User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #811
mykrysys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thanks,
That was the start (1st 30 miles) of the weekend trip.....was not so "black" when I got home.

ride ,rinse,repeat
mykrysys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #812
TRUBRIT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Black is the new Chrome

With 50 miles on the clock I got to play in the gravel and packed dirt of South Florida. Been installing more bits since this pic. Not a fan of the natural aluminum look of the bash plate, so I painted mine black. Coming from a blacked out Harley SG I guess I can't escape....once you go black....
Attached Images

TRUBRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #813
TRUBRIT
Gnarly Adventurer

SW Motech

Blacked out
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #814
Arktus
on XTzy!

Oddometer: 90
In germany it´s getting darker 2012.

http://www.yamaha-motor.de/de/produc...ymeGallery1&t=

Greetz

Arktus

Now playing: Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Ténéré, Legendary XRV750 Africa Twin RD07
Arktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #815
Biker Buzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiZ View Post
@Gadget Boy: Yes, I ordered it in February. I was with the Xt660Z Tenere in Morocco when my dealer called me to tell me the price. The order followed when I returned home. :)
@Parigi: I ordered from K&Log Bucharest. I recommend them highly, they take your money like everybody else but they have (still) a touch of soul.

The screen should be replaced asap, it doesn't give me any wind protection for my 193 (6'4 ft) frame. I will order the taller screen + additional side deflectors. The rest ...it's a dream. A dream come true
The picture is at the base of Transfagarasan which was still closed yesterday, at Vidraru Lake

Nice color!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #816
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,002
That's a blast from the past

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #817
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
OK OK OK....

I just got back to work from looking at the absolute coolest bike I have ever seen..... You guys that own the Super Tenere, I envy you
Look at my sig line, see my current stable lineup, the Tenere has completely blown me away! The fit and finish, excellent ergos, the quality of materials and its an adventure tourer!! I say excellent job to Yamaha I just might add some blue to the red kool aid
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #818
combo
D S N

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by b dirt View Post
ok ok ok....

I just got back to work from looking at the absolute coolest bike i have ever seen..... you guys that own the super tenere, i envy you
look at my sig line, see my current stable lineup, the tenere has completely blown me away! The fit and finish, excellent ergos, the quality of materials and its an adventure tourer!! I say excellent job to yamaha i just might add some blue to the red kool aid
Just do it! You will love it!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #819
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

LOL going tomorrow morning to test ride one, actually was able to talk a dealer into it after calling 5 different places. Gonna wash the wing and see what kinda beating they wanna give me for a trade, cherry 01 with 24k shouldnt be too bad
I really like the blue but the one Im test riding is raven, kinda excited to see it in person. So far the are telling me 14,100 but are willing to "work" on the price. Another place that would not let me ride the bike are selling at 13,900 and theyre actually a lot further away from me so....
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #820
ANutt
Keyboard Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by B DIRT View Post
LOL going tomorrow morning to test ride one, actually was able to talk a dealer into it after calling 5 different places. Gonna wash the wing and see what kinda beating they wanna give me for a trade, cherry 01 with 24k shouldnt be too bad
I really like the blue but the one Im test riding is raven, kinda excited to see it in person. So far the are telling me 14,100 but are willing to "work" on the price. Another place that would not let me ride the bike are selling at 13,900 and theyre actually a lot further away from me so....
Is your wing ABS? If so, I might be interested...
ANutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #821
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry Nut it does not have ABS, it is in excellent condition (black) with no added chrome C-bailey screen, utopia drivers backrest, aux input, 12v socket, fog lights

shoot me a pm after I ride the Tenere tomorrow because the wing just might go to the classifieds
Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 AM   #822
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,313
Long distance mount

Ran 1100+ miles on Saturday and was totally confortable -could do it again today. No soreness anywhere. I do run a big windshield and have done the mod to flatten the seat.

The duffel has tent, sleeping bag, and ground pad. The side bags are Nelson Rigg CL-850. The left grab handle is upside down and mounted on the right side to keep the soft bag away from the tire's travel area.

The bicycle water bottle rack on the left crash bar was $6.76 at Walmart and is priceless. I simply use my pocketknife to poke a hole in the caps of bottles and use drinking straws from fast food places.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #823
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Well guys I rode the bike on saturday, I love it...

Dealer didnt want to give me shit for my wing so Im just gonna hold off for now
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #824
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,996
Congrats...

Now, get to farkling.....
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #825
TRUBRIT
Gnarly Adventurer

Dirty and Wet in the Florida Everglades

Went into the Everglades early Sunday. We expected to see some water out there, did not expect to see as much as we did. First ever Water crossings for me. 1 st Gear, Sport, no worries. Those Winglets work great to redirect the water away from you. Still got wet but it was a blast. Lost count of how many big pools we went through. Had to turn araound at one point due to time, and do it allo over again
Then there were the Gators. Had to use my Gator Whispering Technique to get this Guy to move!
Attached Images