Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #1936
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
Super Tenere = S10

Greg.
Greg, for many years Chevrolet built a truck with the name S10. I bought one in 1993 and still have it and folders with that name. Had to use a different folder name for the Super Tenere. Didn't use ST since maybe I would someday buy a Honda ST. Settled for YST. Usually I address my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere with a smile and a accelerated heart rate.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere #027, 2005 KLR, 1993 Chevrolet S10,
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #1937
dab68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity View Post
Greg, for many years Chevrolet built a truck with the name S10. I bought one in 1993 and still have it and folders with that name. Had to use a different folder name for the Super Tenere. Didn't use ST since maybe I would someday buy a Honda ST. Settled for YST. Usually I address my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere with a smile and a accelerated heart rate.

Yep, I thought the same thing when I used to see the S10 and it was a little bit storage talking about a truck here
dab68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #1938
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Flew back to work today, jeez my arms are tired, yesterday I dropped the Arrow catless headers over to Competition and Industrial Coatings to have the inside and out ceramic coated in satin black, I think there maybe a bit of fidgiting getting the slide joints back together, but it will be interesting to see how the radiated heat is this time around. I had the standard header system done when I first picked up the bike but they couldn't coat the inner because of the catylitic converter. I'll keep you informed.

Great to hear our friends from the land of the Star Spangled Banner are getting your S10's, great news.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #1939
Steve in ATL
How ya like me now?

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity View Post
Yeah, I just refer to it as a Super Ten, for the same reason.

"The point of the journey is not to arrive - Anything can Happen!"
Steve in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #1940
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Decal kits are shipping as we read..

Heads up guys..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post16543194

Greg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #1941
Steve in ATL
How ya like me now?

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
For those who have previously missed it, I have for a long time now had a set (two) of VisionX 10w LED spot lights on the front of the WASPmobile.
These are magnificent lights with a very high output and extremely low current draw.

I designed a new three light bracket to be cut and pressed from stainless and, during my last batch of laser cutting windscreen adjusters, I had the guys whip up a new bracket for the mount and had it bent up the same day.

The bracket picks up all four molded lugs on the frame under the headlight and offers vertical adjustment + a few degrees of horizontal aim.

Without having them turned on side by side it's difficult to say how much more light is out put but commonsense dictates it would be in the order of an extra 30%

Anyway, they are bloody great lights that are staggeringly bright and white, and I am quite certain that I dont need any thing more.

These lights are available from Mike at www.motorradgarage.com.au

Greg.
Any chance this bracket is going to show up for sale? If not, would you mind providing a pic / dimensions so I can get to work on one?

Thanks,

Steve

"The point of the journey is not to arrive - Anything can Happen!"
Steve in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #1942
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother View Post
only going to get worse now that the seppos have got their bloody bikes mate..

i vote for a new Wasp thread in vendors with just the bits ur making/selling and let this one carry on with it's downward spiral into "Jo mommaville"
Haha! Hmmmm...'seppos' vs penal colony. We separated against the King's will, but he petty much threw you guys under the bus
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #1943
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother View Post
only going to get worse now that the seppos have got their bloody bikes mate..
Who are you calling a seppo mate? I'm here, and just got me bloody bike, but definitely not a seppo

Greg, better get your goodies done by October, so I can get my nephew to bring me a bunch of stuff when we meet in Bali. Can you give us a clue what's coming up?

I think I'll want the raising links at least - bike handles great, but IS pretty slow steering. Even more so than the Strom I think. At least the front of the S10 doen't keep wanting to tuck on loose stuff, unlike the Strom. As long as the raising links don't make it too much more susceptible to folding the front, I'm in.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #1944
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in ATL View Post
Any chance this bracket is going to show up for sale? If not, would you mind providing a pic / dimensions so I can get to work on one?

Thanks,

Steve
Hi Steve.
I think I do have one left, if not, I can get more cut with the next batch of stainless going through the laser.
Bare in mind that this bracket is only suitable for use with the VisionX or Denali lights, and 3 off at that so it's not a cheep setup.
Bloody good night vision though....

Greg.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #1945
U.P. Rider
U P R

Oddometer: 77
Eh?

Great thread you have going here Greg! I will be getting one as soon as I can afford one, (damn bills/ obligations!) but have been following your (and others) build up/ testing (thanks!) so I can put all the information I gleen to work straight away upon purchase.
I noticed one change with your bike that in post 307 some Ohlin stickers showed up on the forks, did you upgrade? Are the factory forks Ohlins?
Anyways, keep up the great work!

Brian
U.P. Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #1946
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
I couldn't help it, I got bored, I could hear the credit card screaming for attention, so I bought one of those harmoniser thingys, awesome little gadget, I can practise tuning on your bike Wasp, of coarse you'll need to sign, which is full of, and if it all goes, I'll try a bit harder on the new engine.

I am here to help
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #1947
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator View Post
I couldn't help it, I got bored, I could hear the credit card screaming for attention, so I bought one of those harmoniser thingys, awesome little gadget, I can practise tuning on your bike Wasp, of coarse you'll need to sign, which is full of, and if it all goes, I'll try a bit harder on the new engine.

I am here to help
Barge, what's a harmoniser? Is a new-age thingy, like crystal or something you wave over the bike?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #1948
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,848
Thumb Harmonizer...

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post

Barge, what's a harmoniser? Is a new-age thingy, like crystal or something you wave over the bike?

Here ya' go, DC...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625

A Harmonizer is a new tuning tool that is *LIGHT YEARS* above and beyond a TwinMax or similar synching devices. I got one just a few days ago. It's trick.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #1949
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Oddometer: 243
A master list

I'm sure this has been brought up more than once but I can't seem to find it :

Is there a MASTER LIST of all the amazing farkles and accessories that Greg and others have been developing for the S10? Finally recieved my S10 two days ago and trying to find the right stuff that needs to go on this outstanding beast. Guidance would be highly appreciated.
Frank
Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #1950
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,848
Talking List...

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post

I'm sure this has been brought up more than once but I can't seem to find it :

Is there a MASTER LIST of all the amazing farkles and accessories that Greg and others have been developing for the S10? Finally recieved my S10 two days ago and trying to find the right stuff that needs to go on this outstanding beast. Guidance would be highly appreciated.

Frank

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, Frank, but maybe these two links have some of what you're looking for...

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=1326.0

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630631

Hope these help!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote