User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #16141
gusutavot800
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Drilling Exhaust

I think it has been discussed before but can't seem to find the post. I'm buying a Leo Vince exhaust for my bike, but before I do so I was thinking about drilling the pipe/baffle out of the stock one just to see what it does. Has anyone already done it, if so, what difference does it make, and does it get rid of the popping during decel? If no one has done it then let me know and I'll take a short video.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #16142
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
I think it has been discussed before but can't seem to find the post. I'm buying a Leo Vince exhaust for my bike, but before I do so I was thinking about drilling the pipe/baffle out of the stock one just to see what it does. Has anyone already done it, if so, what difference does it make, and does it get rid of the popping during decel? If no one has done it then let me know and I'll take a short video.

Thanks
Admins- pls forgive cross-thread; the discussion was here: http://www.triumphrat.net/showthread...emoval....HELP
2013 Nutmeg 400
2014 Nutmeg 400
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #16143
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 82
Bonneville transfer

so looks like windscreen is a do immediate fix? Any others? Looking at a Sapphire roadie sitting at my dealer...stalked here and there but can't find which side cases hold a full face on both sides?

Thanks folks
2013 Nutmeg 400
2014 Nutmeg 400
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #16144
gusutavot800
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKrivit View Post
Admins- pls forgive cross-thread; the discussion was here: http://www.triumphrat.net/showthread...emoval....HELP

Thank you for the link, however it seems that they are talking about taking out the baffle on a Leo Vince exhaust and and talking about the stock exhaust.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #16145
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKrivit View Post
....................hold a full face on both sides?

Thanks folks
that is going to be a problem. The exhaust takes up a lot of room. and any bag on that side wide enough to hold a helmet is going to stick WAAAY out.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #16146
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,274
Hm.
Much safer option. Use plastic bag if it rains.

bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #16147
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
Hm.

...until it rains
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #16148
TxLoneRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
I really don't like leaving my helmet out in the open. If I am concerned enough about its safety to lock it up. It needs to be in a case. Which is one of the reasons why I ponied up for the Triumph hard luggage.

Had the dual Givi on my KLR, which worked well, of course only ever needed to store a single helmet. The left case was large enough for the helmet, and the right my jacket. I did the asymmetrical thing on the KLR. With the SW-motec rack, it worked out almost perfectly, the out edges of the Givi bags where almosts an identacle from the centre of the bike.

Quote:
Hm.

TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #16149
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,481
So you just have the bags on your bike to store your helmet and jacket? I've always got stuff in my bags.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #16150
The Toad
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:

Thanks
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #16151
TxLoneRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
So you just have the bags on your bike to store your helmet and jacket? I've always got stuff in my bags.
It all depends on what I am doing, if I am heading to the gym, my gym bag comes out, and the helmet goes in.

At the mall, don't usually have stuff in the bag until I get out of the mall

When I tour, yeah the bags are full. If I leave the bike, and the area is safe I leave the helmet on the inner part of the handle bars, over the GPS. Otherwise I take my helmet with me.

On my trip this summer, I might actually make a 3-4' long 1/4" coated air-craft cable for my helmet and jacket when I head off to take pictures and such.

hmmmmm
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #16152
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,274
Usually piercing exhaust resulting in horrible sound in high rpms.
Popping on deccel = fuelling + exhaust volume. Piercing most likely will result on random and messy sound.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #16153
gusutavot800
Adventurer

Quote:
Usually piercing exhaust resulting in horrible sound in high rpms.
Popping on deccel = fuelling + exhaust volume. Piercing most likely will result on random and messy sound.
Usually on any bike or on the Tiger? Have seen other bikes with a pierced exhaust and imho in sounds nice. I can't find anyone who has done it to the T800, so it's hard to tell what the end result might be. I guess I'll do it and we will all find out.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #16154
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 833
Quote:

Thanks
Popping on decel is unburnt gas burning in your exhaust. I would normally attribute that to a PAIR system but I think it's only required on liter bikes and above. I don't see any kind of secondary air system on the Tiger.

If you're going to buy a Leo Vince exhaust better act fast, a little birdie told me the prices are going up *soon*, like possibly this week or next. There is a great deal in the vendors area going on now, jump on it.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #16155
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,481
Quote:
Usually on any bike or on the Tiger? Have seen other bikes with a pierced exhaust and imho in sounds nice. I can't find anyone who has done it to the T800, so it's hard to tell what the end result might be. I guess I'll do it and we will all find out.
I'd have to agree with bluesman, I've never heard a drilled exhaust that sounded good. But if you like it, it's your bike, go for it and enjoy.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote