ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #15346
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
That's the same guy that challenged me to a drag race with his wife as pillion on here a few months back.
Dilusional doesn't begin to describe that guy.
Well, who won
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #15347
Ronin1
Hoonigan
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
That's the same guy that challenged me to a drag race with his wife as pillion on here a few months back.
Dilusional doesn't begin to describe that guy.
Is his wife huge?

Jim
Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #15348
BryanCO
CO Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 473
New owner...

Wow, read through the entire 1024 pages while on our family vacation -- got to get my bike fix... Seems like I was sitting around the campfire listening in to various Tiger conversations... Thanks to everyone for the great information!

I bought an orange 2012 XC late last month (pic in the pic thread). Not sure what I'm going to do with my 2006 Multi 1000S that I've owned since new...
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #15349
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Perhaps they've had more problems to discuss.
They have actually less problems. The Tiger had no real issues, just some niggling annoying things like the stepper motor getting dirty or the bad maps in the beginning. That's mostly it. Some single instance issues but nothing in a bigger scope. The Tenere had pretty much no issue at all.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #15350
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
Just making a random post due to the fact that the Super Tenere thread is about 20 posts ahead of us
You really sniff around over there? We just post more out of boredom. Nothing to adjust or
mess with leaves us too much post time.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #15351
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
You really sniff around over there? We just post more out of boredom. Nothing to adjust or
mess with leaves us too much post time.
And too much snow to ride?

Hopefully my bike will be fixed within the next two weeks and I might even be able to ride again ... damn wrist needs to heal faster ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #15352
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer
 
KildareMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: County Kildare, Ireland
Oddometer: 647
Just read the last two pages there and not a mention on the Yamaha, just lots of bitchin about other bikes and weather. At least here we talk about THE bike.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #15353
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
And too much snow to ride?

Hopefully my bike will be fixed within the next two weeks and I might even be able to ride again ... damn wrist needs to heal faster ...
No shit. This last storm made it so even a Triumph 800 would have traction issues.




I have a great wrist/elbow exercise for you. Something tells me you may already
know and use it.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #15354
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Just read the last two pages there and not a mention on the Yamaha, just lots of bitchin about other bikes and weather. At least here we talk about THE bike.
Opps, didn't mean to turn this into a similar thread. Just that there isn't much to
talk about on the Tenere side. Same stuff different day.

"You go riding? Yeah. What mileage did you get? Okay."
"How far can you go on reserve?"

You know, important things like that.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #15355
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
They have actually less problems. The Tiger had no real issues, just some niggling annoying things like the stepper motor getting dirty or the bad maps in the beginning. That's mostly it. Some single instance issues but nothing in a bigger scope. The Tenere had pretty much no issue at all.
Well broken spokes isn't exactly an isolated issue on the Tenere.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #15356
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Well broken spokes isn't exactly an isolated issue on the Tenere.
Never heard of an actual broken spoke. Due to the nipples being in the hub
they can back out if not checked the first miles. Several have backed out.
I lost one myself. I've also bent the rims. Don't forget the sumps that all
but come with a hole in them.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #15357
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 5,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
No shit. This last storm made it so even a Triumph 800 would have traction issues.

On this recent New years eve ride, there were a couple of moments when I was jealous of Mr Twisty's Tenere traction control. Never thought I would want nanny control on a bike until that ride. We got into some nasty slud (slushy mud) on that day.
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #15358
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,858
Great weather here (for you I even switched it to Fahrenheit):



Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I have a great wrist/elbow exercise for you. Something tells me you may already know and use it.
Hmpf. I'm not certain I want to know ... broken wrist and all.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #15359
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Great weather here (for you I even switched it to Fahrenheit):





Hmpf. I'm not certain I want to know ... broken wrist and all.



pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #15360
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post

On this recent New years eve ride, there were a couple of moments when I was jealous of Mr Twisty's Tenere traction control. Never thought I would want nanny control on a bike until that ride. We got into some nasty slud (slushy mud) on that day.
If the weather ever breaks I'm going to try one of those Triumphs.
All I keep hearing is how fun that triple is. The FZ may just have to
move over. Until then just have to grin an bear it.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014