Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #91
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
" It may be one of the reasons these products request to change the tire immediately after a puncture, whereas we do not. Hope this helps!"

So am I correct to interpret this to mean that after discovering a puncture one can remove the offending long pointy thing and continue on until it is time to replace the tire because of tread wear? What if I get a puncture in a tubed tire that is well sealed by Tire Guardian? Should I replace the tube when I get home?

I purchased two bottles yesterday, can't wait to install.

Oops, one more question. If you carry the product with you in your luggage, could it be used to help a buddy out after he gets a puncture? That is, will it work post puncture in a tubeless or tubed tire that does not have Tire Guardian already installed?
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #92
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli
" It may be one of the reasons these products request to change the tire immediately after a puncture, whereas we do not. Hope this helps!"

So am I correct to interpret this to mean that after discovering a puncture one can remove the offending long pointy thing and continue on until it is time to replace the tire because of tread wear? What if I get a puncture in a tubed tire that is well sealed by Tire Guardian? Should I replace the tube when I get home?

I purchased two bottles yesterday, can't wait to install.

Oops, one more question. If you carry the product with you in your luggage, could it be used to help a buddy out after he gets a puncture? That is, will it work post puncture in a tubeless or tubed tire that does not have Tire Guardian already installed?
Hi andoulli,
Thanks for the great questions! I'm gonna break'em down a little. So here goes.
Quote:
So am I correct to interpret this to mean that after discovering a puncture one can remove the offending long pointy thing and continue on until it is time to replace the tire because of tread wear?
Yes. If you see the long offending point thing when you are inspecting your tire. You won't know you have a long pointy offender unless it is over 1/4" in diameter for tubeless or over 1/8" in diameter for a tube type tire.

One of the great things about TyreGuardian is being able to continue on, pointy thing or not. Wear those tires out!

Quote:
What if I get a puncture in a tubed tire that is well sealed by Tire Guardian? Should I replace the tube when I get home?
If you lose air, your puncture is greater in diameter than 1/8". I would replace the tube under those circumstances.

Quote:
TyreGuardian gives you the most bang for your buck if installed when it's new tire time. Could you use it in a tire or tube that has been repaired? Absolutely, but it is not designed to be an on the road flat repair product.

Great questions andoulli! Thank you for the order too. Please don't hesitate to post or pm me if you have any further questions.
Jim

Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #93
andoulli
CAJUN

Sorry, just to be clear, if you get a tube puncture, it is safe to run that tube for the rest of the tire life, if the tube is not leaking?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #94
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Sorry, just to be clear, if you get a tube puncture, it is safe to run that tube for the rest of the tire life, if the tube is not leaking?
Yes sir.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #95
andoulli
CAJUN

Great, my F650GS single will be getting 80 mls up front and 90 mls out back.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #96
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Great, my F650GS single will be getting 80 mls up front and 90 mls out back.
You will like the easy install. Safe riding andoulli I really enjoyed your questions.
Jim

Old 08-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #97
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,519
Tg

Hey Max,
I just ordered the Auto/Suv size because I have a large stable of mostly orange bikes. I'm assuming the car stuff is compatible with Motos...
Jim
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #98
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex
Hey Max,
I just ordered the Auto/Suv size because I have a large stable of mostly orange bikes. I'm assuming the car stuff is compatible with Motos...
Jim
Yes it is the same product. It will work great in those orange bikes tires.
Thanks for the order!
Jim

Old 08-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #99
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

NEW DISCOUNT in honor of Iron Mountain Racing!

We at TyreGuardian had the distinct pleasure of being one of Iron Mountain Racing sponsors for the AlCan 5000. John and the the team fielded his KTM990 and a Subaru Impreza both using TyreGuardian flat protection.

The team placed 2nd overall for the 2010 ALCan 5000! In honor of their great effort I am extending a 15% discount for TyreGuardian to all inmates who send me a pm requesting the Iron Mountain code. The discount is good until Monday September 6, 2010.

John is going to post a ride report tonight. Check it out and take advantage of our discount. Congratulations to Iron Mountain Racing!

Jim

Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #100
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 689
Tyre Guardian is cheap insurance

Max,

Thanks for all the support. Tyre Guardian is a great company and we are honored to have you guys as part of our team.

While we didn't get any flats this event (we were lucky, there were multiple cars and one motorcycle that did get flats) the Tyre Guardian gave me the confidence to do the entire event on the same set of tires.

Even after getting a pretty significant cut on the rear I knew the Tyre Guardian had me covered so I could ride without having to worry about flats.
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #101
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

15% Discount until Sunday Midnight 9/5/10

Take advantage of this discount before it ends guys. We go back to the normal 10% discount ("TGADV") for inmates after midnight Sunday.

The 15% is to celebrate Iron Mountain Racing's 2nd Team Placement in this years ALCan 5000. John aka ironmtnracing had a great run on his 990. Don't miss his ride report here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615931
Here's the code again for the 15% you don't even have to pm me just take advantage of this great deal. Insert the code while ordering you'll see where.

Code -"IRONMTN2010"

Keep smiling...... make's them wonder what you've been up to!

Old 09-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #102
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 482
"as a matter of fact...I'll take TWO"!!!

the "frrrench teeckler"...... and,..... "the black mamba"!

Thanks for taking care of the asylum! Worked like a charm, got the 15%!

mototifosi screwed with this post 09-03-2010 at 08:41 PM
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #103
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh Ya Gotta love this place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototifosi
the "frrrench teeckler"...... and,..... "the black mamba"!

Thanks for taking care of the asylum!

Definitely for my.....uh Definitely my pleasure!
Jim

Old 09-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #104
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Goin on a little 'venture

My bride/navigator has decreed Max will take a vacation. Ok. Where do you want to go? She says lets ride the Pacific Coast Highway.

We leave in the morning from Ft. Worth. We are in no hurry. it will be a leisurely 3 days to Ventura, CA. We leave the car and trailer in Ventura get on the bike and head north. Yes I trailered. Do I feel womanly? Nah but my poor old butt and back aren't as macho as they were 40 years ago.

The bike is ready, I cleaned her up, tightened things here and there. Wash, wax, rehang saddle bags and tool kit. Tires are good and have TyreGuardian in them etc., etc. I spent 6 hours on the bike and about 20 minutes on my car. One must spend silly amounts of time making ones motorcycle presentable and road worthy... yessireee.

Still have no idea how i'm gonna hang all the crap .... uh stuff the bride wants to bring. My bike is a cruiser and an HD. I know wrong brand of bike and wrong model. In my defense let me say unequivocally if it has two wheels in-line and you can ride it I like it.

I'm not luggin my "puter" so will have spotty access here over the next two weeks. Please go ahead and post questions. One of my compadres in the company is keeping an eye on the thread and will answer any questions for ya'll.
Be safe and keep smiling, makes them wonder what you been up to!
Jim aka Max Bialystock

Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #105
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 482
Bring the thermals...

Max,
you can always take it off if you have it, but can't put it on if you don't!

The coast and Cal in general have been "much" cooler (read fog) this year for some reason. Just a heads up...
Hope I'm wrong...
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote