Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #466
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,889
Finally mine again after sitting in lockup for a month!!!
Attached Images

sidetrack one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #467
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo View Post
I have never seen the big XT next to the others. It looks much smaller than the other Teneres. Maybe just not as tall or just the photo?
It is smaller and feels lighter than the XTZ750 although it has 30 kgs more weight ... probably because the 750 has a bigger fuel tank so more heavy up ...
Did a trip to complete the first 1000 km and joined a group of friends who love dirt and finished surprised with the excellent performance of this bike ... everything that has been said about the bike is true!!!!! ... have been a long time driver on Tenere's and Super Tenere's and I can tell you that this bike is like riding a XT600 on steroids ... superb handling on dirt and heavy rain ... here are some photos before and after the 400 km trip on dirt ... done some modifications: HDB hand guards, Extenda fenda, back seat with Yamaha stamped on it, rider seat with AirHawk plus sheep skin cover, Bagster tank cover and Bagster tank bag ... didn't install the Yamaha side cases which will be traded in and replaced with a Top case and engine guards.
Cheers,
Thagua
[IMG][/IMG]

Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 AM   #468
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post

Nice bike(s).

Don' forget to change that bash plate . Mine went in the bin !
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #469
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Bash plate and other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
Nice bike(s).

Don' forget to change that bash plate . Mine went in the bin !
I changed the mirrors for Doubletake and hand guards for HDB with some modifications ... what I strongly recommend is the Tank cover from Bagster ... I am looking for gel grips to go over the OEM ones and cannot remember where I saw mentioned the gear indicator ... could you help?
With my fiberglass technician I will backup all plastics ... will show soon.
Cheers,
Roberto
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #470
hombacher
Niederrheiner

Oddometer: 20
Quote:

[..]

My new Raven with her two small sisters ... will be upgrading and installing some farkles ... a work in progress
Cheers,
Roberto

Thank you very much Roberto, for the picture.

I was searching for an image of that bagster tank cover. As I like them very much for being very protective and absolutely useful, easy click on and off the bag.

Although a lot of these blue "Sky"-animals have to die for my tank cover, I am sure now, that I need one.

Gruss
hombacher
hombacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #471
Kidder
Poser

Oddometer: 493
Can someone post a pic of a black bike with the Tenere tank protector? I want to see if it actually shows up.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:39 AM   #472
Mugatu
Sidewalk adventurer

Oddometer: 255
I'll try to make a photo when I get back home.
It does show, especially in the light.
And the "eyes" do stand out.
Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #473
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Raven with tank cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Can someone post a pic of a black bike with the Tenere tank protector? I want to see if it actually shows up.

Thanks in advance.
Here it is with plastics off ... I'm cloning them to make my Worldcrosser ... need the supplier of the rear tanks
Cheers,
Roberto
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #474
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Here it is with plastics off ... I'm cloning them to make my Worldcrosser ... need the supplier of the rear tanks
Cheers,
Roberto
[IMG]
I asked my dealer to register my interest in the Worldcrosser tank. Maybe if others do the same they will put them into production?

But you make a good point - maybe the Worldcrosser auxiliary tank is not made by Yamaha at all - and we might stand a better chance of getting it if we can find out who supplied it to Yamaha. Typically the manufacturers keep their supplier information pretty close to their chest - so it may take a "mole" inside Yamaha to find out!

Trevor
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #475
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
I asked my dealer to register my interest in the Worldcrosser tank. Maybe if others do the same they will put them into production?

But you make a good point - maybe the Worldcrosser auxiliary tank is not made by Yamaha at all - and we might stand a better chance of getting it if we can find out who supplied it to Yamaha. Typically the manufacturers keep their supplier information pretty close to their chest - so it may take a "mole" inside Yamaha to find out!

Trevor
It was probably Yamaha development team in Japan.. Ive seen the pictures of the tank and skid plate being made in clay. I read in that article that it was a last minute exercise, and was built on a very tight schedule. (who knows?) That rear tank on the WC might even be semi-fake for looks. It was prolly just Yamaha getting a buzz going...
Yamaha knows better than anyone, they can build all these exotic parts out of carbon, Etc... and THEY WOULD BE AWESOME... but the price tag would be out of this world for 99% of us. For the most part, in the motorcycle industry (most buyers IMOP) want the best for the least. And it comes down to money. The part must be within $10 of the 'group' of after market parts to stay in the game. Other wise people talk all day about how they want "this or that part" and how cool it is and then go buy the less expensive part...... (being there might be a huge price difference)
Point being,, all the WC parts are very expensive and I would bet we wont see these exact same parts being offered at your Yamaha dealer...
My $.02 comes from 15 years in the bike business and 10+ as a developer and builder in the bike business.....
~TABASCO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #476
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post
It was probably Yamaha development team in Japan.. Ive seen the pictures of the tank and skid plate being made in clay. I read in that article that it was a last minute exercise, and was built on a very tight schedule. (who knows?) That rear tank on the WC might even be semi-fake for looks. It was prolly just Yamaha getting a buzz going...
Yamaha knows better than anyone, they can build all these exotic parts out of carbon, Etc... and THEY WOULD BE AWESOME... but the price tag would be out of this world for 99% of us. For the most part, in the motorcycle industry (most buyers IMOP) want the best for the least. And it comes down to money. The part must be within $10 of the 'group' of after market parts to stay in the game. Other wise people talk all day about how they want "this or that part" and how cool it is and then go buy the less expensive part...... (being there might be a huge price difference)
Point being,, all the WC parts are very expensive and I would bet we wont see these exact same parts being offered at your Yamaha dealer...
My $.02 comes from 15 years in the bike business and 10+ as a developer and builder in the bike business.....
Yeah, I realize it comes down to $$ in the end - and that there is a direct relationship to the volume they can sell. I would happily pay say $1200 for that tank, but that's probably not enough, especially if they figure the market is only a few hundred worldwide. They may need to modify for the 'real world' too - the Worldcrosser isn't fitted with bags, but 99.9% of us who'd want the tank, would also be running bags. So it may need a modification or two in order to allow mounting of bags.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #477
Kidder
Poser

Quote:
Cheers,
Roberto
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm talking about this tank pad:
Old 05-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #478
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
I'm talking about this tank pad:
Sorry ... I placed it in my windshield because it wouldn't show under my Bagster tank cover ...
Cheers,
Roberto

Here is a front photo
Old 05-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #479
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
I don't own a ST, or even have one on order yet, but I would buy the rear tank today if it was available just because its cool.

And then I'd have to order the ST because it'd be stupid to have just the tank and not the bike.

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #480
Kidder
Poser

Quote:
Sorry ... I placed it in my windshield because it wouldn't show under my Bagster tank cover ...
Cheers,
Roberto

Here is a front photo
I want to see if it's at all visible on the tank itself. Thanks, though.