Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #241
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Talking Inmate Discount for TyreShield!

Our new website is ready to roll! http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com

The new discount code for TyreShield is "ADVRIDER11" enter this code with your order and receive 10% off every purchase.

It's been a year change for us. First we as the North American license holder merged with the manufacturer of TyreShield in Australia. This led to a name change, (TyreShield is the original name) then a new website and finally but not least being one of the sponsors of oregoncoasts Outta Sight Racing Teams "Mexican 1000" adventure. The guys used TyreShield both in the bike and the chase van with outstanding results! Read all about their preparation and rally in Paul's thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617607

He will be posting his report of the race this weekend I believe. No pressure Paul!

My sincere thanks to oregoncoast and the Outta Sight Racing Team for using TyreShield in this demanding rally (a little bit of understatement there).

From all of us at TyreShield THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Ride Safe!
Max

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #242
homere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Good stuff !! thanks,
homere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #243
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

You are welcome!
Ride safe,
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #244
captsam54
Ready to Ride..!!

Oddometer: 207
Price Jump?

Gone up to $35.95 + shipping... for 2 motorcycle tires??? Was not too bad before.. Now having a second look.. Why the major price increase???
captsam54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #245
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb Price Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsam54 View Post
Gone up to $35.95 + shipping... for 2 motorcycle tires??? Was not too bad before.. Now having a second look.. Why the major price increase???

Hi captsam54,
Sorry for the incorrect price on the website. $30.95 is the correct price and it is now correct on the site. We did have to increase the price by a buck due to the rising cost of materials. We will hold the line there for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for finding the error for us!
Ride safe,
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #246
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,419
Man I was all set and ready to go, but nearly 14$ for shipping put me off....same price to ship the smallest moto bottle as the larger car version?
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #247
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Shipping Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Man I was all set and ready to go, but nearly 14$ for shipping put me off....same price to ship the smallest moto bottle as the larger car version?
Please check your pm. I will look into it.
Ride Safe
Jim errr Max uhhh DOH I'm sooo confused!

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #248
GJGSRider
carver

Oddometer: 68
Tyre shiel didn't work

I was approaching Vernal Utah on my F800GS on Tuesday when I noticed my bike getting squirrely. Pulled over and found a staple in my rear tire. I had Tyre Guardian in the tube, and the single shank of the staple was about 1/16" in diameter. The tire was totally flat. Got out my slime air compressor but it didn't work. I thought I might get the tire guardian to seal if I pumped it back up with the staple removed. Don't know why my pump didn't work. I'll check it out later.
Great guy stopped and brought his trailer back and dropped me off at Beer Harley Davidson / Honda in Vernal. They installed a new tube and off I went. Don't know why the tyre shield didn't work. I used the right amount and followed instructions. I didn't get to see the tube so I don't know much. I think I will put the sealant into the new tube when I get home next week. I still like the idea and the product seems to work for some.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #249
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

"Staples bad. TyreShield good." Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGSRider View Post
I was approaching Vernal Utah on my F800GS on Tuesday when I noticed my bike getting squirrely. Pulled over and found a staple in my rear tire. I had Tyre Guardian in the tube, and the single shank of the staple was about 1/16" in diameter. The tire was totally flat. Got out my slime air compressor but it didn't work. I thought I might get the tire guardian to seal if I pumped it back up with the staple removed. Don't know why my pump didn't work. I'll check it out later.
Great guy stopped and brought his trailer back and dropped me off at Beer Harley Davidson / Honda in Vernal. They installed a new tube and off I went. Don't know why the tyre shield didn't work. I used the right amount and followed instructions. I didn't get to see the tube so I don't know much. I think I will put the sealant into the new tube when I get home next week. I still like the idea and the product seems to work for some.
Hi GJGSRider,
Thanks for the post and I'm sorry for the interruption to your ride. Without seeing the tube I can't give you a definitive answer. So here is my best SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) and remember it's before noon here so I'm only slightly awake!

I think that big staple ripped your tube up. Tubes are fragile and tear easily, this is why we can only guarantee protection for 1/8" diameter punctures for tube type tires (up to 1/4" diameter for tubeless tires).

Thanks for the post and I'm glad you are installing Tyre Shield in your new tube. Remember to use your inmate discount code when you order. "ADVRIDER11" I hope you don't have a next time but I wish you better luck if you do!
Ride safe,
Max

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #250
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Ordered a liter to test on my bikes. Hoping for good results. Thanks for the discount.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #251
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=switchback;16099221]Ordered a liter to test on my bikes. Hoping for good results. Thanks for the discount.[/QUOTE

Thanks switchback!
Dry air and no debris or dirt in the tire and it won't fail you. Let me know how it works out for you and thanks again for trying Tyre Shield.
Ride safe,
Max

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #252
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking Humpin thru the heartland in the heat

Hot enough for ya? Ol' Max hopped on his lead sled and headed to beautiful Omaha, NE last week. The big "O" is truly one of the prettiest places in the country in the summer. We won't talk about winters though.

I lived in Omaha in the 60's and early 70's and have friends from that time who are still crazy enough to hang out with me. I periodically climb aboard whatever I'm riding and head up to remind them why they like me living in Texas.

The trip up was great but coming back I hit the heat wave. Wichita, KS was enjoying 109 degrees Sunday afternoon when I rolled in. Hottest day for them in 30 years.

I was about 70 miles north on the way to Wichita when my upper body and arms started having chills. Hmmmmm not a good sign. I pulled my helmet off, grabbed some ice out of my saddlebag cooler and cooled my head. I started feeling human again in a few minutes and after drinking a lot of water was ready to get back on and get my butt to the air conditioned motel.

I was sooo glad I had that stuff with me along with the water and other things in the saddlebag. Nothing was in the area except miles and miles of miles and miles.

What does me having ice and water in my saddlebag have to do with TyreShield? Easy. Improve your chances when things go wrong. A nail or screw can ruin your day when you are out in the middle of nowhere.
Ride safe,

Prevent Flat Tires

Max Bialystock screwed with this post 07-13-2011 at 05:02 PM Reason: my poor grammar
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #253
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
I am purchasing new tires for my BMW R1200GSA soon... I was thinking about making sure these tires never go flat out in the middle of nowhere...

My original idea was to install a tube into a tubless tire, even though you don't need one, just as a back up. I was originally told that this would create friction and mess up the tire but then I heard that was a myth?? Either way, it seems like a pain. This tire stuff you sell seems interesting and it would probably suit my needs?

I just squeeze in the amount suggested and then go for a quick ride? It dries in 10 minutes or so?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
TommyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #254
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
I am purchasing new tires for my BMW R1200GSA soon... I was thinking about making sure these tires never go flat out in the middle of nowhere...

My original idea was to install a tube into a tubless tire, even though you don't need one, just as a back up. I was originally told that this would create friction and mess up the tire but then I heard that was a myth?? Either way, it seems like a pain. This tire stuff you sell seems interesting and it would probably suit my needs?

I just squeeze in the amount suggested and then go for a quick ride? It dries in 10 minutes or so?

Hi TommyHolly,
Thanks for the question. The procedure below will successfully protect your tires from puncture with TyreShield:
  1. Wipe the inside of the new tire with a slightly damp cloth to remove dust, pellets or other dirt/debris.
    TyreShield maintains liquidity inside the tire and actually soaks into the tire to an extent. Any foreign matter in the tire will create a barrier to this process.

2. Mount the tire and balance it prior to installing TyreShield.
    TyreShield will not affect a balanced tire, this has been tested at speeds in excess of 160mph in the Rolex GrandAm Racing Series.

3. Remove the schrader valve from your valve stem (tool comes with TyreShield) and release the air in the tire. Protect your eyes while doing so.

4. Squeeze in the correct amount for your tire size with the valve stem above the 3 and 9 oclock position. Use the calculator at our site or the suggestions on the side of the bottlehttp://www.TyreShieldUSA.com to determine the correct amount (you'll need your tire size).

5. Replace the Schrader valve in the valve stem.

6. Air the tire up to the correct pressure called for with "DRY" air. Moisture introduced into the tire with the air will result in a failed installation. If your dealer is installing just make sure they have a water filter/dryer on their compressor. If you are using a home compressor drain the holding tank prior to airing the tire up.

7. Ride the bike for 5 to 10 minutes to distribute TyreShield evenly inside the tire.

8. Your tires are now protected for their full service life.

If you are going to be riding in areas where you can have 3 to 4 punctures a day you can increase the amount of TyreShield in the tire up to doubling the amount. TyreShield requires approximately 1/3 to 1/4 the amount in the tire of other products.

Don't forget to use the inmate discount code when you make your purchase at our website. The inmate discount code is "TGADV11". Thanks for the question!
Ride safe,

Prevent Flat Tires

Max Bialystock screwed with this post 07-19-2011 at 08:34 AM Reason: Removal of redundancy, again
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #255
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 568
Question tubed performance?

You never really know how long it takes to rip a tube. Is it fair to say for tubed tires:
1. get the object out before the tube rips & you may have a chance at avoiding a tube replacement.
2. most tube punctures will cause a rip before you notice. Leave the object in if you're holding pressure & continue to the best spot to change the tube (hopefully the end of your ride).
3. the main benefit for tubed tires is avoiding a sudden loss of pressure. I'd rather deal with slow leak at speed.
4. only tubeless tires can benefit from continued riding on a sealed punctured tire.
5. no installation problems have been reported for tubes (water, debris).

At the end of a tires treadlife, try driving 1/4mi on 3 nails to check real world performance. Place 1 nail in the center & opposite the valve, another at 10 o'clock L of center & another at 2 o'clock R of center to estimate cornering angle. This will tell how well you did the installation, how well the product lasts, etc to give some confidence installing in the new tire.

Just ordered 500ml. Tubed installation & expecting to redo in the fall.
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote