ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #196
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Thumb Yep.... it works!

Hi erickbzh,
What a great story with a happy ending. I must admit I had to laugh at your trials and tribulations. Very similar to how things work in my life.

It's usually my wife instead of the neighbor who finds the tool for which I've been looking for an hour.

Thanks for the post. I don't think you will have any more puncture problems with this particular tire. The 2/3 of a bottle will certainly protect it until you wear it out.
Ride safe,
Jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by erickbzh View Post
So, about five weeks ago I bought a bottle of tyre guardian. It stayed on the motorcycle stuff, shelve while I was enquiring to different folks about the water in air compressor equipment and while I was buying time. I kept on having flashes of tire puncture at 90 miles/hour on my way to work at night, but still... Till last week, a strange noise came from my back tire, it was pretty rythmic as the wheel was spining. Got off the bike, to find out that a 2.5 inch screw stuck itself on the tire and was hitting the mud guard of my GS. Freaking bummer... if i take it out, i will have a flat, so I screw it even more in, just to make it home. Once there I have no choice but to try tyreGuardian and pray for the best. Now here come the funny part: how to remove the valve? Check in my maintenance book, it say that i need a special tool, go on line, I see nice picture of the tool. I really don't want to go on another ride just to buy a $5.00 tool, try to take the valve of with pliers, hooks, teeth and chainsaw, nothing gets in. Starting to sweat now, out of furstration, go to my neighbourg who is a true mechanic (his cars looks like he is constantly working on them and he has scrary engine parts all over his garage, boo, it gives me the chivers) he search all over the place but cannot find the tool. We come back together at my bike, whoah that's a big screw there, yes i know, but how to take off this valve, I am still trying with the pliers until I hear his voice, Hey here is one, it is in the bag with the Tyreguardian!
Have you ever had a, love and hate relationship with a company? that was me for a minute!
Valve off, 2/3 of the bottle in the tire, covering the area where the screw is, slowly took off the screw, no lost of pressure,, go for a ten minutes ride, fine. I have driven about 1000 miles in the last week and a half and everything is holding well, I only pumped up the tire prior to my initial drive with my bicycle pump and IT WORKS!
At least it saved me from having to go to a tire shop....
Thank you!
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #197
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

To the world wide adventure rider family and to the the great people who are responsible for this site. Thank you and best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

Blessings to all and ride safe!
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #198
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,668
Hi max. I ordered this product on-line on Monday. Order status says it hasn't been fulfilled. How much time does it take to process/mail the product? I'm leaving at 8:00 am on 12-31-10 for a trip to Mexico. Seems odd that it should take a week or more to process an order.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #199
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Hi max. I ordered this product on-line on Monday. Order status says it hasn't been fulfilled. How much time does it take to process/mail the product? I'm leaving at 8:00 am on 12-31-10 for a trip to Mexico. Seems odd that it should take a week or more to process an order.
I will check it out for you. Normally orders are shipped by the next work day.
Please check your pms.
Ride safe,
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #200
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Hi max. I ordered this product on-line on Monday. Order status says it hasn't been fulfilled. How much time does it take to process/mail the product? I'm leaving at 8:00 am on 12-31-10 for a trip to Mexico. Seems odd that it should take a week or more to process an order.
Hi Unaweep,
I'm sure you have received the email from the company by now. Thanks for using Tyreguardian and have a great trip. If the product is not their by the 28th please let me know.
Happy Holidays and Ride safe,
Jim aka Max

PS If you get a chance let us know how your Mexico ride turns out.
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #201
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock View Post
Hi Unaweep,
I'm sure you have received the email from the company by now. Thanks for using Tyreguardian and have a great trip. If the product is not their by the 28th please let me know.
Happy Holidays and Ride safe,
Jim aka Max

PS If you get a chance let us know how your Mexico ride turns out.
I DID get the response- wow- on a Sunday- the day after Christmas!!!

I am thoroughly impressed. I'll post pics when I return. I hope your product works as well as your customer service. Thank you very much Max. I'm sure I'll be a life long customer.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #202
interiorak
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 85
I apoligize for not reading the previous 202 posts is detail. I live just north of Fairbanks Alaska . . . read that winter storage in unheated garage can get -55 F or colder. Should i forget trying TyreGuardian . . . or has any body already tested it after real "cold storage" at sub normal winter tempeatures ?
__________________
There is no path. You make the path as you ride.
71T100R 81R80GS 95R1100GS 10R1200RT 13DR650 14R9T and i still ride them all
interiorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #203
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Thanks for the kind words unaweep. This stuff works.
Have a great trip and I'm looking forward to the pictures.
Ride safe,
Jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
I DID get the response- wow- on a Sunday- the day after Christmas!!!

I am thoroughly impressed. I'll post pics when I return. I hope your product works as well as your customer service. Thank you very much Max. I'm sure I'll be a life long customer.
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #204
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Hi interiorak,
Thanks for the question good to hear from our largest state. I wish I could give you a yes. Sadly Tyreguardian loses it's liquidity at -30 F.

If something changes I'll post it here and shoot you a pm.

I am very curious though how you deal with tires, flats etc. at those temps? It's gotta be challenging. Thanks again.
Ride safe,
Jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by interiorak View Post
I apoligize for not reading the previous 202 posts is detail. I live just north of Fairbanks Alaska . . . read that winter storage in unheated garage can get -55 F or colder. Should i forget trying TyreGuardian . . . or has any body already tested it after real "cold storage" at sub normal winter tempeatures ?
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #205
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Thumb Tyreguardian Contest Winner!

Congratulations to inmate dsavage! He won our picture contest and will receive three one liter bottles of TyreGuardian.

Happy New Year to dsavage and all of the great inmates and mods here at advrider!
Ride safe,
Jim

Inmates!
Remember our "TGADV" code is still good for 10% off your TyreGuardian purchase.
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"



Max Bialystock screwed with this post 12-31-2010 at 10:09 AM Reason: failing memory
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #206
dsavage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 299
Winner

How 'bout that. First time winner and look forward to receiving my prize. I've added a couple of bikes to the stable and now have more tires that need the ultimate flat-tire protection. Thanks.

Dan
dsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #207
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Thumb

Thanks dsavage!
Congratulations and Happy New Year!
Ride safe,
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #208
Numb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 190
hi max, i must say if the product is 1/10'th the customer service you've provided here...i'll be buying this for every tire attached to any vehicle anyone I care about owns!

...now having said that, i'm a little in a fog still about the "cleanliness" of the tire and moisture in the compressor issue. I've only got a small dc compressor that clips to my car battery (Q industries mv50), all this has is a very (VERY) basic air filter for debris and does nothing for moisture ... so based on post #155 it appears that to install this, I need a much higher quality compressor (no garage right now, so no chance I can buy one) that removes moisture

...but then in post #191, it sounds like I may be able to get away with an install anyway? My 2010 f650gs only has 500 miles on it, so the tires 'should' be clean and free of moisture ... and my jeep just got new tires a couple of months ago.

I guess my question is this: to what degree can anyone put this stuff in at home and expect good results ,or does it really require at minimum a compressor capable of filtering moisture + clean tires? Thanks - at worst, I'll take both in to the dealer for install of this product ... just rather avoid the labor charges for such an otherwise simple item
Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #209
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 193
Installing TyreGuardian

Hi Numb,
Thank you for the kind words and giving me the opportunity to address the install question. I probably have been too strident about the chances of moisture and/or debris in the tire. I took a little extra time to answer your question because I wanted to visit with our Tech dept. Below is the answer I received.

This is a quote from our Tech Dept.
"The only potential problem with newer tires is sometimes--and I mean very seldomly--the tires have chalk or a greasiness inside the contact patch area that it doesn't let the Tyreguardian bond to the tire. That's ok if the air is completely dry (like with extra nitrogen) but poor air with too much moisture, coupled with the above, could cause the product to eventually ball-up and cause a vibtration after a few hundred miles. We've seen this happen in about 1-2% of our cases.

If he were to use nitrogen, I doubt he'd ever have a problem--even if he has to purge it with normal air in the future (doesn't have to be all nitrogen). the nitrogen would keep it from drying up, so if it stays liquid it should be fine and actually work faster to plug holes, as long as the tire is rolling.

The best, however, is--if he's going to use normal air--is to have the inside of the tires wiped with a clean, damp cloth, and then remount. Every time I've done this I've yet to see a problem.

Again, in the worst case, we've seen this happen to only about 1-2% of our tires, so it's not like it's a huge gamble to proceed either. I'm just presenting the slightly possible chance of worst-case scenario."


Thanks for the great question Numb and thanks for purchasing TyreGuardian.
Ride safe,
Jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb View Post
hi max, i must say if the product is 1/10'th the customer service you've provided here...i'll be buying this for every tire attached to any vehicle anyone I care about owns!

...now having said that, i'm a little in a fog still about the "cleanliness" of the tire and moisture in the compressor issue. I've only got a small dc compressor that clips to my car battery (Q industries mv50), all this has is a very (VERY) basic air filter for debris and does nothing for moisture ... so based on post #155 it appears that to install this, I need a much higher quality compressor (no garage right now, so no chance I can buy one) that removes moisture

...but then in post #191, it sounds like I may be able to get away with an install anyway? My 2010 f650gs only has 500 miles on it, so the tires 'should' be clean and free of moisture ... and my jeep just got new tires a couple of months ago.

I guess my question is this: to what degree can anyone put this stuff in at home and expect good results ,or does it really require at minimum a compressor capable of filtering moisture + clean tires? Thanks - at worst, I'll take both in to the dealer for install of this product ... just rather avoid the labor charges for such an otherwise simple item
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"


Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #210
fas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fas's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Bay Village, Ohio, USA
Oddometer: 262
Thumb Tyre Guardian

My mountain bike (e-bike) leaked air so bad I had to add air weekly. I put in the TG and since have added no air. It has tubes. For my own fun, I did not add TG in the front tire just to see what happened as they ride along together. It still needs TLC on a bi-weekly basis.

My pal in NJ put it in his Mini and his Ferrari. No vibration hassles. That was a few months ago.

I now have TG in my Porsche and the wife's GT-S Celica. No vibration hassles.
__________________
Riding my own motorcycles since 1971 and still going too fast...hang up and drive!

www.e-bikefun.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robnelson44140
fas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014