Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
lstehbens OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
CF Moto 650nk

G'day from sunny Melbourne, Australia.

Have any fellow inmates had a look at this bike from CF Moto, a Chinese manufacturer? I ran across one in Melbourne at a Bennelli dealer as it was out front. Sharp looking bike but didn't have a sit on it.

Linkies
http://www.cfmoto.com.au/650NK.php
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18831464
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/reviews/...to-650nk-30173
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791935

When I get home to Queensland going to try get a test ride on one on a dealer in Cairns, where I live. I'm currently riding my brothers' Honda VTR250 around and having some fun. Want to get something of my own. Have also been looking at SV650s, Ninja 650 etc but yet to have a ride on anything, although did ride a DR650 and that was fun.

Anyhow check it out. What do people think? I'll let you know my thoughts once I test ride the thing. Although all I can compare it against will be my old Xr250 which is long gone, the VTR250 and a ride on a mate's Hyosung cruiser thing (650 I think... or 800 dunno).

Lee

lstehbens screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 05:14 PM Reason: Added URL
lstehbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Lewy
Minus the LC8

Oddometer: 1,963
Australian Motorcycle News did a test on it about a month ago.

They were pretty impressed
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 174
The chinese will make a cheaper, more competitive model for the believers!

Those that don't believe in chinese quality, will pay the extra bucks for a japonese one. As for the others, they'll save a lot of $. For 99% of bikers, these motorcycles will work just fine! I do believe that, if you're a professional riders or push your bike to the max, you'll notice the diference, otherwise I'm sure this bike will be perfect for your every-day commute

The full faired version is good looking! But I guess the engine isn't strong enough to demand more attention
Old 07-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,599
In my experience I have found a Chinese bike similar to a bike with a salvage title, in that they usually ride just fine until it comes time to sell either , and they end up being harder to get rid of.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Just what the world needs, something else made in China.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
lstehbens OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
In my experience I have found a Chinese bike similar to a bike with a salvage title, in that they usually ride just fine until it comes time to sell either , and they end up being harder to get rid of.
Yeah that is true I guess until people think they are on par with other brands. I guess some Aussies are probably finding this out with cars like Kia/Hyunda/Great Wall (another Chinese car maker). But when you can get one of these for less than $7g on road I think (Aussie price) it's hard to ignore even with bad resale.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstehbens View Post
Yeah that is true I guess until people think they are on par with other brands. I guess some Aussies are probably finding this out with cars like Kia/Hyunda/Great Wall (another Chinese car maker). But when you can get one of these for less than $7g on road I think (Aussie price) it's hard to ignore even with bad resale.
Kia and Hyundai are Korean, not Chinese. The quality is quite good, at least judging by my experience. I have had a 2006 Sonata for 5 years now.

as for CFMoto - I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I hope the quality is good enough to make their customers happy. They do look pretty good, at least from the pictures I have seen. If I were in the market for a bike in that size range, I would be buying Japanese. The Chinese bikes will be worthless on the used bike market for a long time.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
desmoface
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Last I heard, the Chinese cars couldn't meet the US safety requirements so they could be imported.

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

Quote:
desmoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,673
The 650TR is a little more compelling, for me.

They will continue to struggle until they can get a decent dealer network and a website that isn't riddled with engrish.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
lstehbens OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
The 650TR is a little more compelling, for me. They will continue to struggle until they can get a decent dealer network and a website that isn't riddled with engrish.
Yeah agree with the Chingrish problem. How much does it cost to pay someone or get someone from within your company with half decent English to type up your product blurb?

I like the 650TR too except for the "wings" next to the headlights/below each hand grip. Just looks a little funny.... rest of bike looks nice and clean, fairly generic but nice. The 650NK in the flesh looks quite good too I must say.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaSport View Post
Just what the world needs, something else made in China.
Well if the world doesn't like it, it probably should stop outsourcing all of their manufacturing to them.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
sargev55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
Kia and Hyundai are Korean, not Chinese. The quality is quite good, at least judging by my experience. I have had a 2006 Sonata for 5 years now.

as for CFMoto - I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I hope the quality is good enough to make their customers happy. They do look pretty good, at least from the pictures I have seen. If I were in the market for a bike in that size range, I would be buying Japanese. The Chinese bikes will be worthless on the used bike market for a long time.

hyundai is kicking ass and chasing down honda and toyota currently. kia, still undecided, but i would say on par with GM as far as sedans go. chinese cars or trucks, no thanks, one of the biggest sellers in china currently is buick, not that it means anything but wtf??!

btw,

i have the misfortune of having to work on all sorts of vehicles.
Bladez Moby-S goped thingy. 35cc of whoop ass!
sargev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #13
gunnabuild1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791935
gunnabuild1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #14
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,673
Quote:
I like the 650TR too except for the "wings" next to the headlights/below each hand grip. Just looks a little funny.... rest of bike looks nice and clean, fairly generic but nice.
Those are the mirrors, and if they did it right, keep a lot of cold air off your hands on the highway - pretty standard on bigger bikes like the FJR, ST11, etc. Thats one of the reasons the bike is a little unusual - a real fairing, factory hard luggage (that could be junk, who knows) on a 650 twin.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #15
dakdakdave
an older,wiser noob!

Oddometer: 381
I don't fight Chinese products,or the Koreans,or the rest. ok some facts,(Australian model codes)
Mazda BT50 and Ford Rangers(clone) are built in Malaysia.
Mitsubishi Triton in Thailand(and has been since 1996)
Mitsubishi Lancer in England
Mitsubishi magna was Australia
Mitsubishi Pajero in Korea.( I have evidence at the Hyundai plant under licence,but very secret squirell)
Hyundai and Kia both build in Sth Korea alone. (in numbers to astound everyone).
Hyundai build all the Right hand drive vehicles for THE GLOBE in two weeks production per year.(they also build on avarage 2500 units of every model PER DAY)....
Hyundai and Kia are seperate companies operated by the same board committee. Kia is the "sporting"wing of Hyundai.
Suzuki and Yamaha have had their small capacity bikes built in China for over a decade.(usually through the Loncin factory)
Kawasaki also produces here but I know not where. Hondas involvement is unknown to me. The upshot of this is the US and Australia(yep were both the same size fellas,check it) couldn't accomodate the population of China should it have to move. The investment and manufacturing base there is immense and cannot be discounted. They can build really good stuff, but they will also build to a price. Importers with no morals can (and do) purchase "custom"spec vehicles (usually cheap and crap) with the view to ship out and make gadzillions. The better product is still available,just not asked for.If you experience is bad with some products from China,don't go blaming the manufacturer.
Subaru in Australia DO NOT warrant Subaru vehicles sold here. The warranty is held by a Scottish company(whom I used to work for) who purchases SHIP LOADS at a time without any warrant from the factory!! Go Figure.
having said all this, dollar for dollar, i'd have a go at one and enjoy the bike for what it is! , but don't bring the product down untill the full story is read please.

dakdakdave screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 03:08 AM Reason: spelling
dakdakdave is offline   Reply With Quote