Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #16126
Photo Boy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
The stock passenger seat is a perfect match for the Triumph Gel seat.
Photo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #16127
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Maybe the pass seat color is supposed to help hide boot scuff marks. Mine is scratched to hell from my boots. I agree that it looks off.
Me too. Either it's the tallest bike I've ever had or I'm getting older.... or both.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #16128
Syphoon
Syphoon

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmetHead Cycle View Post
If you first put your left foot on the peg and get on like a horse - and get off the same way, you won't be hitting your rear seat with your boot.
You might try lifting your foot straight up and directly across the seat, instead of swinging over the entire seat. Before you say you leg doesn't go that high, I'm 62(making me an official Geezer) and it works for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #16129
Hulley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
i put on the Altrider crash bars on the T800XC. The install was a bit of a pain, but with a 12" 3/8 extension it made the job much easier than sliding your hands infront of the radiator and twisting your wrist sideways and grabbing the nut(s) with the fingers. I ordered the SW Motech ones before and they were heavy and with the possibility of vibrations i sent them back. The tourtech engine guard was not bad but only covered the lower portion. Ordered the upper fairing guard and sent that back after doing a hold up to the bike and decide yes/no. the Alt rider Crash Guard should help out with damage to the side of the radiator. Center stand would be nice.

I just put on some Metzler Tourance tires (non exp) and i really like them compared to the BattleWanks. Subtle difference, but after 7,000 miles on the BW the Tourances feel 20% better over the OEM tires.
Thanks DD, Looks like I'll get the center stand and probably the bash plate from Triumph and pick up the crash bars else where. The Altrider bars look pretty nice although I'd probably paint them black to match the frame.
Hulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #16130
59Steve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Did they have the upper mud guard "beak" in stock for your roadie. I tried to get one here in the US and the dealer could not even find it for the new blue 13 model.
When I bought the bike they said they had most of the extras in stock and any other parts would be ordered in time for when I collected it a week later.The only thing that did not come in was the bash plate which they fitted at 1st service.
All extras were fitted FOC
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #16131
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
I'm picking up my '13 Sapphire Blue Roadie this Saturday (hopefully). The dealer is installing some factory farkles for me as I type this, which was to include the beak (they said 'everything' was in...), so the blue beaks are available in the US.
I checked with my dealer yesterday. They said that Triumph still doesn't list the beak for the Sapphire Blue but it should be available by the end of the month. It will be interesting to see if yours comes in.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #16132
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
I checked with my dealer yesterday. They said that Triumph still doesn't list the beak for the Sapphire Blue but it should be available by the end of the month. It will be interesting to see if yours comes in.
Maybe, 59Steve or lmychajluk could look at their invoices and find the part number, for you.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #16133
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Maybe, 59Steve or lmychajluk could look at their invoices and find the part number, for you.
Part number is A9708212 - ##

The ## being the colour code. Looks nearly as nice as Venom Yellow. Certainly better than the white or Black.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #16134
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Part number is A9708212 - ##

The ## being the colour code. Looks nearly as nice as Venom Yellow. Certainly better than the white or Black.
Thanks. I think they have the part number it was the color code that they do not have listed yet. Hopefully they get it sorted out. Triumph told them they would by the end of the month. No biggie though it's not a must need item for me. I just think it looks better with the beak especially after the pics that were just posted of the blue one.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #16135
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
-JM is the color code on my invoice, just FYI...

On a related item, I did notice that when you build a bike on Triumph's site and add the beak for the Saphire Blue, the white beak is added to the parts list. So maybe there's something screwed up in Triumph's Parts DB that takes a bit of finagling to get around?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #16136
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,101
FWIW, I checked my valves over the weekend with my Tiger just short of 14k miles. All seem to be in in spec. For anyone planning on doing this I would recommend getting some feeler gauges that are narrow (so easy to bend) and maybe another set that have the 45 degree bend in them. Overall it's a pretty easy job but it would be nice if there was a little more clearance between the head and the valves so that the gauges would fit in cleaner to allow for more precise measuring.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #16137
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
-JM is the color code on my invoice, just FYI...

On a related item, I did notice that when you build a bike on Triumph's site and add the beak for the Saphire Blue, the white beak is added to the parts list. So maybe there's something screwed up in Triumph's Parts DB that takes a bit of finagling to get around?
Bizarre. Works fine for the UK.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #16138
The Toad
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Givi Sidecase Racks

Looking at some aftermarket stuff and I have a few questions:

1. Are the Givi sidecase racks spaced evenly across the rear of the bike.... or in other words... Does the exhaust side stick out farther than the other side... anyone have pics of from the rear with the Givi racks????

2. I also want to add some crash bars and looking at the different options it appears that none actually protect the plastic upper cowls???

On a side note, I may actually get to take my new to me Tiger out this weekend..... work flow and weather seem to be pointing in that direction

thanks again
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #16139
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Looking at some aftermarket stuff and I have a few questions:

1. Are the Givi sidecase racks spaced evenly across the rear of the bike.... or in other words... Does the exhaust side stick out farther than the other side... anyone have pics of from the rear with the Givi racks????

2. I also want to add some crash bars and looking at the different options it appears that none actually protect the plastic upper cowls???
1.) Elan has them.

2.) Happy Trails offer the crash bars. Tyson has thoroughly tested them.

ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #16140
The Toad
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Thanks for the reply and info.

I like the idea of the HT crash bars.... not sure I dont think they look a little.... "odd" from the front view??? I found that HB makes a seperate high bar that would serve the same purpose and appears to blend in with the bike a little better... just an opinion (you'd think i'd have learned to keep those too myself )

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote