Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #4906
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,713
Question Is it real? Or is it Pluric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
AF-1 does not do the upgrade. The new reflash will have the upgrade already. I thought
you had never had a reflash so AF-1 would be fine to use. As mentioned give them a heads
up so they can have the program ready.

Now as a public apology to ECUnleashed... I'm sorry. I've been boobing about their lack of communication
and the fact I had not heard anything on my ECU sent in 2 weeks ago. I came home from work today
and it was on my porch. I feel like a shit heel for complaining about a free upgrade.

Now for the good stuff, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I really liked the original reflash. As I've always said
not a night and day OMG difference just a very nice combination of perfect feeling jetting and a modest
performance increase. This new reflash reminds me of what the Europeans claimed when they had the
reflash done. Very noticeable performance jump! Tour mode and Sport mode finally have a reason to exist.
I've never used the Tour mode and now can see a reason to. It was a short test around the neighborhood
and I never got above 4th gear. I can tell you I was grinning a lot. I need to do an extended test. It almost felt
like it gave up a little under 3K above 3k better be paying attention. I've removed the clutch mod. No stall or hiccup.

Still grinning typing this.

I know there have been some skeptics and stuck to how happy they are with how their stock bike runs.
All I can say is you don't have a clue what it's capable of with just a simple ECU tweaking.

I know I've said this class of bike isn't about raw performance or high horsepower, buuuutttt it is fun to
find out what untapped potential is sitting under you. Now where is that GS that gave me an ass whooping?

OK, Pluric...

These days I have more trouble telling when you're kidding or not.

Are you just joking? Or are you really gonna' end up a few feet deeper when you play sand dart?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #4907
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
OK, Pluric...

These days I have more trouble telling when you're kidding or not.

Are you just joking? Or are you really gonna' end up a few feet deeper when you play sand dart?

Dallara

~

For this one time, very small window, cross my heart, honest injun, straight face,
on my mothers grave, so help me God, sitck a needle in my eye, devil can have my soul, again,
I'm serious. Short run, but I really liked the gen 2 reflash.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #4908
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeper View Post
Today in the Valley of the Gods.

Makes me feel the need for a little Southern Utah. Nice!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #4909
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeper View Post
Today in the Valley of the Gods.

And on Muley Point.

Whow!!

Yamaha Super Ténéré off road modifications: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797977
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #4910
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,903
Quote:
Now as a public apology to ECUnleashed... I'm sorry. I've been boobing about their lack of communication
and the fact I had not heard anything on my ECU sent in 2 weeks ago. I came home from work today
and it was on my porch. I feel like a shit heel for complaining about a free upgrade.

Now for the good stuff, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I really liked the original reflash. As I've always said
not a night and day OMG difference just a very nice combination of perfect feeling jetting and a modest
performance increase. This new reflash reminds me of what the Europeans claimed when they had the
reflash done. Very noticeable performance jump!
No need to apologize, two weeks without communication is still any way you slice it. And it turns out that the original one was crap after all, glad I held back.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #4911
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,342
Laugh

Quote:
AF-1 does not do the upgrade. The new reflash will have the upgrade already. I thought
you had never had a reflash so AF-1 would be fine to use. As mentioned give them a heads
up so they can have the program ready.

reflash done. Very noticeable performance jump! Tour mode and Sport mode finally have a reason to exist.
I've never used the Tour mode and now can see a reason to. It was a short test around the neighborhood
and I never got above 4th gear. I can tell you I was grinning a lot. I need to do an extended test. It almost felt
like it gave up a little under 3K above 3k better be paying attention. I've removed the clutch mod. No stall or hiccup.

Still grinning typing this.

I know there have been some skeptics and stuck to how happy they are with how their stock bike runs.
All I can say is you don't have a clue what it's capable of with just a simple ECU tweaking.

I know I've said this class of bike isn't about raw performance or high horsepower, buuuutttt it is fun to
find out what untapped potential is sitting under you. Now where is that GS that gave me an ass whooping?
Told ya.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #4912
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,107
Glad you got the bugger back and glad the stress has been removed.

Hope you can kick the GSs butt, and ALSO outlast him to the next fillup!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #4913
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,928
???

Who owns this?...

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #4914
muddysoles
The cubicle traveler

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Who owns this?...

What the..
muddysoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #4915
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Who owns this?...

That's another one of those, half way through a case of beer and " hey, I've got an idea!"
Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #4916
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
:c ry :c ry

Yamaha Super Ténéré off road modifications: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797977
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #4917
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Looks like something Thanga would come up with to haul his trailer around better.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #4918
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
No need to apologize, two weeks without communication is still any way you slice it. And it turns out that the original one was crap after all, glad I held back.
I wouldn't say the original reflash was crap. It improved the fueling got rid of the low speed stall
and made the bike run great. I have always recommended it. I do need to go put some more time
and some off road on the gen 2 reflash. My initial short run around the neighborhood impression was
a performance jump (the original also had a performance jump) so between the two the bike has
really come alive.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #4919
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
Told ya.
I'm a believer!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #4920
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Maybe it is someone who still wants to ride the S10 but is physically unable to balance a motorcycle? It looks better than a Harley or Goldwing rear-wheel trike...
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote