Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #796
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Cool tank bag. Who makes it, bags connection??? Dayum, that katoom seat looks worse than a 2x4 so I can see why your bro would stand up a lot .

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #797
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
The uphill climb there pulling out of tight corners shows up that snatchiness in the lower rpm points around or just under 2000 rpm. so you really need to keep it on the higher boil a little but it does the job well.

Are you going to make and offer this pipe setup yourself or are you going to just supply them to Mottorad to market?

Sam
That snatchiness is the engine letting you know it's not happy,so keep it happy. I believe big twins like to spin at a reasonable RPM, and the engine transmit that happiness through your arse, handlebars and footpegs, just try to imagine whats going on inside your engine when you try to pull away at very low RPM's, cam chain going ballistic, unsettled crankshaft rotation and this filters back through the gear box to the final drive, backlash I believe it is called.

I really dont power on under 3000-4000 RPM, I'll cruise at 2500, but if I want quick acceleration when the engine load factors are going to be high(3rd gear and above) I'm up in the rev range prior to givin it the message. Thats my take on big twins anyway.

Sam, I believe Greg introduced the zorst can as the MotorradSport cat back.

Bargenator screwed with this post 10-21-2010 at 01:02 AM
Bargenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #798
vmaxaust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
HTML Code:
I really dont power on under 3000-4000 RPM, I'll cruise at 2500, but if I want quick acceleration when the engine load factors are going to be high(3rd gear and above) I'm up in the rev range prior to givin it the message. Thats my take on big twins anyway.

Sam, I believe Greg introduced the zorst can as the MotorradSport cat back.[/quote]

Yes, I believe you are correct. more on the boil is what this bike needs. I'm used to brute torque from just off idle but I'm getting used to the Tenere's needs.

Don't understand what you mean about the exhaust. Is he selling it direct?

Sam
vmaxaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #799
Bargenator
Bargenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxaust
HTML Code:

Sam, I believe Greg introduced the zorst can as the MotorradSport cat back.

Don't understand what you mean about the exhaust. Is he selling it direct?

Sam[/quote]

Greg would be the one to clear this issue up, but I believe it will be sold through Motorrad Garage.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #800
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxaust
More torque and smoother delivery is what it's all about for this bike. The gearing overall is pretty tall so any time more torque is available the ride will be more pleasant.

Are you going to make and offer this pipe setup yourself or are you going to just supply them to Mottorad to market?

Sam
Sorry guys.
Busy day and just back on-line to see this.

The exhaust is a JV between www.motorradgarage.com.au and www.waspworks.com and will be available through both outlets.
Mike will be able to get the product on-line quicker than I can so that would be the place to look first.

I am mindful that this is a member forum with out advertising or company promotion so if there are any further questions they should be taken up through p.m to myself or mike (Allords) or e-mail me at greg@waspworks.com or to Mike at info@motorradgarage.com.au

Sourcing of components and services to manufacture the exhaust will be complete in the next couple of days so a price and availability will be shown on the Motorradgarage website then.

Greg.
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #801
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp

Hey Greg,

the end of the muffler on the new Tiger 800 looks similar to the one on yr S10 - is it possible they are from the same manufacturer?

On a completely different subject, I notice your dyno charts from Wayne Patterson Motorcycles... I remember racing him one time at Bunbury round-the-houses, him on a Guzzi 850 Le Mans, me on a Ducati 900SS. I think he beat me, but I wasn't far behind. He had the home track advantage! No, it wasn't a vintage event... the bikes were current models... so you can figure out how long ago that was!

Trevor

Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #802
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom
Hey Greg,
I notice your dyno charts from Wayne Patterson Motorcycles... I remember racing him one time at Bunbury round-the-houses, him on a Guzzi 850 Le Mans, me on a Ducati 900SS. I think he beat me, but I wasn't far behind. He had the home track advantage! No, it wasn't a vintage event... the bikes were current models... so you can figure out how long ago that was!

Trevor
Well, the long story short is that I am in partnership with Wayne's son Todd.
Todd owns Bunbury Motorcycle Dyno and helped develop the WaspPUK (Power Up Kit) for the Ducati SportClassic/Hyper/Monster/Superbikes, which explains the invaluable and unlimited access I have to a dyno (and one of the best tuners in the state).

Wayne and the family are well... Good people.

I actually have a customers SC1000S here (picking up tomorrow) after fitting a PUK and pipes and a few other bits and pieces.
I have mentioned previously (and think I have posted a pic) of my SC1000S very similar to this one.
After installing the PUK I went for a test ride, and I must say, as small and light and grunty and as much fun as they are, I dont miss the Duc one bit since getting the S10.

The pic doesn't relay what I was seeing very well but the S10 is an imposing bike standing next to my previous ride.... Worlds apart.

Greg.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #803
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,194
I agree, nice looking bike. Really really like what Yamaha (and you :-)) has done here. This bike is calling me. LOL
Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #804
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,474
motec crashbars?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #805
Bargenator
Bargenator

I know this is getting off the subject a tad, but I totally agree with Greg, I unloaded a '08 1098S after I rode the S10 for 2hrs on a demo. While the 1098 was a beautifully crafted piece of engineering, went like shit off a shovel, and disclocated the arms when you jumped on the picks, it was in the end a race bike with a number plate, with ergonomics to match, and while I did enjoy it, I don't miss it.

For sheer comfortable riding enjoyment, great handling, electronic aids that work very well, it is without doubt the best bike I have ridden, ever, a big statement, but that is what bike number 15 is.

For anyone that has not ridden one, especially you blokes in the US of A, it's gunna knock your socks of.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #806
combo
D S N

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator

For anyone that has not ridden one, especially you blokes in the US of A, it's gunna knock your socks of.
I am ready!

I have been practicing going barefoot while reading the owners manual.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #807
R3B
Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator
That snatchiness is the engine letting you know it's not happy,so keep it happy.
Yup twin needs 2000 minimal for loaded happiness and single needs 3000 for loaded happiness because of the negative torque, e.g. the decelleration on compression, as soon as the revs pick up the momentum of the balancer weights of the crank minimise the pulsating, take a heavy tuned SOS racer and it needs even more to just keep ticking over :-)

Quote:
I really dont power on under 3000-4000 RPM, I'll cruise at 2500, but if I want quick acceleration when the engine load factors are going to be high(3rd gear and above) I'm up in the rev range prior to givin it the message.
Oh then you miss the point of this engine, thats why its soooo long in the teeth, it got gobsmacks of thrust in high gear low rev. I persomally think (my bike is now at 11k) it even gets better, and the vibe at 2700 when the real fun kicks in is just the clutch damperspring doing s are a little dance against the transmissiondamper in the cush drive, but aside the Vibe it really pulls into the TC1 at full throttle at low revs until 4th gear ;-)

Saves a lot of gas to ride high gears, and it sounds soooo beautifull if you skip the 2nd and 4th gear, letting it run through the revs and the belch it back to 2000 in 3rd and Play it again S-am.

P.S. Greg have you painted the screen black too, looks goood

Riding tips: . -----www.LazyMotorbike.eu-----
R3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #808
Don in Lodi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3B
P.S. Greg have you painted the screen black too, looks goood
Nope, that's the CalSci sport shield. Nicely done.

Don in Lodi
Don in Lodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #809
Dirt_Dad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Speaking of RPMs, how bad is the break-in period?

The manual says:

01000 km (0600 mi) Avoid prolonged operation above 3900
10001600 km (6001000 mi) Avoid prolonged operation above 4700

On my DL1000 it is almost impossible to ride at 3900 RPM. Really feels like it's lugging the engine. Is it miserable to ride the S10 during the first 600 miles?
2013 Suzuki DR650SE
2008 Yamaha WR250R (for sale)
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #810
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Lodi
Nope, that's the CalSci sport shield. Nicely done.
Don in Lodi
Yep, Calsci tinted shorty. Just a night time shot so no see-through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dad
Speaking of RPMs, how bad is the break-in period?

The manual says:

01000 km (0600 mi) Avoid prolonged operation above 3900
10001600 km (6001000 mi) Avoid prolonged operation above 4700

On my DL1000 it is almost impossible to ride at 3900 RPM. Really feels like it's lugging the engine. Is it miserable to ride the S10 during the first 600 miles?
Boy... Are you in for a surprise then.

Greg.