Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #556
stevepsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower
Greg, I got the parts numbers you posted for the decals. I assume those are the black/white ones on the tank and not the ones on the front part under the yellow one, right? The reason I ask is I just noticed on the two USA S10 versions (blue and raven), we don't get any of the black/white decals but just the yellow one or red one (blue and black bike respectively) . There are no parts fiches available yet in the USA for the S10 so can you or anyone direct us red headed step children here in the colonies of a place to order some decals (front and back ones like you have), maybe Europe or wherever?

JDP
I posted this over in another S-10 thread, but I will post it here as well...

I already ordered the tank/fairing checkboard decals from a UK delaer and have them in my posession!
The part#'s are: 23P-28393-00 and 23P-28394-00.
They cost 14 UK Pounds each (around $24).

I bought them from Alford Bros in Folkestone, Kent, UK http://www.alfordbros.co.uk/

I emailed Nigel (from their Ebay site). His email is: nigel (at) alfordbros.co.uk

I also bought the SuperTenere tank pad from them as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-steve
Old 09-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #557
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8rr
Aaaarrrggghhhhh........
Just when you thought that you had the ideal bike set up (lowered seat/standard screen etc.) A quick visit to see Greg (thanks for the brews) and before you know it things are no longer quite the same. The touring screen from calsci was put on in a blink of an eye and sorry Greg you can't have it back haha (just kidding). 300 k trip home with the screen was excellent. 10 degrees and thick fog most of the way, Such is life... With this sceen on I had very little (almost non existent) buffeting in traffic and zero vibration with the helmet. A must have item now........ Throttle lock from motorradgarage is great except it showed that i may have to reposition my bars back and maybe up a bit...... Hmmmm may have to follow Greg into motorradgarage next time hehe. Thanks mate... Just when I thought all my ducks were lined up haha
Good work posting up mate - I knew you would be impressed with the CalSci screen especially for the type and frequency of distance riding you do.
Keep that one on if you like and order one from Mark at CalSci to be sent here. Contact me when you are up to it and we can organize something.

Greg.
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #558
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepsd
I posted this over in another S-10 thread, but I will post it here as well...

I already ordered the tank/fairing checkboard decals from a UK delaer and have them in my posession!
The part#'s are: 23P-28393-00 and 23P-28394-00.
They cost 14 UK Pounds each (around $24).

I bought them from Alford Bros in Folkestone, Kent, UK http://www.alfordbros.co.uk/

I emailed Nigel (from their Ebay site). His email is: nigel (at) alfordbros.co.uk

I also bought the SuperTenere tank pad from them as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-steve
Goodonya Steve.. Gives folks a few different options of where they can get them.

Greg.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #559
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother
I'm liking that new Scout.. hopefully we'll get a 150 here in Oz..
Reports have it that we wont see them until well after Xmas..

Greg.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #560
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Greg, I had sent an email to Mark about the screens. I think you got the medium touring, and sounds like what I should get (6'1" and 33" inseam). I don't want to start any trouble, but he said the shorty was "already cut down" and no vent in it. I had asked about getting one like yours that you had cut even further down and added the vent (thinking he may have that as an option for a shorty). So yeah, that is confusing. I don't want to buy one if I've gotta cut it down or cut a vent as I don't really have the tools or know how (could figure it out I'm sure). It sounds like he disagrees with you and doesn't think the shorty needs anything different unless I'm misreading his email to me.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #561
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Greg, I had sent an email to Mark about the screens. I think you got the medium touring, and sounds like what I should get (6'1" and 33" inseam). I don't want to start any trouble, but he said the shorty was "already cut down" and no vent in it. I had asked about getting one like yours that you had cut even further down and added the vent (thinking he may have that as an option for a shorty). So yeah, that is confusing. I don't want to buy one if I've gotta cut it down or cut a vent as I don't really have the tools or know how (could figure it out I'm sure). It sounds like he disagrees with you and doesn't think the shorty needs anything different unless I'm misreading his email to me.

JDP
The shorty screen that CalSci supplied to me was originally two inch's taller.
As soon as I received the screen and went for a ride I informed Mark that they needed to be cut down to the height I have now and that is how he now manufactures that screen.
What you will receive is the same height as I have now but without the hole cut. In hindsight, and looking at before and after pics, I think I now prefer the look of this screen without the hole and will probably replace it with another one.

Greg.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #562
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp
The shorty screen that CalSci supplied to me was originally two inch's taller.
As soon as I received the screen and went for a ride I informed Mark that they needed to be cut down to the height I have now and that is how he now manufactures that screen.
What you will receive is the same height as I have now but without the hole cut. In hindsight, and looking at before and after pics, I think I now prefer the look of this screen without the hole and will probably replace it with another one.

Greg.
I appreciate the info. I apologize if my confusion about it caused any problems. I may well order a medium touring and maybe a shorty for warmer weather before the bike arrives.

JDP
Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #563
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrParnassus
Without doubt the most interesting & informative forum/thread on the net about this great bike!
Congratulations to WASP for the excellent work - keep it coming!
Just a quick query on where you got those knobs to replace the standard screws on the windscreen?

Cheers!
I got them from RS Components in Australia (paid a premium for them as well).
I think RS are in the States but you should be able to find something similar at a computer component outlet.
They are a Knurled thumb screw with 5mm thread x 16mm to 20mm long.

Search Google images "Knurled thumb screw" and you will find something.

Greg.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #564
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,502
Lookin good Wasp. Since you are extremely familiar with the S10 any idea where to tie down the front end if one was to trailer the stock bike

PS. This only applies to me bringing the bike home from the dealer. I don't normally trailer , honest
Old 09-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #565
Big Toe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
I got them from RS Components in Australia (paid a premium for them as well).
I think RS are in the States but you should be able to find something similar at a computer component outlet.
They are a Knurled thumb screw with 5mm thread x 16mm to 20mm long.

Search Google images "Knurled thumb screw" and you will find something.

Greg.
In the US McMaster Carr is a good source foe ant type of fastener.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#knobs-handl...wheels/=901vbj
Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #566
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw
Lookin good Wasp. Since you are extremely familiar with the S10 any idea where to tie down the front end if one was to trailer the stock bike

PS. This only applies to me bringing the bike home from the dealer. I don't normally trailer , honest
At the front:
Choke around the L/H fork leg above the bottom triple clamp and tie down the R/H side + Choke around the R/H fork leg above the bottom triple clamp and tie down the L/H side. Tie downs cross in front of fork legs with both tie downs secured to the vehicle floor forward of the axle. Make sure the front wheel cant turn either way.

At the rear:
Simply secure from passenger hand rails down to vehicle bed on same side.

Greg.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #567
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,502
Quote:
At the front:
Choke around the L/H fork leg above the bottom triple clamp and tie down the R/H side + Choke around the R/H fork leg above the bottom triple clamp and tie down the L/H side. Tie downs cross in front of fork legs with both tie downs secured to the vehicle floor forward of the axle. Make sure the front wheel cant turn either way.

At the rear:
Simply secure from passenger hand rails down to vehicle bed on same side.

Greg.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #568
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Toe
In the US McMaster Carr is a good source foe ant type of fastener.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#knobs-handl...wheels/=901vbj
Just about on target.
This will get you closer:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#knurled-hea...screws/=901x1y

Greg.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #569
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

"5mm thread x 16mm to 20mm long."

Is that the same as M5? And they come 16mm and 20mm. So should I get the longer or shorter? Don't give me too many choices, it is hard on me blood pressure .

JDP
Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #570
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
"5mm thread x 16mm to 20mm long."

Is that the same as M5? And they come 16mm and 20mm. So should I get the longer or shorter? Don't give me too many choices, it is hard on me blood pressure .

JDP
Yep. M5 is correct...
The ones I have are M5 x 20mm.

Greg.