ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #3841
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
"Yer goin' to need a bigger boat!" It looks like 200 Hp at the motor and 20 at the rear wheels. Could it be because it's a black SUV?
Nope. 50 shades of grey.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #3842
White Tenere
Look a moose
 
White Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post
Look'en GOOD ! Ya need to get some K60's on that sucker !
There on next month's list...
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #3843
wolfmanluggage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wolfmanluggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Oddometer: 487
Loaded Super Ten...



My S-10 with our New Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags, with Small Rolie and Fuel Bottle. Expedition Duffel, Renegade Duffel, and Large Expedition Tank Bag.
Woof
e
wolfmanluggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3844
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer
 
jaumev's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona
Oddometer: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanluggage View Post


My S-10 with our New Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags, with Small Rolie and Fuel Bottle. Expedition Duffel, Renegade Duffel, and Large Expedition Tank Bag.
Woof
e
Now you're ready to go to the end of the world!!
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #3845
wolfmanluggage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wolfmanluggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Now you're ready to go to the end of the world!!
And Back.

e
wolfmanluggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #3846
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanluggage View Post


My S-10 with our New Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags, with Small Rolie and Fuel Bottle. Expedition Duffel, Renegade Duffel, and Large Expedition Tank Bag.
Woof
e
Anything Wolfman I've ever purchased has been very durable! Good stuff, keep it up please.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #3847
Ze_zaskar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ze_zaskar's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: 41°17'51.59"N / 8°43'56.76"W
Oddometer: 309
If Yamaha was as smart as BMW in terms of marketing, the stock S10 would look a lot more like that
Ze_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #3848
Duane1969
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Little Rock, AR USA
Oddometer: 144
I have been out of riding for a while due to finances or lack there of. But............I am now looking at getting one of these new Yamahas. My last bike was a 2010 BMW 1200 GS Adventure but I REALLY like this new Yamaha. This may not be the thread so please feel free to redirect me but I was wanting to know how you guys like the new bike. How does it handle and compare to the competition. Any issues to be aware of and etc.............

Thank you...................these things are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Duane1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3849
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,900
Talking The "BIG" Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane1969 View Post
I have been out of riding for a while due to finances or lack there of. But............I am now looking at getting one of these new Yamahas. My last bike was a 2010 BMW 1200 GS Adventure but I REALLY like this new Yamaha. This may not be the thread so please feel free to redirect me but I was wanting to know how you guys like the new bike. How does it handle and compare to the competition. Any issues to be aware of and etc.............

Thank you...................these things are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

This should get you started... Work backward from the last page.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post20672958

And don't forget the dedicated Yamaha Super Tenere web forum. ADVrider frowns on posting links to it here, but maybe this will help get you there...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yamaha+super+tenere+forum

Enjoy!

Dallara



~
__________________

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #3850
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 5,289
Hi Duane,

Just pop over to the YAMAHA SUPER TENERE big thread for that. When you have one post the pics here...

but the simple answers are.

1) It is pretty well bullet proof, although that's just conjecture as no one has had any reason to shoot one yet.
2) It is a proper all road bike not a jacked up street bike so it has a different set of compromises than more HP faster lap times etc.
3) Every time I get on mine I appreciate what it does. It will be with me for a while. If YAMAHA release an XT900z that may change but it may not.
4) I am not a bike swapper or a YAMAHA fan boy...well maybe this bike has made me a bit of a fan boy.
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #3851
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane1969 View Post
I have been out of riding for a while due to finances or lack there of. But............I am now looking at getting one of these new Yamahas. My last bike was a 2010 BMW 1200 GS Adventure but I REALLY like this new Yamaha. This may not be the thread so please feel free to redirect me but I was wanting to know how you guys like the new bike. How does it handle and compare to the competition. Any issues to be aware of and etc.............

Thank you...................these things are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Duane, the S10's CoG is very low so the bike feels very light lifting it off the side stand and very nimble once rolling. Handles great and is comfortable over long distances. I rode a friend's GSA back to back with my S10 and at parking lot pace and during u-turns the Yamaha feels much lighter and more manageable. Next I rode another friends standard 12GS, felt very similar to the Yamaha.

No mechanical issues to be aware of as far as I know other than some headlight harnesses overheating on the earlier bikes but I believe this has been addressed. I know Yamaha that replaced it free of charge on my First Edition.

Yamaha put power restrictions on the first 3 gears in both touring and sport mode. These can be eliminated with an ECU reflash, or simply by placing a jumper in the clutch wire. I did the latter and the bike runs great. Plenty of information about this and everything else at the dedicated S10 forum.
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #3852
Duane1969
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Little Rock, AR USA
Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Duane, the S10's CoG is very low so the bike feels very light lifting it off the side stand and very nimble once rolling. Handles great and is comfortable over long distances. I rode a friend's GSA back to back with my S10 and at parking lot pace and during u-turns the Yamaha feels much lighter and more manageable. Next I rode another friends standard 12GS, felt very similar to the Yamaha.

No mechanical issues to be aware of as far as I know other than some headlight harnesses overheating on the earlier bikes but I believe this has been addressed. I know Yamaha that replaced it free of charge on my First Edition.

Yamaha put power restrictions on the first 3 gears in both touring and sport mode. These can be eliminated with an ECU reflash, or simply by placing a jumper in the clutch wire. I did the latter and the bike runs great. Plenty of information about this and everything else at the dedicated S10 forum.
WOW..............thank you for the link to the S10 forum!!!!! AND your input..............I really appreciate it!!!
Duane1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #3853
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,635
Went to the boat show tonight. Made me remember there is a summer.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #3854
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,295
Weird place for a boat show, but I guess that was all underwater about a million years ago.
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #3855
Saso
chronically restless
 
Saso's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Northern California
Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Weird place for a boat show, but I guess that was all underwater about a million years ago.
Saso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014