User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
ZooberP OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Pulled the trigger on an XCX

First ADV bike, needed something else while still justifying keeping my VFR.

So far, I like it. Does what I need it to do. Just curious about what some of the first things people do to these are. What I'm noticing is the windscreen offers very little wind protection. I think I'll be going with a Madstad, seeing that my friend put one on his Ulysses and he seems to like it.

I also picked up foglights and panniers, that was negotiated into the final price of it.

It's going in for it's 500 miles service pretty soon. My only gripe, and this will be brought up at the dealer, is the cruise control doesn't' seem to want to work all the time. I've double checked the parameters for which it is supposed to engage and still nothing. It also has a nasty habit of cancelling out of the blue. Other times, it's great.

Can't wait to put some tires on it and hit the trails!

Cheers!
ZooberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:37 AM   #2
Shawnspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Congrats. There is a thread 100 pages long about mad screens.

Are you sure you know how cruise works??

4th gear or higher
30 mph or higher
Won't set if speed is not fairly constant
If you are not used to it, you'll twist the throttle shut and cancel it without realizing.
Shawnspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:05 AM   #3
ZooberP OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnspeed View Post
Congrats. There is a thread 100 pages long about mad screens.

Are you sure you know how cruise works??

4th gear or higher
30 mph or higher
Won't set if speed is not fairly constant
If you are not used to it, you'll twist the throttle shut and cancel it without realizing.
Yep. All of the above. Although "fairly constant" is maybe what I'm having trouble with perhaps. I'll pay more attention to it
Old 05-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #4
BKC
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I just picked up a '14 but I sure love the looks of the new ones! Congrats!
BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
Congrats - same situation for me today - new white one in the garage. Had to go get it on my lunch hour so no testing of things yet.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
stellablues
n00b

Oddometer: 2
were you able to get a good deal OTD? I'm not having any luck getting dealers to come down below ~1300 over MSRP... 16000 total with tax, etc.

Trophyhunter, which dealer did you purchase from in SD? maybe send me a PM.

Still trying to decide between that and 10k for a 2014 plus 2500 in suspension mods.

stellablues screwed with this post 05-28-2015 at 08:18 PM
stellablues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #7
ZooberP OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablues View Post
were you able to get a good deal OTD? I'm not having any luck getting dealers to come down below ~1300 over MSRP... 16000 total with tax, etc.

Still trying to decide between that and 10k for a 2014 plus 2500 in suspension mods.
OTD for $16k with panniers and fog lights.
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #8
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablues View Post

Note Zoober is in NE, you're in CA. Sorry about the CA tax (I mean, other than sales tax- you know, the extra you pay just because you live in CA...)

They're selling them pretty much as fast as they come available, pretty much everywhere. I stopped by my dealer yesterday, two of the three they'd just uncrated, not even PDI'd yet, had 'SOLD' on them.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #9
Brokebrute
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
I got mine at Sun and fun motor sports in Iowa city 14,065 otd. Blue 2015 XCX
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #10
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
PM sent. If Southbay doesn't have one, Rocket has a blue one and I think it was $15,400 OTD. Don't know if NCY has one or not but they support our local group, San Diego Adventure Riders which is free to join so mention that or I'll make the trek north and meet you there or at SB. I can't help at Rocket.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #11
ZooberP OP
Adventurer

He threw the destination charge out the window... That was it really. They knew they were going to sell it regardless and I probably bought at a bad time. The panniers and fogs are not cheap however >.<
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #12
NJBill
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I'm going tomorrow to test ride a black one, wish me luck. My FJR just might need a stablemate.
NJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #13
BillUA
Las Vegas, NV

Oddometer: 190
I looked at the 2015 XCX and had strongly considered it until I found a killer deal on my 990..

The XCX is an excellent value.

Have fun gents!
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #14
ARiderX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
I'm glad to see that the XCx is selling really well. Every few days there's someone starting a thread about his new XCx

And deservedly so, it is such a sweet machine. I've mentioned a few times why I like this bike so much, so I won't repeat myself here, but it's great. And as was said above, it is really great value. And if it sells well, it will have great aftermarket, and good support from triumph. Most parts (non engine related) are interchangeable from 2010 till now.

I got a great deal, but it seems like scarcity in US is making these bikes more expensive over there. The popularity means that they'll sell each and every one of them. Can't blame the dealers for not budging on price really, for once they have a seller on their hands. Especially for a brand like triumph (not the sales numbers that jap-bikes command, nor the "sell no matter what" from bmw or ktm)

In europe however I got 7% below MSRP, which for a brand new and popular bike was more than good enough for me. It's worth MSRP with all the goodies you get on the bike.

Cruise works great, so maybe you need to have yours checked out?

As for the windscreen (as it is with almost all of these motorcycles): it is totally and utterly useless. It makes things much worse. (I'm 6'4"). Finding windscreens at my size and for these bikes is like trying to find the holy grail. And I'm not sold on the barn door madstad look. I still have my screen bolted on (B-roading mostly, below 1000 kph it doesn't bother me as much) But next time I know I'll have a lot of highway to do, I'll take it off and leave it off and use the bike as a naked. I've just accepted the fact that motorcycles are built for 5'6" people, and everyone else is just shit out of luck.

Don't forget to post in the bigger threads here. There doesn't seem to be one for the XCx, but I think this is the one where the 2015 bikes are discussed: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...015852&page=82

Keeps all the info centralised...

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your bike!