ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #16156
gusutavot800
Adventurer
 
gusutavot800's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 29
For those who didn't know Two Brothers just release a muffler for the T800 here is a link and dyne video from them....

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...ger-SO-13.html

I might pass of the Leo Vince and save some more $$$ and get this instead
__________________
"live everyday as if it was your last, one day you will be right"
gusutavot800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #16157
DennyMyBoy
Hoping for a Tiger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 34
Any suggestions on a good Tiger 800 forum? I love this one, but curious about finding a forum specifically focused on this model.

There's one I found that seems to mostly draw from Great Britain. Being from the US, I'm more interested in one that draws from the US. Thanks.
DennyMyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #16158
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Meadowlands, NJ (just east of the USA)
Oddometer: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by invicta1 View Post
So my little disposable plugs rather suck. Do you have a suggestion for something that works?
Try Surefire Earpros.


Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
-Lee
NE ADV Event Calendar (Request Additions here.)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800
2008 Suzuki SV650n (Sold... I miss that bike...)
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #16159
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson, AZ, It's a dry hate.
Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
For those who didn't know Two Brothers just release a muffler for the T800 here is a link and dyne video from them....

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...ger-SO-13.html

I might pass of the Leo Vince and save some more $$$ and get this instead
There is a vendor in the vendor section selling LV for much cheaper than those prices. Sale thru March. Even regular prices on LV is cheaper than that.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #16160
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
For those who didn't know Two Brothers just release a muffler for the T800 here is a link and dyne video from them....

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...ger-SO-13.html

I might pass of the Leo Vince and save some more $$$ and get this instead
I'll take it.
Now that I know I can fit my HT racks on with it.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #16161
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyMyBoy View Post
Any suggestions on a good Tiger 800 forum? I love this one, but curious about finding a forum specifically focused on this model.

There's one I found that seems to mostly draw from Great Britain. Being from the US, I'm more interested in one that draws from the US. Thanks.
This one is a good mix of Brits and Yanks ; http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?action=forum

this one covers everything ; http://www.triumphtalk.com/content.php
__________________
3 - 1 black Tigers. 955i+800XC (sold)+800XC=113000 miles of fun.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #16162
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcridr View Post
Long time member but new (5 days) to the Tiger clan. I have noticed that the 800 is geared a little tall
Most people that think that way just bung a 15T on the front.
__________________
3 - 1 black Tigers. 955i+800XC (sold)+800XC=113000 miles of fun.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #16163
gusutavot800
Adventurer
 
gusutavot800's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
There is a vendor in the vendor section selling LV for much cheaper than those prices. Sale thru March. Even regular prices on LV is cheaper than that.
True the LV is cheaper but imho it does sound nearly as good as the two brothers...

The price for the LV on the vendors is not that great I've seen it for $280 on other websites, free shipping.
__________________
"live everyday as if it was your last, one day you will be right"

gusutavot800 screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 05:27 AM
gusutavot800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #16164
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ducken's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Southern Oregon
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcridr View Post
Long time member but new (5 days) to the Tiger clan. I have noticed that the 800 is geared a little tall or should I say that the close ratio trans makes it appear that way. 1st could be a little lower. Anyone changing the rear to a tooth or two larger and if so what vendor are you using. Are you able to use the OEM chain with out removing a link? I realize that one on the front would be easier but that just moves the rear wheel back even further, close to the limit of the adjuster. I have read through the first 1000 pages with little or no answers to what I am looking for. Someone toss me a Bone.
Thanks from the "R" in Team MSR
Triumph makes a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket, or a Suzuki DL650 stock 15 tooth countershaft sprocket works as well. (2012 V-Strom 650)

If you want to see if you could live with the higher revs at cruising speed, just run around in fifth gear, that will give you the same revs / vibes / feel as sixth gear with a 15 tooth on the front. Because I don't spend much time above 80 mph on my XC, I think it's a worth while trade off for the lower first gear. Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #16165
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcridr View Post
Long time member but new (5 days) to the Tiger clan. I have noticed that the 800 is geared a little tall or should I say that the close ratio trans makes it appear that way. 1st could be a little lower. Anyone changing the rear to a tooth or two larger and if so what vendor are you using. Are you able to use the OEM chain with out removing a link? I realize that one on the front would be easier but that just moves the rear wheel back even further, close to the limit of the adjuster. I have read through the first 1000 pages with little or no answers to what I am looking for. Someone toss me a Bone.
Thanks from the "R" in Team MSR
Engle Motors in KC had these custom made. I've ran about 10,000 miles on this one now. It's 2 up from stock. Still on stock chain.


fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #16166
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
For those who didn't know Two Brothers just release a muffler for the T800 here is a link and dyne video from them....

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...ger-SO-13.html

I might pass of the Leo Vince and save some more $$$ and get this instead
Two Brothers is only one step above D&D, as far as quality. You can do what you want, as it's your bike. But, I refused to sell them, when I used to run a parts dept. We had a mechanic, who had one on his 900RR, that agreed with me.

To be honest, I'm not impressed with LV's quality, either. They just don't age very well.

If you want something that'll last, look for full-stainless construction (or aluminum sleeved muffler, if you don't mind polishing/ titanium sleeve, if you don't mind Scotchbrite from time to time).
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #16167
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 804
Hey guys I just received a email from Triumph. Maybe this is old news but it says they have a new online system to order accessories. You select your state and dealer you want the parts shipped to.

shop.triumphmotorcycles.com


:
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #16168
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson, AZ, It's a dry hate.
Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusutavot800 View Post
True the LV is cheaper but imho it does sound nearly as good as the two brothers...

The price for the LV on the vendors is not that great I've seen it for $280 on other websites, free shipping.
I misread your post and interpreted it as saying you'd save money by going with the non-LV exhaust. Obviously that's not what you said.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #16169
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hoegaarden, Belgium
Oddometer: 3,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Two Brothers is only one step above D&D, as far as quality. You can do what you want, as it's your bike. But, I refused to sell them, when I used to run a parts dept. We had a mechanic, who had one on his 900RR, that agreed with me.

To be honest, I'm not impressed with LV's quality, either. They just don't age very well.

If you want something that'll last, look for full-stainless construction (or aluminum sleeved muffler, if you don't mind polishing/ titanium sleeve, if you don't mind Scotchbrite from time to time).
2 years ago I'd have agreed about LV.
But one I purchased for my Tiger in 2012 was incredibly well made and from proper materials. I have old LV in garage (one, that was desintegrated by attempt to use carbon can on 800 cc thumper) and it's day and night.
LV comes in aluminium and carbon BTW.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #16170
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson, AZ, It's a dry hate.
Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
2 years ago I'd have agreed about LV.
But one I purchased for my Tiger in 2012 was incredibly well made and from proper materials. I have old LV in garage (one, that was desintegrated by attempt to use carbon can on 800 cc thumper) and it's day and night.
LV comes in aluminium and carbon BTW.

Just curious, what country are the LV made in?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015