User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #31
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Oddometer: 224
Honey Sorry to bug,

Ami Called 2day and asked if we could make it to the wedding if it is 9/24 you have parent teacher conference9/22-9/23 Can you miss the 23rd?
It seems like you and Paul are having an amazing time. The most exciting thing I did 2day was sell you motorcyle! YAE!!
bingo43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,106
A closer look at that...

This is what happens when you have time to kill and friends take you to the mall...was wondering why I went until Jeff introduced me to his friends...

pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #33
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo43
The most exciting thing I did 2day was sell you motorcyle! YAE!!
Oh my, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that
Old 07-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #34
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,321
wow

I'll just leave it at that
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo43
The most exciting thing I did 2day was sell you motorcyle! YAE!!
The 23rd will be rough...I don't know. Which motorcycle did you sell? Please tell me you sold the Triumph Sprint and not Jaxton's.

This is from Jeff on Paul's signon...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #36
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
wow

I'll just leave it at that
Wow is right. I'll PM you a side view of the manequin on the left if you need it for research purposes.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #37
Winterfreak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
oil

I'm sure your already doing this, but the choir sings check the oil level daily on the KLR especially since your racking up the miles. Seems to be hungry for black gold. Would hate to hear of another ended trip due to the KLR being parched for oil.

Good luck. I'm looking at purchasing property in Southern Belize, and will be a tourist there in February.

2008 Yamaha WR250R

2010 Husaberg FE450
Winterfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #38
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdedse
The 23rd will be rough...I don't know. Which motorcycle did you sell? Please tell me you sold the Triumph Sprint and not Jaxton's.

This is from Jeff on Paul's signon...
It's the triumph, but he may back out. Jax is going to take the motorcyle class in two weeks with Austin.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #39
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Thanks for the read

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergeek
Excellent!

No better way to start (or finish) an adventure ride than by hanging at Casa Tricepilot for some amazing food and generosity.

I was just thinking that I began my Central American ride on July 5 last year, also on a 2009 KLR. I'll be reading this RR, and wishing you guys all the best.

You are absolutly right. We can't wait to get back. Trice is going to help me with the do-hicky and hopefully we will have some Texas BBQ. I hope you had as great of weather as we have had. The hurricane brought some cool weather and we have been loving it. I'm sure it will get hot and humid when we get over by the coast.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #40
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Never made it to Saltillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturi
Did you take the toll road 57 from Saltillo to SLP?

Those long straight sections ... riding incline due to side wind ...

It does get windy...but the weather was very nice...it rained on us for about 5 minutes. Not to windy...We never even made it into the city of Saltillo. We went around it...(libramiento) The drive out of the area was one of the best yet...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #41
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

were on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfreak
I'm sure your already doing this, but the choir sings check the oil level daily on the KLR especially since your racking up the miles. Seems to be hungry for black gold. Would hate to hear of another ended trip due to the KLR being parched for oil.

Good luck. I'm looking at purchasing property in Southern Belize, and will be a tourist there in February.
We checked the oil today after 1000 miles. Looks good. It was a little low, but still within working order. We will keep on it. Thanks for the reminder. We had some down time here in Leon today with my brother's in-laws and we did some work on the bikes. Just basic checks...tighten bolts.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #42
antonio lopez
n00b

Oddometer: 1
mucha suerte hermanos desde san luis potosi les estoy mandando las mejores vibras
antonio lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #43
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Gracias Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio lopez
mucha suerte hermanos desde san luis potosi les estoy mandando las mejores vibras
Gracias por todo Antonio. Tu pequena ayuda nos mostro que aqui en mexico hay muchisima gente buena que esta dispuesto a ayudar en cualquier momento...

This is the guy that helped us find a cool hotel in San Luis Potosi. he helped us have a great time...thanks Antonio...
Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #44
bingo43 OP
¡Que Viva!

Last night in Leon

Get Ready For the best tacos in the world.

They were pretty good. The quesadillas y agua de jamaica was great as well.

Diana tried to eat my food.

My brother Nathan married her sister. Nice move. At least someone in this family is going to have some cute kids. Just kidding...they are all cute.

Nate´s suegro was trying to get in on my taco action. He went with the torta. Not the greatest move.

This was the 3rd take. Pablo was not happy by then. He went the quesadilla route. Great move.

We got home late and they all left for Guadalajara at 2am because Diana and her mom were flying out to Utah to stay with my brother Nate and his wife Denisse. Can´t wait to see them at the reunion de familia...

It rained all night in Leon and even when we went out to hit the OXXO for some pan dulce. It let up about 9 am and we had the most amazing ride to Guanajuato. Paul got some video of us riding through the tunnels with his GoPro head HD cam. We will try to edit it...but we don´t know if we can here. I´ll try to post some pics and info on Guanajuato, but if you have been...you know it´s amazing. The first time through the tunnels there was no one in front. We were flying.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #45
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Day 4

This RR is going to go back and forth a bit cause both Jeff and I are posting at different times, so here goes...

We started off at around 6 am from Dallas...

Soon after we left Tricepilot´s pad, Jeff had a screw loosen up and the plastics started making noise so a quick roadside repair in San Antonio.

Jeff did a super job navegating around Monterrey and just before Saltillo we found a nice Spanish restaurante and the rain came down just as I parked my bike under the awning. Jeff is inside talking about routes and such...

At a Pemex station on the the way to San Luis Potosí...