Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #2101
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,167
Woody, I am one that wish to keep the UBS ABS and TC so yes I would need the magnetic ring. But, I assume I am in the minority as probably fit in the 80/20 road to off road group. I am mainly interested in being able to swap wheels (and tires) for the occasion. I have done some demanding off road and the UBS ABS and TC is superb.

Glad to see you working on this solution, thanks.

P.S. The front disc uses 5 8mm bolts (based on 18nm/13 ft/lbs torque) and the best I could measure the center line is 150mm OD.

llamapacker screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 05:05 AM
llamapacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #2102
Tee Dee Mmm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Wasp, Iím not sure this is the right post to talk about this, if not please tell us and I open a new one in the general forum. Thanks.

Woody, the combination of my bad english and limited technical knowledge makes me difficult to understand your answer but I think you mean a 21Ē wheel disabled the traction control?. If yes, itís a pity. I was very impressed how it works in the S10. I donít like electronics but in this case it really works well even in the dirt.

Graham, the S10 form Francesco Catanese itís great but what a budget!! Only the suspensions must cost a fortune. I like it a lot but itís too radical for me, also I prefer two front discsÖ Pity Yamaha donít built a R version more dirt orientated instead a bunch of stickers like the Worldcrosser. But i also like to fly with big cows: this photo was taken in a motor show near Barcelona last year, whe had a great time: 10 BMW GS with old guys jumping full gas!!

Arhhh now I can understand why the earth is suffering so many earthquakes.
Tee Dee Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #2103
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee Mmm View Post
Arhhh now I can understand why the earth is suffering so many earthquakes.
And replicas!!.. when the GS lands still junping two or three times: boing, boing... it's not the more agile moto in the world but it was fun.
Finally today i sold my GS and ordered the S10. Starting a new era!!
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #2104
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
And replicas!!.. when the GS lands still junping two or three times: boing, boing... it's not the more agile moto in the world but it was fun.
Finally today i sold my GS and ordered the S10. Starting a new era!!
The earthquakes can only get worse....

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #2105
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Pity Yamaha don’t built a R version more dirt orientated instead a bunch of stickers like the Worldcrosser.
The world crosser is just a farkle kit. There is a rumour that YAMAHA is doing something slightly sportier next time around.

But I don't expect it to be around before the New LC GS comes about and it won't be any more powerful than they have to. I think YAMAHA may like to steal a bit of thunder from that one. I have heard that BMW put the new LC back in the shed until all this Honda, Triumph, KAWASAKI, stuff blows over.

YAMAHA are still pissed about the S1000 I think, so the timing will be interesting.

Anyway, I am waiting for Gregs alcohol burning 300HP mods.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #2106
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Disc bolt dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
hi greg and the rest of you,,,

regarding the front wheel,,,it sounds like the need for the Traction monitoring sensor ring is not a big deal to some of you and to others it is..perhaps some feedback is in order....

FYI,,,we originally thought we'd just use the Supelite hubs developed for the HP-2 and GS 1200 seies bikes with a disc adapter kit there's a possibility it won't fly because the bolt circles and number of bolts ktm [6 on 145 versus yamaha 5 on 150mm] may just over-lap each other...

the Superlite I hubs were developed to get the lightest disc/hub package ..converting the disc to a KTM-950 with Galfer wavy/floating rotors turned up the best/lightest combination especially when combined with the Galfer green pads...

if most of you want to save $$$ and re-use your oem discs,,well it would be aesthetically and technically simpler to use the basis of the Superlite I hub and widen it 10 mm and use the yamaha 5 x150mm BC ..

OBTW does anyone know what diameter/pitch of the disc mounting bolts are???,,,i would assume 8mmx1.25 or 6mmx1..

the wheel would similar to this.... a 1.85 double sig Excel we could go narrower ,,my experience is that the 1.85 is better all around

please give me some feedback...
holler ,woody

PS,,hope this doesn't qualify as spam,,if it does i'll delete immediately and move it to vendor section
Hi Woodie..

Sorry for the slow response mate - Been in one of my "lock-down" modes again.
Just checked in and spotted your question here.

Following is a pic of the disc retaining bolts.

As you can see, they are actually a shouldered bolt with the dimensions shown.

Do you need the bolt centre P.C.D or do you have that already.

I will try you by skype tonight..

Later.
Greg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #2107
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,319
hooray,,you are alive!!!!

greg ya had me wondering....
there's only so much silence i can handle

1,,,thanks for the bolt specs,,,the 6 on 146mm BC Superlite/ktm bolt circle is so close to the 5 on 150mm tenere BC....we're laying it out now.

2,,,what's the thought regarding using but one disc with the 21????;;i'm positive i'll be removing circa 2.2Kg/5lbs with my Superlite conversion

3,,,thee's several game plans i have in mind for you tenere riders..from least to more expensive$$$.

FYI,,, i just deleted/cut n pasted all the info into a new thread called :
''ask Woody about your Yamaha XT11200z Super Tenere wheels.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17855261

i just heard my crap detector go off
,,there's such a thin line between me chatting and letting ya know what i can do and what it costs to do it for you...so i'll cut n paste all the other answers that are relevant into the above thread,,hope ya understand my paranoia...don't ever want to go in the dog-house again,,,and besides it's greg's thread....

now it's your turn to tell me in which direction/s to head

woody

PS Greg,,sent ya an e-mail ,,your special wheels are sitting here almost two weeks...they'll provide you extra energy when ya have em in your studio to look at...need address though
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 09:13 PM
woody's wheel works is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #2108
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Hi guys

Iím happy the Spaniard made this post alive again!!
Next week Iím going to have my new S10 and probably I'm going to need your help.

Woody Iím not sure about one disc.
I suppose to fit the 21Ē we must make lot of modifications, so once we put de 21Ē itís going to stay. The S10 itís a heavy bike and can carry lot of stuff. I want to use it also travelling in motorway, so I think I prefer 2, but you are the experts, do you think one is enough? The KTM with 21" as also two.
What about all the electronic stuff? (ABS, TCÖ) I also prefer to keep it if possible.
Iím going to follow your post
Thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #2109
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

modifications necessary for 21''

Quote:
Hi guys

Woody I’m not sure about one disc.
I suppose to fit the 21” we must make lot of modifications, so once we put de 21” it’s going to stay. The S10 it’s a heavy bike and can carry lot of stuff. I want to use it also travelling in motorway, so I think I prefer 2, but you are the experts, do you think one is enough? The KTM with 21" as also two.
What about all the electronic stuff? (ABS, TC…) I also prefer to keep it if possible.
I’m going to follow your post
Thanks
jaumev,,,

i've noticed that most of the dual sport ie 50-50 riders stick with dual discs
wheras a lot of the racers and mostly off road riders just use one disc...BWOE: HP2 uses just one 305mm,,,ktm 950SE also...

on my dirterized 1200GS ,,, i too use the double disc set up,,,,because,,, to get to where i want goof off/play in the dirt,,, i have to ride a lot of slab ,,,now i can can still tool down the road at 160klicks,,,use my brakes hard in twisties etc

greg has been talking of handling a new front fender,,,and i have all the specs to offer a dual ss brake line kit ,,making for a safer more responsive feeling front brake..i'm not a big fan of the X-over brake line system for off-road use....

keep up the commentary
woody

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 03-01-2012 at 08:39 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #2110
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer: 349
Two discs and OEM hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
jaumev,,,
well alot of the racers just use one disc...ala HP2 uses just one 305mm,,,ktm 950SE also BWOE...

on my 1200GS dirterized,,, i too use the double disc set up,,,,and can still tool down the road at 160klicks

greg has been talkin gof handling a new front fender,,,and i have allthe specs to offer a dual ss brake line kit ,,making for a safer more responsive feeling front brake..i'm not a big fan of the X-over brake line system for off-road use....

keep up the commentary
woody
Hi Woody ... If I send you a hub (OEM) could you fit the 21" rim (1.85 or 2.15) with SS spokes? ... the dual ss brake line kit is interesting and would be great if supplied from the brake calipers up to the distribution manifold only ... the upper hoses to the brake/clutch deposits have been modified in length (+ 1 ") by somebody in USA so no work to be done there ... when the kit is ready let me know so I can work on modifying the front fender raising it a couple of inches. Remember I have all plastics duplicated in fiberglass so making a front fender is simple, then I would have a 19 and 21 set for city and offroad use with different tyres. The back setting would only need the braided ss brake line kit.
Cheers,
Roberto
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #2111
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

oem to double sig 21 Excel Superlace conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Hi Woody ... If I send you a hub (OEM) could you fit the 21" rim (1.85 or 2.15) with SS spokes? ... the dual ss brake line kit is interesting and would be great if supplied from the brake calipers up to the distribution manifold only ... the upper hoses to the brake/clutch deposits have been modified in length (+ 1 ") by somebody in USA so no work to be done there ... when the kit is ready let me know so I can work on modifying the front fender raising it a couple of inches. Remember I have all plastics duplicated in fiberglass so making a front fender is simple, then I would have a 19 and 21 set for city and offroad use with different tyres. The back setting would only need the braided ss brake line kit.
Cheers,
Roberto
we can make all of it happen,,,tentatively,, i should have a Super T in my shop shortly for last minute measurements..,,if ya have no designs on the rest of the rim n spokes,,it would help me greatly to have them for show n tell,,,before n after pics etc.

i assume ya want a black rim??
holler
woody

PS all you guys asking about rim conversions,,i posted yesterday ,that unless greg insists i keep answering these questions here,,'mthinks the new thread may be the more appropriate place in the vendor forum:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post17861807
Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #2112
kingkong414
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Does anyone have any info on the high front fender WASP used??? I love the look and I'm interested in one......thnx
kingkong414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #2113
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong414 View Post
Does anyone have any info on the high front fender WASP used??? I love the look and I'm interested in one......thnx
Answered that one over in "beasts" http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...45850&page=746

Greg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #2114
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
Answered that one over in "beasts" http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...45850&page=746

Greg.
Very interesnting high fender, hope you make it...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #2115
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,346
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote