It's sweet
Attached Images

www.hometownvalues.biz
CPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #422
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Oddometer: 3,709
Got a pic of the mounting brackets for your ammo cans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd
A shot of my ghetto glide. Like a few bikes on this list, the front fender came off for painting, and isn't going back. I've seen a few euro-rats with a high front fender made from an old tire, I might go that route eventually. Rubber doesn't rust.
Mudd

It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then.
Scary Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #423
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenralph
This is the almost finished update for 2007.
Marzocchi?
It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #424
rottenralph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
They are buell trees(Have wideglide GBc but not the look I am after right now) with GBC/ceriani legs. They are cartridge forks with air adjust. It is easier to just fit a buell inverted front to the bike then to go my route. I required finding a lot of hard to find brackets to mount brake and fender. Storz sells a really nice Ceriani setup but they are really pricey. My new front end started at 400 and has been climbing from there. Retail on my front was 2400

rottenralph screwed with this post 03-04-2007 at 10:29 AM
rottenralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #425
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Installed some 13.5" Progressive 440HD rear shocks today. They are 1" over stock and will give me a little more cornering clearance.
I put about 50 in intown miles on it this afternoon and the shocks are worlds better that the stockers.

I had to beat the one of the pipes in about a 1/2" with a hammer to get clearance for the extended length. Oopps...

I've got 2700+ miles of riding coming up in the next week. I should have some good pics after that.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #426
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
LazyBoy DeLux, bought her a month ago. The Cherohala was EMPTY yesterday. Saw 2 Beemers (I waved) and 1 car on the entire crossing!!!!

2007 HD Ultra Classic, Rineharts, Stage 1 Air and HD Race Tuner.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #427
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog
LazyBoy DeLux, bought her a month ago. The Cherohala was EMPTY yesterday. Saw 2 Beemers (I waved) and 1 car on the entire crossing!!!!

2007 HD Ultra Classic, Rineharts, Stage 1 Air and HD Race Tuner.
What do you think of the Rineharts? Loud? Quiet? Happy medium?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #428
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Mc
What do you think of the Rineharts? Loud? Quiet? Happy medium?
VERY throaty, more of a thundery, rumbling loud as opposed to the straight pipe crowd. I like them A LOT, but a touch louder than I wanted. I think some of the extra sound is due to the stroked motor. If you take it easy it is very acceptable, open the throttle and it's got a crisp crack to it.

I will give them a solid 8. Got a good beat and pretty easy to dance to!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #429
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad
Your bike is, to say the least, beautiful. It makes my GL1800 look like the two-wheel Accord it is.

I am quite partial to Sportsters, but the Ultra Classic is (to my eyes) the best looking touring rig available. I am happy with my 'Wing, but had my local HD dealer offered me the same amount in trade (as the Honda dealer) for my '04 Roadking Classic which is a very pretty bike, I would be on an Ultra now instead of the Acura that is missing some wheels. My 'King was even lovelier (to me) than your ride. But beauty is not every thing to a toad such as I...

...Alas, the Classic comes "standard" with ("UGH!!!") bicycle wheels with tubed tyres and flaccid bags that do not lock and are far from weather proof, and, well suffice to say that it had several "features" most people appreciate but I loathe. With that bike I learned my lesson on getting what I want, versus what some one tells me I should want.

Mine was a love/hate relationship with the RK-C, I loved to hate it for what it was not (the bike I should have bought) and I was unable to convince my self to pour money into making it the bike I could enjoy. In truth, I refused to do so (I would have hated the bike all the more had I put even more good money into it) and I lost quite a bit of money when I traded it in, but I gained more than enough happiness in ridding my self of it to even the deal out.

As for pipes, people used to ask me all the time if I had "pipes" on the ToadKing®, to which I would reply "Yes, the ones it came with."

I prefer the quiet of stock pipes, especially on a touring rig. Again, your Ultra is a very beautiful ride, and it's quality and comfort are second to none, including the GL1800. Both are very satisfying motorbikes and if I could own a brace of such rigs, it would be the Ultra and a 'Wing.

If HD puts a 6 to 6.5 gallon tank on their premium tourer in the next couple of years, I may just say good bye to my ToadWing®.

Oh, and if I were that wealthy, I know I would all so own a Sportie Roadster.

The Toad
I rode with a guy that had 7gal fat-bobs on his Heritage. Those tanks were WIDE. When he would park it next to a bike that had the standard 5gal tanks, it made the bike look skinny.

Of course, the 7 gal tanks are aftermarket, which means that the quality could be spotty. Some people with aftermarket tanks never have a problem with the welds, some do.

There might be clearance problems between the batwing fairing and the tanks too...

If I ever do any big-tank thing on my XLH, it's going to be a stock FXR/ Dyna tank, probably get it from fleabay. I like my super-size peanut tank for now though.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 AM   #430
Iron Butt
Knees in the breeze

Oddometer: 7
1995 Electra Glide Classic, I bought it in 2002 with 12,000 miles on the clock. It has some carb work, Super Trap exhaust (quiet until you crack it on especially in a parking garage) and a mild cam. The radio is a piece of crap, but who needs another distraction when there are enough idiot cagers to be entertaining. I've put 32,000 mostly trouble free miles on it, only a clutch replacement and getting a nail in the back tire.
Attached Images

Iron Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #431
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Just a touch north of the New Mexico Texas line last week.

Luckenbach, Texas. Having some beers with Waylon and Willie and the boys last Thursday.

It was a great first trip on the Super Glide. Just shy of 3,000 miles. I'll watching eBay for a low windshield 'cause my neck is fackin' tired.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #432
sfarson OP
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Nice ride Scary MC. Nice pics too.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #433
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Mc
Just a touch north of the New Mexico Texas line last week.

Luckenbach, Texas. Having some beers with Waylon and Willie and the boys last Thursday.

It was a great first trip on the Super Glide. Just shy of 3,000 miles. I'll watching eBay for a low windshield 'cause my neck is fackin' tired.
Very nice pics.

Ditto on the windshield. I feel like a bobblehead sometimes. We're gearing up for a few multi-day trips, maybe a NC-NM-NC trip if we can get the time off. Would love to hear more about your experiences, packing tips, etc.

Gorgeous bike.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #434
Scary Mc
hellgrammite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
Very nice pics.

Ditto on the windshield. I feel like a bobblehead sometimes. We're gearing up for a few multi-day trips, maybe a NC-NM-NC trip if we can get the time off. Would love to hear more about your experiences, packing tips, etc.

Gorgeous bike.

Thanks Farson and Photog. As far as packing is concerned I'd recommend a T-Bag, specifically the one with the heavy rubber bottom. http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=1&SelectedCat=3 You'll need a backrest of some sort for it to mount to.
The T-Bags are great, I think, because you can mount them backwards and have a very comfy full backrest.

My T-Bag is a very early model (almost ten years old I think) that's kinda janky. The newer models are very nice. I'll be upgrading soon.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #435
ckcarr
Desert Dweller

Oddometer: 49
I used to go without a windshield. Until a bad experience in Wyoming by Chugwater with huge dragonflies. I was about crying.

Ended up putting a Memphis Shade with quick release. Its been great, no - wonderful. And I can remove in less than 10 seconds. And put on, all aligned in less than a minute.

I had looked at the Harley versions and never saw one I liked.
ckcarr is offline   Reply With Quote