreat was necessary, as I wasn't sure the folks in charge would take kindly to my beast being on their landmark. ;-) Japanese people are generally more reserved and weren't doing this with their bikes until I opened the flood gates!

I did something like this in DC with the Washington Monument in the background. The US Park Police got to me in seconds. I'd left the motor running, so it was barely enough to snap the photo, wave to the pissed off officer, and be on my way.
__________________
Super Tenere & WR250R, AMA, IBA
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2358
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dave View Post











Beautiful pics!!! what an incredible place
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #2359
true grip
Gnarly Adventurer
 
true grip's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Centerville TN
Oddometer: 214
I thought I would share a slideshow of my trip out west with my Tenere brothers. I hope it loaded right.
Trip totals 13 days
5649 miles
1365 miles of CDR
My brother in law was with me for most of the trip. When we got to the CDR he rode 40 miles and quit, what a wuss.
Never count on family for a wing man. I rode the CDR from Ovando MT to Hartsel CO. It was a beautiful ride and met some nice and interesting folks along the way. Many were envious of my ride espically the British man in the Great Basin of WY. He was walking from Canada to Mexico. The pictures are not Desert Dave quality, many were shot on the run, one handed. It took me five days to ride this portion of the CDR, with the first day of 110 miles, the other four days a little over 300 each. I only camped one night at Red Rock Lakes in MT. A nice couple gave me an elk sandwich for my tank bag that was great. The other nights I was wanting a shower and bed and cooked grub. In hindsight I would slow down and enjoy the ride more but I was by myself and I get tired of my own company too. The big girl was great on this trip. She eats the slab like candy, handled the gravel and baby heads just fine. I got in alittle mud in MT but it was tacky so not to bad. I dropped her once turning around in the road (doesn't everybody) but picked it right up ( not as easy as OldGit Ray, but easy enough for a little guy).Hope you enjoy! Click the pic it should load up
__________________
This ain't no coon hunt

true grip screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 05:46 AM
true grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #2360
MooMoo
Adventurer
 
MooMoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by true grip View Post
I thought I would share a slideshow of my trip out west with my Tenere brothers. I hope it loaded right.
Trip totals 13 days
5649 miles
1365 miles of CDR
My brother in law was with me for most of the trip. When we got to the CDR he rode 40 miles and quit, what a wuss.
Never count on family for a wing man. I rode the CDR from Ovando MT to Hartsel CO. It was a beautiful ride and met some nice and interesting folks along the way. Many were envious of my ride espically the British man in the Great Basin of WY. He was walking from Canada to Mexico. The pictures are not Desert Dave quality, many were shot on the run, one handed. It took me five days to ride this portion of the CDR, with the first day of 110 miles, the other four days a little over 300 each. I only camped one night at Red Rock Lakes in MT. A nice couple gave me an elk sandwich for my tank bag that was great. The other nights I was wanting a shower and bed and cooked grub. In hindsight I would slow down and enjoy the ride more but I was by myself and I get tired of my own company too. The big girl was great on this trip. She eats the slab like candy, handled the gravel and baby heads just fine. I got in alittle mud in MT but it was tacky so not to bad. I dropped her once turning around in the road (doesn't everybody) but picked it right up ( not as easy as OldGit Ray, but easy enough for a little guy).Hope you enjoy! Click the pic it should load up
That looks amazing. Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. I would love to make that trip, someday.
MooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #2361
1reddawg
Beastly Adventurer
 
1reddawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Monteagle Tenn.
Oddometer: 2,161
Well Done True Grip!!
__________________
Current ride
2004 BMW R1150 GSA
1reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #2362
true grip
Gnarly Adventurer
 
true grip's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Centerville TN
Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
That looks amazing. Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. I would love to make that trip, someday.
MooMoo you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1reddawg View Post
Well Done True Grip!!
Thanks reddawg
__________________
This ain't no coon hunt
true grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #2363
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,718
Thumb What a Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by true grip View Post
I thought I would share a slideshow of my trip out west with my Tenere brothers. I hope it loaded right.
Trip totals 13 days
5649 miles
1365 miles of CDR
My brother in law was with me for most of the trip. When we got to the CDR he rode 40 miles and quit, what a wuss.
Never count on family for a wing man. I rode the CDR from Ovando MT to Hartsel CO. It was a beautiful ride and met some nice and interesting folks along the way. Many were envious of my ride espically the British man in the Great Basin of WY. He was walking from Canada to Mexico. The pictures are not Desert Dave quality, many were shot on the run, one handed. It took me five days to ride this portion of the CDR, with the first day of 110 miles, the other four days a little over 300 each. I only camped one night at Red Rock Lakes in MT. A nice couple gave me an elk sandwich for my tank bag that was great. The other nights I was wanting a shower and bed and cooked grub. In hindsight I would slow down and enjoy the ride more but I was by myself and I get tired of my own company too. The big girl was great on this trip. She eats the slab like candy, handled the gravel and baby heads just fine. I got in alittle mud in MT but it was tacky so not to bad. I dropped her once turning around in the road (doesn't everybody) but picked it right up ( not as easy as OldGit Ray, but easy enough for a little guy).Hope you enjoy! Click the pic it should load up



Wow! Outstanding, True Grip!

I think the pictures were fantastic. Thanks for taking us along!

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #2364
20valves
Yamaholic
 
20valves's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 397
Thumb

Nice, love Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song for the soundtrack.
__________________
'14 500 EXC, '06 R1 LE, '13 FJR, '12 XTZ12, '09 T Max
20valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #2365
Flydream
King of the Atlantic
 
Flydream's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Azores
Oddometer: 358
Thumb

1 more nice
Flydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #2366
Flydream
King of the Atlantic
 
Flydream's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Azores
Oddometer: 358
Morocco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5EI...e_gdata_player
Flydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #2367
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,455
Veeeery nice pics. Incredible trip.
My daugther is working this summer near the Mount Rushmore

The Morocco vídeo, this is the Todhra isn't it?.
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #2368
CBAT
occasional wanderer
 
CBAT's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by true grip View Post
I thought I would share a slideshow of my trip out west with my Tenere brothers. I hope it loaded right.
Trip totals 13 days
5649 miles
1365 miles of CDR
My brother in law was with me for most of the trip. When we got to the CDR he rode 40 miles and quit, what a wuss.
Never count on family for a wing man. I rode the CDR from Ovando MT to Hartsel CO. It was a beautiful ride and met some nice and interesting folks along the way. Many were envious of my ride espically the British man in the Great Basin of WY. He was walking from Canada to Mexico. The pictures are not Desert Dave quality, many were shot on the run, one handed. It took me five days to ride this portion of the CDR, with the first day of 110 miles, the other four days a little over 300 each. I only camped one night at Red Rock Lakes in MT. A nice couple gave me an elk sandwich for my tank bag that was great. The other nights I was wanting a shower and bed and cooked grub. In hindsight I would slow down and enjoy the ride more but I was by myself and I get tired of my own company too. The big girl was great on this trip. She eats the slab like candy, handled the gravel and baby heads just fine. I got in alittle mud in MT but it was tacky so not to bad. I dropped her once turning around in the road (doesn't everybody) but picked it right up ( not as easy as OldGit Ray, but easy enough for a little guy).Hope you enjoy! Click the pic it should load up
Fantastic! Makes me want to go do it again.
__________________
Bruce

2000 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
My Great Divide Ride 2009
Great Divide Part 2
CBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #2369
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT View Post
Fantastic! Makes me want to go do it again.
Here is my bike after the last modifications: rear moded, black painted subframe and aluminium mesh in the air intakes.





I like this sexy bottom

jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #2370
Cykel
I'm Adventurer?
 
Cykel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, Tx
Oddometer: 285
So when does Yamaha release the Jaumev limited edition?

Cykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014