Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #106
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototifosi
Max,
you can always take it off if you have it, but can't put it on if you don't!

The coast and Cal in general have been "much" cooler (read fog) this year for some reason. Just a heads up...
Hope I'm wrong...
Hey mototifosi, I agree whole heartedly!

Thank you for the heads up sir. I'm pretty sure your gonna be right. Temps look pretty cool. I guess it might be an adventure after all. Fog can and will if it's heavy raise my pucker factor dramatically.
Thanks again and have a safe and fun holiday!
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
http://www.TyreShieldUSA.com
Max Bialystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #107
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Max,
you can always take it off if you have it, but can't put it on if you don't!

The coast and Cal in general have been "much" cooler (read fog) this year for some reason. Just a heads up...
Hope I'm wrong...
You called it correctly mototifosi. I'm sitting in Ventura after a fun, interesting, picturesque, surprising and COLD ride up the PCH. Cold for this old sissy anyway. Oh, expensive too but that's another story.

The bike is on the trailer and my tired old butt is heading back to TX in the early a.m. This visit to CA was a blast and thank you very much for the tip. I was debating the leather and brought it after reading your heads up.
We rode in fog, light rain and temps in the 40's thru 60's. Very cool for us but it didn't put a damper on the fun.
Jim

PS the most surprising thing to me during this trip was when we needed an H-D dealer there is only one left in the S.F area. Several having gone out of business lately. Wow.

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #108
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 493
Wicked No HD!

Max,
Hard times everywhere...even here. When times get tight people tend to examine their purchases a lot closer. Spending upwards of $25k on ancient technology doesn't make sense when you're not as flush as you once were.

What blew me away was the closing of Marin BMW / Aprilia ! After being a staple in Marin for 20 years in a small facility Cary built a new state of the art , candy store showpiece dealership. Less than 2 years (few months ago) later closed shop.

Glad the trip was good. We are very fortunate to have a few curvy roads around here.

Why did you need a dealership?
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #109
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Max,
Hard times everywhere...even here. When times get tight people tend to examine their purchases a lot closer. Spending upwards of $25k on ancient technology doesn't make sense when you're not as flush as you once were.

What blew me away was the closing of Marin BMW / Aprilia ! After being a staple in Marin for 20 years in a small facility Cary built a new state of the art , candy store showpiece dealership. Less than 2 years (few months ago) later closed shop.

Glad the trip was good. We are very fortunate to have a few curvy roads around here.

Why did you need a dealership?
I just got home from the trip. Give me until tomorrow and I will post a couple of pictures along with why I needed a dealership.
Thanks
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #110
PARIAH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Still, no testimonials from the users here of on the road experiences with TG?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #111
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Testimonials! Don't forget about the 10% discount Code for Inmates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH
Still, no testimonials from the users here of on the road experiences with TG?
Hi Pariah,
I will post later this evening or tomorrow a little about my vacation trip to not so sunny California. 4,000 miles on the car and trailer and 1000 on the bike all equipped with TyreGuardian. No flats. I haven't inspected the tires yet for punctures but will before I post about the trip.

If any of the inmates have a testimonial of a puncture sealed with TyreGuardian please let us know! Pariah and Max want to hear about them!
Thanks Pariah,
Jim

10% discount code when ordering for inmates- "TGADV"

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #112
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 493
No Flats!

Performed the interveinal surgery to the hoops on the 530 EXCR yesterday and played at Metcalf OHV Park (rocky) for a few hours at 13lbs pressure...NO Flats! Not sayin much for only 2hrs but the surgery was painless...

If I had one suggestion it would be that the bottle be calibrated better...
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #113
dvgonzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
I am normally a magnet for nails. So much so that it seems if there is a nail two lanes over it will find a way to get in my track so I can pick it up off the slab to save somebody else the trouble.

Since I have put the Tyreguardian in, I have not picked one up, so have no success(?) stories......yet.

Maybe it "repels" nails and other pointy objects?
dvgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #114
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Performed the interveinal surgery to the hoops on the 530 EXCR yesterday and played at Metcalf OHV Park (rocky) for a few hours at 13lbs pressure...NO Flats! Not sayin much for only 2hrs but the surgery was painless...

If I had one suggestion it would be that the bottle be calibrated better...
The stuff works. Sounds like you had a couple of hours of almost more fun than the law allows.

I finally got around to inspecting my tires today after the PCH and guess what? I had a puncture. I'll post a little ride report in the next day or so and include a pic of the assault upon the integrity of the coolant/gas containment of my bikes rear tire.
Jim

PS I know what you mean about the calibration. Bothered me until I realized if I put a little too much in it was no big deal. A little Kentucky windage is OK with TyreGuardian.

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #115
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgonzo
I am normally a magnet for nails. So much so that it seems if there is a nail two lanes over it will find a way to get in my track so I can pick it up off the slab to save somebody else the trouble.

Since I have put the Tyreguardian in, I have not picked one up, so have no success(?) stories......yet.

Maybe it "repels" nails and other pointy objects?
SHHHH. It's supposed to be a SECRET!
Remember if you get a puncture with TyreGuardian installed, you are not supposed to notice it. No air loss. I found a puncture today only because I went looking for it. I confess I had to look close..... the eyes aren't what they used to be.
I'm glad TyreGuardians working for you! Magic formula and all!
Thanks dvgonzo!
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #116
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 469
A couple of questions?

MAX

I have read that you are suppose to remove the tire weight. Why?

If you use TG in a tube type tire, can you re-use the tube when replacing worn out tires?

I'll take my answer on the air.

LaPorte
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #117
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte
MAX

If you use TG in a tube type tire, can you re-use the tube when replacing worn out tires?

LaPorte
Hi LaPorte,
We recommend installation of TyreGuardian after a tire has been balanced.

I am not aware of any recommendation or policy regarding re use of a TyreGuardian protected tube. A fancy way of saying I ain't got a clue! I will check with our Tech guys and post an official answer for you.

Thanks for the questions!
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #118
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Max and the bride boogie up and down the PCH

Hi everyone,
The following is a response to some questions presented earlier and a mini report on a great vacation to California.

One of the neat things about TyreGuardian is you aren't supposed to know it's working. It truly is a fill and forget product. I received a puncture in the rear tire of my bike and didn't know it until we got home. Now I want everyone to be as skeptical as they like due to me selling the stuff, but yes, this stuff really works!. Woo Hoo!!!

The plan was to trailer the bike to California from our home in Ft. Worth for a ride up the Pacific Coast Hwy. The intended route was a roughly 600 mile run on Highway 1 from Ventura up to Ft. Bragg and back to Ventura. We dropped the car and trailer at an accommodating motel in Ventura and rode out the next very cold morning.

We saw some beautiful scenery as everyone told us we would -

Moro Bay at sunset is gorgeous.

We rocked along and were having a great time until we crossed the Golden Gate. 20 miles up Hwy 1 just as we topped the little mountain right before Stinson Beach my antiquated, out dated, old technology, loud piped bike failed me. I went to upshift after negotiating a curve and discovered I was free wheeling. Luckily we were on the down hill side and I coasted to a pull over area. Look for the tail in the pic below. Yep, it's my drive belt. Dang new technology. Chains are easy to fix.

$1000 bucks and a day later we were back on the road. We decided to blow off Ft. Bragg and headed back down 1 to Ventura. We had some great stops on the way. Here my bride is telling me to get my thumb out, take the pic and get her to a warm restaurant

The Rock & Roll Diner outside Pismo Beach.

The bride says Hi!

The white spot is the puncture.

We ran 3000 miles on the car and trailer and 1000 on the bike.

It was a great trip!
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #119
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte
MAX

LaPorte
Hi LaPorte,
I heard from my faithful and annoyingly smart tech dept. today. They discourage re use of a TyreGuardian protected tube and do not recommend it.
Thanks for the great questions.
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires
Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #120
Max Bialystock
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bialystock
Hi LaPorte,
I heard from my faithful and annoyingly smart tech dept. today. They discourage re use of a TyreGuardian protected tube and do not recommend it.
Thanks for the great questions.
Jim
I want to expand a little on the answer I posted for LaPorte above. If the TyreGuardian in the tube is not overexposed to fresh air and dried out it probably can be re used a couple of times. Although we as a company cannot recommend the practice for various reasons.

Thanks again for the question LaPorte. Sometimes all this thinking makes my brain hurt.
Jim

Prevent Flat Tires