ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #16051
Seve
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: The GTA Ontario
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcg View Post
Very nice.



Love that blue..

JM.
Ditto

That is a great looking bike !
Seve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #16052
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
Looking to get away from my garbage swap meet special helmet and deciding on which one i like the best. Tried the Neotech and liked it but not sure how it would be off road (20% off road) and the mod front. Buddy keeps telling me full face is the only way to go as all the new tech and better venting are with those. I am partial to the Arai G4 Dual Sport as i like the visor and it looks to have good venting or even the G3.
So i'm asking What are the Tiger riders running and why? I know this is a nnob question but real world experience from others is better than any test and even if i like it, might still be not good in other ways.
XD4 all day every day. long highway trips I take the visor off and it's smooth and breathes great. i don't fiddle with tented visors. i just bring along goggles.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #16053
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
Looking to get away from my garbage swap meet special helmet and deciding on which one i like the best. Tried the Neotech and liked it but not sure how it would be off road (20% off road) and the mod front. Buddy keeps telling me full face is the only way to go as all the new tech and better venting are with those. I am partial to the Arai G4 Dual Sport as i like the visor and it looks to have good venting or even the G3.
So i'm asking What are the Tiger riders running and why? I know this is a nnob question but real world experience from others is better than any test and even if i like it, might still be not good in other ways.
Shoei Neotec for me.

I don't like having a visor at higher road speeds. The Neo works well in the dirt or on the street. It vents really well and is comfortable. The only downsides are it is a very physically large and heavy helmet.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #16054
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
I just ordered the seat from proitalia it was on back order for 2 weeks and is now getting into production. Triumph went with some new 3d gel material since the old style got very hot from sitting in the sun. It lowers the height by 20mm (24mm=1") so it should be a good (necessary) upgrade for my lower stature.

I look forward to some photos and a review.




__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #16055
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Steve View Post
dont post much but changed my Speed for a Tiger Road..great bike




Did they have the upper mud guard "beak" in stock for your roadie. I tried to get one here in the US and the dealer could not even find it for the new blue 13 model.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #16056
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Meadowlands, NJ (just east of the USA)
Oddometer: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Did they have the upper mud guard "beak" in stock for your roadie. I tried to get one here in the US and the dealer could not even find it for the new blue 13 model.
I'm picking up my '13 Sapphire Blue Roadie this Saturday (hopefully). The dealer is installing some factory farkles for me as I type this, which was to include the beak (they said 'everything' was in...), so the blue beaks are available in the US.
__________________
-Lee
NE ADV Event Calendar (Request Additions here.)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800
2008 Suzuki SV650n (Sold... I miss that bike...)
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #16057
The Toad
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,157
Center stand opinions...

New (too me) Tiger is home and resting in the garage.. im looking for a center stand and thinking I read something about recall's on the center stand???

Do I stay away from the OEM?


Also, why is the rear seat grey (light black at least) and not the same color/material as the front portion???


thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #16058
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
New (too me) Tiger is home and resting in the garage.. im looking for a center stand and thinking I read something about recall's on the center stand???

Do I stay away from the OEM?


Also, why is the rear seat grey (light black at least) and not the same color/material as the front portion???


thanks,
-Brian
No problem with the OEM. I think they made the changes to it around a year ago now. I purchased one and installed it myself. Works great.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #16059
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
I'm picking up my '13 Sapphire Blue Roadie this Saturday (hopefully). The dealer is installing some factory farkles for me as I type this, which was to include the beak (they said 'everything' was in...), so the blue beaks are available in the US.
It has been a few months so I will check back with my dealer. Sounds like it is available now.

Thanks.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #16060
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel
 
XCRider803's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte area
Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
New (too me) Tiger is home and resting in the garage.. im looking for a center stand and thinking I read something about recall's on the center stand???

Do I stay away from the OEM?


Also, why is the rear seat grey (light black at least) and not the same color/material as the front portion???


thanks,
-Brian
"light black"

They're all like that, funky. Maybe they got a deal on material or something.

OEM center stand works great for me, haven't heard anyone complain since the design change.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #16061
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
New (too me) Tiger is home and resting in the garage.. im looking for a center stand and thinking I read something about recall's on the center stand???

Do I stay away from the OEM?


Also, why is the rear seat grey (light black at least) and not the same color/material as the front portion???


thanks,
-Brian
triumph center stand is fine.

because that's how they are made from the factory.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #16062
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,567
Maybe the pass seat color is supposed to help hide boot scuff marks. Mine is scratched to hell from my boots. I agree that it looks off.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #16063
HelmetHead Cycle
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: NE Georgia
Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Maybe the pass seat color is supposed to help hide boot scuff marks. Mine is scratched to hell from my boots. I agree that it looks off.
If you first put your left foot on the peg and get on like a horse - and get off the same way, you won't be hitting your rear seat with your boot.
HelmetHead Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #16064
Photo Boy
Adventurer
 
Photo Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Oddometer: 75
The stock passenger seat is a perfect match for the Triumph Gel seat.
Photo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #16065
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel
 
XCRider803's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte area
Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Maybe the pass seat color is supposed to help hide boot scuff marks. Mine is scratched to hell from my boots. I agree that it looks off.
Me too. Either it's the tallest bike I've ever had or I'm getting older.... or both.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015