Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #15121
DropinParts
Ducatista

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
The Bags-Connection stuff is really nice, especially, compared to the Triumph offerings. I have four of B-C's bags and am extremely happy with them.
Hey Ducnut,
Thanks for the info. Ordered the Bags Connection Engage tankbag from Tiwsted Throttle today.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #15122
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Hey Ducnut,
Thanks for the info. Ordered the Bags Connection Engage tankbag from Tiwsted Throttle today.
Not to be a party pooper, but you may want to change your order if it hasn't shipped already. I have the Engage Sport bag and it doesn't fit well on the Tiger. It looks to be similar dimensions (Engage is 14.7" long, Sport is 13.5" long), and the Engage Sport is too long to fit right. Either it would hang over the back of the tank strangely, or it would sit too far up close to the handlebars. I was really hoping it would fit on the Tiger better as I've really been pleased with the bag on my other bike, but alas, the hunt is on for a new bag that will fit better. However, I see that the Engage has that "droop" at the back, so maybe it will fit better than the Sport. Just wanted to give a heads up from my experience.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #15123
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Hey Ducnut,
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
Not to be a party pooper, but you may want to change your order if it hasn't shipped already. I have the Engage Sport bag and it doesn't fit well on the Tiger. It looks to be similar dimensions (Engage is 14.7" long, Sport is 13.5" long), and the Engage Sport is too long to fit right. Either it would hang over the back of the tank strangely, or it would sit too far up close to the handlebars. I was really hoping it would fit on the Tiger better as I've really been pleased with the bag on my other bike, but alas, the hunt is on for a new bag that will fit better. However, I see that the Engage has that "droop" at the back, so maybe it will fit better than the Sport. Just wanted to give a heads up from my experience.
Yeah, neither bag is listed for the T800. Twisted is pretty good about making sure stuff fits that is listed on their application pages.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #15124
kion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
I got my tiger for 3 weeks now and so far I love it.

2012-11-11_14-12-09_463

I need a tank bag at least to carry small stuff. I have a Wolfman Denali that I use on my 650gs and I,ve seen someone here using a Wolfman Rainier on his XC, which is the newer version of Denali. Now I need another set of mounting harnesses. I have a trashed Wolfman saddlebag laying around, cut all the straps, buckles and made myself another set of harnesses. The tank bag fits really nice.
2012-11-22_14-57-46_308
2012-11-22_14-59-25_395
2012-11-22_14-59-19_287
2012-11-22_14-59-07_552
2012-11-22_14-58-56_422
2012-11-22_14-58-43_227

Now if I want to fill up, I don't have to take it off the bike, just loosen up the front buckles , pull it back and expose the gas cap. Works great.

2012-11-22_15-52-45_812
kion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #15125
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Some additional bag ideas

I've been using the Giant Loop Fandango and Diablo bags for a while and am happy with them. The Diablo came with the Great Basin when I bought it, but I found it a bit small for my needs and purchased a Fandango later for more flexibility. They both fit the same mounting base, so I put the other base on my RT and use the bags on it, too. The only real difference is their height.

No frills, just a basic bag at a reasonable price. I sealed the seams with the supplied sealant and they've stayed bone dry in a couple of pretty heavy downpours.

To fuel, just unzip the side and base, flip it to the right and you're good to go.

Fandango...

Diablo...

Mounting base...

Unzipped to fuel...

Top View of Fandango...

'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #15126
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Thanks fullmonte!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #15127
Oshiat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I use a Wolfman Explorer Lite on my XC and have been very happy with it. Cut out a thin piece of aluminum plate (1/16") and put it in the map pocket and the bag holds its shape really well.
Oshiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #15128
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
I actually ran into those guys when they were filming it in the Steen Mountains here in Oregon. Really cool dudes. It's in my tide report here. That bike was f'ed up leaking gas

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810955
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #15129
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Alamo View Post
I actually ran into those guys when they were filming it in the Steen Mountains here in Oregon. Really cool dudes. It's in my tide report here. That bike was f'ed up leaking gas

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810955
Did their ICON gear survive without falling apart?
Great RR, btw.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #15130
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Did their ICON gear survive without falling apart?
Great RR, btw.
Haha Of course they might be biased but they said the patrol jacket was awesome.
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #15131
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 288
Plums and Bags... not that bag...

So when I look at all those bags in recent posts... They are at the rear of the tank. When I am riding the bucking Tiger (or trying to turn on a gravel road even lol) I grab that tank with my knees... right on those triangular extensions of the seat.

Unless I'm on a downhill, I'm intimate with my tank bag. Not a problem unless it's really steep -- I get skeered of ledges on hills or a steep bit, even with momentum, and end up throwing my nads into the bag to keep the front wheel down. But hey, the bag, she never complains. I think I saw her smiling a little.

I think the moral of the story for me is, if you want to use a decently sized tank bag, and hit a steep climb, you're gonna be fucking your tank bag. So get an attractive one like my Bags Connection City. A pleasing rosy colour on the inside (aren't they all).

lol.

Signed,
Chris the bag-fucker.
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #15132
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
You aren't completely wrong. 2 trips ago I left a couple charger bits ("cigarette lighter to 1A USB adapter" and the 240V to USB that comes with the phone) at home and went on the Triumph McAdams Gap ride for 2 days.

The wife, she knows I have 2 chargers powered up in the bag (Drift HD cam batteries, and Phone / waterproof camera) at all times. So I cop it for not staying in touch because like a doofus I failed to turn it onto airplane mode to conserve battery. She sees me drop off the grid and not return... but then I only send a Spot check-in and don't call... well that's OBVIOUSLY because I've decided to run off with another woman. My tank bag perhaps.

That's the only disaster except sometimes I end up with 3 or 4 cables lying around in a mess in my tank bag cause I want to charge up this or that extra item...

Being able to do so is still nice, in the bag out of the weather, and my normal Hella-style plug up top is still free for Power Station duty. (the extra powerful charging system of the Tiger is fantabulous, innit?!)

Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #15133
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Tank bag FYI

Something to pay attention to on the tank bags is if they are positioned correctly for you to be able to stand. I come from a dirtbike background and when I stand I tend to lean forward. My tank bag has to set way way forward. All of them I've seen in the last several pages would not be positioned correctly in my opinion. I'm sure body geometry and other variables are involved but I would go for a good ride to make sure its all good...

This is kind of a good pic to explain how I have mine. The front of the bag kisses the handlebars. When I'm in full turn the corners of the bag touch the bars. The little flap that hangs down by the ignition is tucked away right next to the key. I have to move it a little to start the bike.

fbj913 screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 06:50 AM
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #15134
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Hey fbj,
got a random question for you...
would those hand guards be these ones, by any chance?

Did they need any bodging to fit, and do they fit with the standard levers?

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #15135
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmills View Post
Hey fbj,
got a random question for you...
would those hand guards be these ones, by any chance?

Did they need any bodging to fit, and do they fit with the standard levers?

Thanks.
Yep those are them. I also have the extra spoiler added for a little more wind protection.
Link for spoiler- http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/AC...SPOILERS-BLACK

No the install is simple. All original equipment can stay. I used the stock threaded bar ends and reused the bolts that came with it.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote