ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH
Thanks for the response, but my question... Is the puncture protection for tubeless 1/8" or 1/4"? I think your quote meant to have one size for tubed and the other for tubeless.

Well I have once again made a simple thing unclear. I was told by my English 101 prof. (a very long time ago) it was people like me who ruin the English language...... I have proven him right, again.

Tubeless tires are protected from punctures up to 1/4" diameter

Tube type tires are protected from punctures up to 1/8" diameter.


Thanks for requesting the clarification.
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #17
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Inmate Discount Code for 10% off is "TGADV" & Introductory Discount for 25% off

At risk of creating a LOT of confusion I will try to clarify our current discounts and ordering process. Gulp. It's really easy but give me a rubber mallet and the anvil doesn't have a chance!

1. Current discount to ALL inmates for a 10% savings effective now - "TGADV"
2. Introductory discount code for the first 25 inmates to pm me. They will receive a code for 25% off the retail price - I will send the code out to the first 25 who pm me all at one time. So far I have 14 requests.

Order process
Go to our site http://www.tyreguardian.us use the "calculator" to determine how much you require for your tire sizes. Apply the discount code during the order process (you will see where to put it). Your savings will be figured automatically.

We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.

Thanks,
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #18
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother
 
DirtFarmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 2,421
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock
At risk of creating a LOT of confusion I will try to clarify our current discounts and ordering process. Gulp. It's really easy but give me a rubber mallet and the anvil doesn't have a chance!

1. Current discount to ALL inmates for a 10% savings effective now - "TGADV"
2. Introductory discount code for the first 25 inmates to pm me. They will receive a code for 25% off the retail price - I will send the code out to the first 25 who pm me all at one time. So far I have 14 requests.
3. Now I need to find 11 more little old ladies
Order process
Go to our site http://www.tyreguardian.us use the "calculator" to determine how much you require for your tire sizes. Apply the discount code during the order process (you will see where to put it). Your savings will be figured automatically.

We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.

Thanks,
Jim
.
__________________
Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast. - Rooster Cogburn
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #19
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFarmer
.
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #20
GeoDude
Oblio had a point
 
GeoDude's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sacramento
Oddometer: 58
I'm in. I need some stuff man.

PM'd ya Jim
__________________
"There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will...."

Spell of the Yukon by Robert Service
GeoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
NWBoarder
Whitmeister
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pacific NW
Oddometer: 1,842
Interesting product, and sparks some thought.

1. I have been using the glue/rope style plugs for many years on trucks and tubeless m/c tires, with great success. If I were to get a LARGE hole in a tire, and the Tyre Guard product was not able to plug it. Would the old glue/rope style plug still work? I think tubeless tires on the GS, is an important feature.

2. So when you ride, the product naturally goes to the outermost portion of the tire, away from the side walls. I think this is acceptable for on road, typical puncture situations. In a TUBE situation, say on a dirt bike, you often want to run low pressures, in the 10 to 12 psi range. But the lower you go, the more susceptible you are to pinch flats. If the TyreGuard product goes to the outer most circumference of the tube, will there be any product to plug/stop air from escaping, from a puncture on the side or inner circumference of the tube?

3. Could this, or a similar product be applied to the spoke nipples on the inside of a rim?? In an effort to eliminate the tube? I know this is a loaded question, but you've got me thinking. Seems to me your tire pressure would have to be pretty high to keep the bead seated. Therefore it would not work for dirt bikes. This is where the NueTech TUbliss system comes in. (No need to answer this one, just thinking out loud.)

Thanks!
__________________
Turns out I like the rain, easier to Spin, Skid and Slide.
Log Riding 101
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #22
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Interesting product, and sparks some thought.

1. I have been using the glue/rope style plugs for many years on trucks and tubeless m/c tires, with great success. If I were to get a LARGE hole in a tire, and the Tyre Guard product was not able to plug it. Would the old glue/rope style plug still work? I think tubeless tires on the GS, is an important feature.

2. So when you ride, the product naturally goes to the outermost portion of the tire, away from the side walls. I think this is acceptable for on road, typical puncture situations. In a TUBE situation, say on a dirt bike, you often want to run low pressures, in the 10 to 12 psi range. But the lower you go, the more susceptible you are to pinch flats. If the TyreGuard product goes to the outer most circumference of the tube, will there be any product to plug/stop air from escaping, from a puncture on the side or inner circumference of the tube?

3. Could this, or a similar product be applied to the spoke nipples on the inside of a rim?? In an effort to eliminate the tube? I know this is a loaded question, but you've got me thinking. Seems to me your tire pressure would have to be pretty high to keep the bead seated. Therefore it would not work for dirt bikes. This is where the NueTech TUbliss system comes in. (No need to answer this one, just thinking out loud.)

Thanks!
Hi NWBoarder,
Thanks for the questions. I'll do my best to answer them.
Yes to your first question. You would need to clean the TyreGuardian from the puncture edges so the plug adheres to the tire. Then TyreGuardian will seal around the plug.

In high puncture situations with lowered air pressure for traction, I would increase the amount of TyreGuardian in the tube. We recommend this for high hazard areas where you might get 3 or 4 flats a day, every day.

I looked at the NuTech system. Very cool. I would definitely use TyreGuardian with their system. We would not recommend using TyreGuardian as a way to seal the spoke nipples.
Thanks,
Jim
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDude
I'm in. I need some stuff man.

PM'd ya Jim
Thanks GeoDude!
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #24
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
TyreGuardian in the Bennett Racing Ferrarri

I thought I would post a couple of video's for fun. I love helmet and in car cam videos.

We sponsor Bennett Racing's Ferrari F430GT. Here's a couple of videos and yes TyreGuardian is in the tires. TyreGuardian works at speeds in excess of 170mph.

Short drive by video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3UVFNZ4xdo

Here's a longer video from the in car camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2yhz_STGE

I need five more inmates to pm me for the 25% discount code. Almost there!
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #25
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Laugh 25% discount promotion has been completed

Thanks to everyone for the great welcome we have received. Yes, the 25th inmate sent me a pm a short while ago, so the offer is now officially over.

The inmates will be receiving their discount codes via pm shortly.
Be careful and have fun!
Jim T.
TyreGuardian
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com

Max Bialystock screwed with this post 07-10-2010 at 03:48 PM
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #26
NWBoarder
Whitmeister
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pacific NW
Oddometer: 1,842
Got the code. Thanks
A couple more questions before I order.

1. Can TG be used with tire beads?

2. Is the AutoSUV and cycle the same liquid? If so, the Auto is a much better deal.

3. Would you ever use the Offroad product in a cycle? (I have tubeless on my R1200GS)

Thx
__________________
Turns out I like the rain, easier to Spin, Skid and Slide.
Log Riding 101
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #27
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
Talking Good Questions!

Hi NWBoarder,
Thanks for the questions.
1. I would not recommend using tire beads with TyreGuardian.
2. The product is the same. Like most products the larger containers are usually a better deal.
3. Yes, TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD edition is a heavy duty puncture protection system designed to stop flat tires in a more puncture volatile environment, including construction, agriculture and off-roading.
TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD is a thicker variation of the standard TyreGuardian™ Auto/SUV product designed for larger punctures and higher puncture frequency. Recommended only for tube-less tires with no TPMS sensors.
Great questions!
Jim


Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Got the code. Thanks
A couple more questions before I order.

1. Can TG be used with tire beads?

2. Is the AutoSUV and cycle the same liquid? If so, the Auto is a much better deal.

3. Would you ever use the Offroad product in a cycle? (I have tubeless on my R1200GS)

Thx
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
NWBoarder
Whitmeister
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pacific NW
Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock
Hi NWBoarder,
Thanks for the questions.
1. I would not recommend using tire beads with TyreGuardian.
2. The product is the same. Like most products the larger containers are usually a better deal.
3. Yes, TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD edition is a heavy duty puncture protection system designed to stop flat tires in a more puncture volatile environment, including construction, agriculture and off-roading.
TyreGuardian™ OFF-ROAD is a thicker variation of the standard TyreGuardian™ Auto/SUV product designed for larger punctures and higher puncture frequency. Recommended only for tube-less tires with no TPMS sensors.
Great questions!
Jim
Thanks for the quick replys.

So it sounds like you are saying the OFF-ROAD will work on bikes that are tubeless and no TPS.

The reason I ask, is that we ride dirt roads quite a bit, and would like extra protection.
__________________
Turns out I like the rain, easier to Spin, Skid and Slide.
Log Riding 101
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Max Bialystock's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Close to Foat Wuth
Oddometer: 192
When to use the Off-Road formula

In a word yes.
Both products work great. When I asked about the difference between them I was told if you expect to have 3 or 4 punctures a day, every day, the "off road" formula was a good choice.

Please use the formula you are most comfortable with. I do not believe their is a "wrong" choice keeping in mind the few caveats already stated.
Thanks
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Thanks for the quick replys.

So it sounds like you are saying the OFF-ROAD will work on bikes that are tubeless and no TPS.

The reason I ask, is that we ride dirt roads quite a bit, and would like extra protection.
__________________
Max Bialystock
"Flaunt it Baby! Flaunt it!"

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #30
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 16,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Thanks for the quick replys.

So it sounds like you are saying the OFF-ROAD will work on bikes that are tubeless and no TPS.

The reason I ask, is that we ride dirt roads quite a bit, and would like extra protection.
the hot setup for desert guys these days is http://www.nuetech.com/ plus something like this in the tire. this would be poured into the tire cavity just before the tubliss system is seated.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
, AZ state map pre-order , COBDR info, AZBDR info
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps

eakins screwed with this post 07-12-2010 at 03:43 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014