User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #15091
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Giant Loop Fandango Tank Bag

Does anybody have the Giant Loop Fandango Tank bag? It looks like it might be a good fit for the Tiger's tank with the sloped design. Worth $160?
Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #15092
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
Does anybody have the Giant Loop Fandango Tank bag? It looks like it might be a good fit for the Tiger's tank with the sloped design. Worth $160?
I guess you missed my photos and comments a page back??? I have both the Fandango and the smaller Diablo...well made and fine as basic bags...meaning they don't have 37 compartments, power outlets, espresso machine and toilet paper dispenser...

Cheers
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #15093
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post
I guess you missed my photos and comments a page back??? I have both the Fandango and the smaller Diablo...well made and fine as basic bags...meaning they don't have 37 compartments, power outlets, espresso machine and toilet paper dispenser...

Cheers
Oops, I thought I was keeping up to date, but missed your previous post. Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at the smaller Diablo as I don't like big tank bags.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #15094
briansoren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Oops, I thought I was keeping up to date, but missed your previous post. Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at the smaller Diablo as I don't like big tank bags.
I have the Diablo. See post #15054 for a picture of it. Great bag! Doesn't get in the way when standing on the pegs and keeps the water out when you seam seal(included with the bag).
briansoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #15095
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
I do. Love it. Great fit and very functional. It has held up well too. Not waterproof.
internalcombust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #15096
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Stickers on the frame are to protect it from my boots. I need frame guards bad!
You can get rolls of this on Amazon in various sizes and it works pretty well.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #15097
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post

Cheers
Ermagerd. No toilet paper dispenser??? What is the bloody point then!
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #15098
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,839
Lowering the tiger

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems after lowering the tiger : massive dragging parts, changing the steering, riding two up and such.
I sat on one at Kingsport cycles in Kingsport , Tn and fell in lust. It just needs to be 1-2'' lower for me to be confident at stops. It could be the feeling of a new bike ,but I have had to lower my DL 1000 and KLR 650 also.
Out of the Triumph dealers I have been to these were the most helpful , knew the bikes and had a good selection. If you are in the area drop by and visit.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #15099
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfuzz View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems after lowering the tiger : massive dragging parts, changing the steering, riding two up and such.
I sat on one at Kingsport cycles in Kingsport , Tn and fell in lust. It just needs to be 1-2'' lower for me to be confident at stops. It could be the feeling of a new bike ,but I have had to lower my DL 1000 and KLR 650 also.
Out of the Triumph dealers I have been to these were the most helpful , knew the bikes and had a good selection. If you are in the area drop by and visit.
Thats where I purchased my "XC". Did they have the seat adjusted to the lower setting?

I would not lower the Tiger. The kickstand drags fairly easily already.

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #15100
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
I lowered the rear about 2" with http://www.soupysperformance.com/tiger800.html. and the front 18mm-handles great.
Their adjustable kickstand is necessary or you'll need one from a Roadie. In either case, you'll need to increase the size of the ss foot print. I had a piece welded onto Soupy's (should come that way)
Still handles like a slot car. I don't drag parts as I move my ass off the seat a little if I'm hitting the twisties hard.
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #15101
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,839
Yep checked the seat. I am just a short fat ff . Was really impressed with the people at the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advtenn View Post
Thats where I purchased my "XC". Did they have the seat adjusted to the lower setting?

I would not lower the Tiger. The kickstand drags fairly easily already.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #15102
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,691
Quote:
Yep checked the seat. I am just a short fat ff . Was really impressed with the people at the dealership.
The other thing to consider is setting your sag correctly. The bike should sink by around 1/3 of total suspension travel with you sat on it. That's 65~70mm on the XC. I'm not that tall at 5'10" and 30" inseam but I can flat foot my XC.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #15103
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
You can get rolls of this on Amazon in various sizes and it works pretty well.
I have that on the frame down by the pegs. It works ok, I wore through it pretty quick. I just need plastic frame guards.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #15104
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
The other thing to consider is setting your sag correctly. The bike should sink by around 1/3 of total suspension travel with you sat on it. That's 65~70mm on the XC. I'm not that tall at 5'10" and 30" inseam but I can flat foot my XC.
Really ? Damn I guess I need to play with my sag because I'm the same size as you and I can't flat foot my XC.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #15105
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Really ? Damn I guess I need to play with my sag because I'm the same size as you and I can't flat foot my XC.
I'm 6'0 ft with boots on, 32" inseam (without boots). I can't flat foot my XC. You also have to remember that sometimes you will have more weight with gear, luggage, extra rider... I set mine as stiff as it goes and ride like the wind... During July- September I rode my XC with the rear shock blown out, I still couldn't flat foot.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote