Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #16276
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by orv View Post
I also use some plastic plugs that work well for me. The foam cheepies are just a step above nothing. Too hard to get a good fit.

Most important is that you wear something all the time. Hearing loss is cummulative. Hearing is a bitch to lose. DAMHIK
I use the "Ultimate Soft Hearos" NRR 32, very comfortable. Years ago when I first started using ear plugs I didn't like them but now I can't stand to ride without them.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #16277
xcountry41
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
True dat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
They offer often better protection than molded ear plugs as long as they are fitted correctly. And for a MUCH better price. I bought a box of 200 pairs of Howard Leight Max which I can use multiple times, on a longer tour a pair lasts for two to three days, they have a ~30dB noise reduction and are very comfortable to wear, and the whole box was $20. I've been using them since 2009, might have to buy a new box this year.

After you got used to inserting them it's about as fast as molded plugs. And as I don't care for music when riding, they are perfect.
At work I use ear muffs for convenience and max protection, we receive extensive education and training regarding PPE and moulded plugs are not even on the radar. The foamies when properly used really work, and are quite comfortable. I even sleep with them in at the hostel I stay at when skiing because snoring that is not your wife's can be really irritating!!
xcountry41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #16278
cug

Oddometer: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcountry41 View Post
I even sleep with them in at the hostel I stay at when skiing because snoring that is not your wife's can be really irritating!!

Same here. Just the unfamiliar noise on campgrounds or in hotels lets me use them overnight. Never had an issue with them, but I also use them for decades now, so I'm quite used to them.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #16279
Trippy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Looked at an XC today, first time I had sat on one and it's a really nice bike.
Feels very comfortable and just the right size.
I assume they'd take TKC's would they?
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #16280
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
I assume they'd take TKC's would they?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #16281
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Years ago when I first started using ear plugs I didn't like them but now I can't stand to ride without them.
+1

I use the Moldex 6800 Pura-Fit. I have a Shoei Qwest helmet.

http://www.amazon.com/Moldex-6800-Pu...ldex+ear+plugs

I will need to set myself up with a Sena intercom system this year and I'm not sure if that will work with the foam plugs?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #16282
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebob View Post
+1

I use the Moldex 6800 Pura-Fit. I have a Shoei Qwest helmet.

http://www.amazon.com/Moldex-6800-Pu...ldex+ear+plugs

I will need to set myself up with a Sena intercom system this year and I'm not sure if that will work with the foam plugs?
It works great with them. I use my Sena for listening to music all the time, and have plugs in 98% of the time. I can hear everything fine, including nearby cars and sirens. The plugs actually help filter out all the ambient wind noise, so I can hear the music more clearly than I could without them in.
some call me...tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #16283
TxLoneRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
SW Motec

On my KLR I have the SW Motec crash bars and luggage racks, well worth the $$$$ IMNSHO of course.

Bike fell on the ride at least 2 times when on the too tall side stand. NO damage!

Got the SW Motec crash bars or te 800xc to put on.
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #16284
Poweranger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
It works great with them. I use my Sena for listening to music all the time, and have plugs in 98% of the time. I can hear everything fine, including nearby cars and sirens. The plugs actually help filter out all the ambient wind noise, so I can hear the music more clearly than I could without them in.
+1 I do the same. You can actually hear your music better through the Sena with plugs in.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #16285
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,923
Sena BT Intercom

Sena is designed for use with ear plugs.

I have the 5's for wife and I, and for blue tooth ipod and phone. Nice units.

I had one go all sticky on me, and then it wouldn't turn on either. It must be the one that's sat out on my helmet at work. Sent it in under warranty and they replaced it. Quick turn around. That's great service.

If you shop you can find them for $180 a pair, shipped. The 10's are a little more and have a greater range, so recommended if you want bike to bike.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #16286
byh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by byh View Post
Just to be sure, I emailed Alain at TuneECU. I'll share what I find out.
I received a response via email that 2013 800xc works with TuneECU.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #16287
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,078
It works, but you losing warranty as from 2013 they keep track of changes in hidden....memory? And instructed dealers that is impacts warranty.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #16288
byh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
It works, but you losing warranty as from 2013 they keep track of changes in hidden....memory? And instructed dealers that is impacts warranty.
Good point. There are more ways to void the warranty from http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/th...and-conditions

Some owners chose non-Triumph accessories from Altrider, Happy Trail and other 3rd parties.
2. The machine must not have been subject to any modification, repair or replacement other than as authorized by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.
And for those who change their own oil, even if they keep logs...
3. The machine must have been serviced by an authorized Triumph dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly.

My past experience with BMW was very good regarding dealer support. This is my first Triumph, so the whole dealer interaction is new (to me).
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #16289
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Just picked mine up last week! Unless you're getting some great deal on the OEM and Trax stuff, look at the GlobeScout cases that should be available within the next couple of weeks at ADVDepot.com. Being from NYC, you may appreciate the locks on these, as they seem much sturdier than the ones on the Trax cases. There's a thread on them somewhere... The 50L OEM bag is very nice, also. You can get it and use it on the back rack as a temporary top-case, and can be strapped onto the passenger seat when you get a top case if you need the extra storage.
Got the great deal on the OEM top case/rack/backrest. Holding off on sidecases for now since Trax does not hold a fullface and tho the left OEM case does, I am not psyched about side-opening or plastic.

Will look into GlobeScout, thanks.
2013 Nutmeg 400
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #16290
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,078
someone on Tiger forum in UK posted specific advisory Triumph issued to dealers specifically on re-flashing "brains" with non-Triumph maps. So - it is a bit different. When I asked my dealer about my LV exhaust and warranty they said "no probs, we just change exhaust back to stock one and send it to Triumph if needed"
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote