Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #16516
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,529
I noticed my XC pulled to the right. I don't know exactly why it stopped. I added a LeoVince muffler & changed the tires a few times. I don't let go often enough to know when it quit, but it does not do it anymore. I agree that you can adjust your spokes to correct it but I never did. I highly recommend using a tape measure to line up the rear wheel. The marks are a joke.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #16517
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
I noticed my XC pulled to the right. I don't know exactly why it stopped. I added a LeoVince muffler & changed the tires a few times. I don't let go often enough to know when it quit, but it does not do it anymore. I agree that you can adjust your spokes to correct it but I never did. I highly recommend using a tape measure to line up the rear wheel. The marks are a joke.
For the record, my XC also pulls to the right.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #16518
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
For the record, my XC also pulls to the right.
Check your rear wheel alignment to the swing arm pivot.
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #16519
The Breeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongrade View Post
Check your rear wheel alignment to the swing arm pivot.
Not sure about LionBR, but I did check the "rear wheel alignment to swing arm pivot".....and the dealer did it as well.....bike still pulls t the right.
The Breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #16520
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
Not sure about LionBR, but I did check the "rear wheel alignment to swing arm pivot".....and the dealer did it as well.....bike still pulls t the right.
Try the alignment method on this site. It's for Harley's but doing this should show you if the frame is tweaked. Might even be able to adjust the rear wheel to the front enough to fix the off tracking.

http://glide-pro.com/media.html
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:55 AM   #16521
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, I've ridden on the opposite side of the road (which should cause me to drift left)....but the bike is either balanced (if the camber is steep enough) or if the camber is slight.....it will actually pull to the right (up hill!). I've adjusted the rear axle/chain...still pulls right. The dealer tried the above....readjusted everything and it stills pull to the right. They even put a new front wheel on to test/verify the spokes/hub alignment.....still pulls to the right.

The next step was for them to swap front ends. This would verify that it's either the front end or the frame. They were going to do this, until they pulled the two new units off the floor, and they did the same thing.

I'm pretty sure it's a design issue (i.e., the weight of the big can coupled with the extremely steep rake of the front end). Like I said, it's very slight.....and most people, without carpal tunnel issues, on day rides.....wouldn't even notice the issue.

Oh well, at least I have a fix.....hang 15lbs on the left side of the bike (or less, if I install a lighter weight exhaust). My plan is to mount a tool tube on the left side of the bike (I always carry these tools, pump, parts, etc. anyway) and this should balance the bike.

It's just kind of a bummer that I have to do this............ Subsequent to this noticing this, I've taken my DR650 and WR250R on the same roads....taken my hands off the bars, and the bikes track straight as an arrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
My klr did this, it was cured by tweeking the rear wheel. Can't remember which way to tell you to adjust it at the moment. It was simple though, 1/2 turn on one side, ride and see if it was better.

That's what I would try. Adjust the rear wheel so that it steers you towards the left.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #16522
Blue&Yellow
but orange inside...

Oddometer: 754
Pulling in either direction can be the stock tyres, tyres are supposed to be stored upright when not in use but if you store them laying down in huge piles (like in a factory) they can deform.
Blue&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #16523
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
I need a couple of Wolfman Rack measurements if someone could spare a moment to visit their bike.

I've got the Scorpion can and don't like how far the Wolfman racks stick out on that side. To that end, I'm starting the design process for a snug fit rack. I've already got their bags.

What I need are the height and width of the Wolfman hoop on their rack and also the length of the straight horizontal segment before it begins to curve. I'll have the CAD program deal with drawing the radius of the curve.

No idea how costly this may end up but I figure its time to give it a go.

Thanks in advance,
p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #16524
riceaterslc
Urinal Cake Engineer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
What I need are the height and width of the Wolfman hoop on their rack and also the length of the straight horizontal segment before it begins to curve. I'll have the CAD program deal with drawing the radius of the curve.
p3
height = 7"
width = 12"
straight line = 6"

i have a .pdf i received from wolfman if you want. shoot me a PM if interested.
riceaterslc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #16525
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceaterslc View Post
height = 7"
width = 12"
straight line = 6"

i have a .pdf i received from wolfman if you want. shoot me a PM if interested.
Thank you sir! PM forthcoming.

p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #16526
rockchucker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
New XC sprung a leak

Any help from the collective would be appreciated. New, ~300 miles, xc got hungry and ate a screw that came out of the back half of he chain guide, munched on the cs sprocket guard and chewed a hole in the rubber coolant hose immediately in front of the cs sprocket. 500 mile service scheduled for next Saturday the 6th but it looks like I'll be trailering it there 150 miles and having a 300 mile service instead of 500. Should I be requesting a new cs sprocket and chain? Any thing else?

Thanks for any advice and loctite is your friend!
rockchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #16527
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker View Post
Any help from the collective would be appreciated. New, ~300 miles, xc got hungry and ate a screw that came out of the back half of he chain guide, munched on the cs sprocket guard and chewed a hole in the rubber coolant hose immediately in front of the cs sprocket. 500 mile service scheduled for next Saturday the 6th but it looks like I'll be trailering it there 150 miles and having a 300 mile service instead of 500. Should I be requesting a new cs sprocket and chain? Any thing else?

Thanks for any advice and loctite is your friend!
I would demand it. But It should all be covered without a problem. I will be checking mine since I have a few hundred miles now.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #16528
rockchucker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Yeah, I'm thinking chain, sprocket, sprocket guard, chain guide/swingarm guard and hose. We'll see what they say on Tuesday.
rockchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #16529
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 940
A little dirt goes a long way

Well, after 900 miles, I was finely able to get the Tiger out on somewhat technical (Class II+ for you kayakers) old jeep trails. Coming from a 2000 YZF 426, the Tiger XC blew me away on how well it tracks, rolls over chunky rocky terrain and handled when I had to blaze a turnaround through off trail. Every time I ride, I'm more impressed and am stoked I bought the Tiger.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #16530
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Well, after 900 miles, I was finely able to get the Tiger out on somewhat technical (Class II+ for you kayakers) old jeep trails. Coming from a 2000 YZF 426, the Tiger XC blew me away on how well it tracks, rolls over chunky rocky terrain and handled when I had to blaze a turnaround through off trail. Every time I ride, I'm more impressed and am stoked I bought the Tiger.
I had the same experience this past Saturday. I hunted for some access trails to some right of way locations that are frequented by quads and dirtbikes. I found the Tiger XC with the stock tires did MUCH better than expected. I had experienced the feeling of the front washing out a bunch of times on sections where its lack of traction had it pushing and then recovering like a champ. I even was gassing it through the whoops getting some wheelies over them and even getting a little air in some sections. It was so much fun I spent the whole day off road on it surprising myself at the hits it was handling in bony sections and on moderate hill climbs. The last trail I was on was really wet and I though I may have bitten off more than the bike could handle. The sun was starting to get low toward early evening and I muscled the bike out of the muck pushing it as I fed it some throttle. I got it free and decided to call it a day. Just as I pulled onto the street the rear tire went flat. I pulled over not 15 feet from the trail exit to find a big nail in my rear tire. I called a friend with a trailer...

I went home and ordered a TKC80 front and Heideneau rear for it.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote