User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #16606
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Sargent Seat for the Tiger 800

Just a heads up for those who care, I received an e-mail from Sargent today. The Sargent seat for the Tiger 800 and 800XC is going to be available for order starting Monday the 8th. The e-mail is not clear, at least to me, if the seat is available to everyone on Monday, or only to those who pre-registered with Sargent. It does state that the pre-registration is good for fifty bucks off the final price, making a Sargent for the Tiger roughly $500 instead of $550. Two options of height, regular and low, just like the Triumph accessory seats, and two options of fabric, CarbonFX, or Duratex. Apparently Duratex is a new grippy fabric I personally haven't seen yet. It (the website) doesn't say anything about if you can just buy the riders seat and keep the stock passenger seat. It does say that the Sargent seat is adjustable for two heights just like the stock Triumph riders seat.

No affiliation with Sargent, just a fan of Sargent. I have the Triumph Low Gel accessory seat, but fully planned on buying the Sargent as soon as it was available. I have Sargent seats on every one of my bikes, but I'm having a little sticker shock. $500! Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #16607
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
I sat on the new Honda at the NYC show, and told the Honda Rep that they had better bring boatloads over, as I think it will sell like hotcakes. Really a beautiful execution, like the Bonnies are for Triumph. Guys our age (50 and up) remember these fondly, and for the most part, are at the point in our life where we have the cash to buy a new one (as opposed to that same 350 Honda that everyone in town owned at one time or another as their first bike until they sold it and moved on). For a weekend around town relaxed ride, the new 1100 is perfect, but the limited fuel range make it pretty impractical for any real long distance stuff.
Precisely because I am "at that age", I prefer long multiday trips, and as many miles as I can squeeze into whatever available time I have left on this earth. My old CD550 Four was a barge compared to my Triumph Legend, and I wouldn't go back for a minute, nostalgia or not.
While the adventure bike styling is not very appealing to me aesthetically, I can appreciate them for what they offer as long distance riding machines, and that is why I follow this thread and the Explorer thread to stay up on what is happening.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #16608
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I sat on the new Honda at the NYC show, and told the Honda Rep that they had better bring boatloads over, as I think it will sell like hotcakes. Really a beautiful execution, like the Bonnies are for Triumph. Guys our age (50 and up) remember these fondly, and for the most part, are at the point in our life where we have the cash to buy a new one (as opposed to that same 350 Honda that everyone in town owned at one time or another as their first bike until they sold it and moved on). For a weekend around town relaxed ride, the new 1100 is perfect, but the limited fuel range make it pretty impractical for any real long distance stuff.
Precisely because I am "at that age", I prefer long multiday trips, and as many miles as I can squeeze into whatever available time I have left on this earth. My old CD550 Four was a barge compared to my Triumph Legend, and I wouldn't go back for a minute, nostalgia or not.
While the adventure bike styling is not very appealing to me aesthetically, I can appreciate them for what they offer as long distance riding machines, and that is why I follow this thread and the Explorer thread to stay up on what is happening.
what honda?
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #16609
TxLoneRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
what honda?
The subject was the 2013 CB1100

TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #16610
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducken View Post
Just a heads up for those who care, I received an e-mail from Sargent today. The Sargent seat for the Tiger 800 and 800XC is going to be available for order starting Monday the 8th. The e-mail is not clear, at least to me, if the seat is available to everyone on Monday, or only to those who pre-registered with Sargent. It does state that the pre-registration is good for fifty bucks off the final price, making a Sargent for the Tiger roughly $500 instead of $550. Two options of height, regular and low, just like the Triumph accessory seats, and two options of fabric, CarbonFX, or Duratex. Apparently Duratex is a new grippy fabric I personally haven't seen yet. It (the website) doesn't say anything about if you can just buy the riders seat and keep the stock passenger seat. It does say that the Sargent seat is adjustable for two heights just like the stock Triumph riders seat.

No affiliation with Sargent, just a fan of Sargent. I have the Triumph Low Gel accessory seat, but fully planned on buying the Sargent as soon as it was available. I have Sargent seats on every one of my bikes, but I'm having a little sticker shock. $500! Ken
I got the same email. Too bad Sargent took so damn long to bring the seat out. I've had a few in the past and have always been pleased. Good news for Renazco though since they got a customer for life
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #16611
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
Guys our age (50 and up) remember these fondly.
Yep, and those times are gone. If we could have had a freakin' 800 XC back then this conversation would be moot. Move on... learn more, do more, live more.
XCRider803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #16612
Jimbones
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Safari has a fuel tank out for the Tiger?
8 gal. tank in Black or Natural.
Range would be amazing. 325-375 miles depending...
$875 though!!! Talk about pricey...
I didn't know these were out but Safari's website says they're available.
Jimbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #16613
Moonsorrow
Jesus

Oddometer: 37
Touratech have 'em aswell: http://shop.touratech.nl/long-distan...ansparent.html
Moonsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #16614
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbones View Post
Safari has a fuel tank out for the Tiger?
8 gal. tank in Black or Natural.
Range would be amazing. 325-375 miles depending...
$875 though!!! Talk about pricey...
I didn't know these were out but Safari's website says they're available.
they are definitely out. a couple inmates are running them.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #16615
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,632
Well that was cutting it close, I made it home but it stumbled on a right hander about a mile from home.

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #16616
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Well that was cutting it close, I made it home but it stumbled on a right hander about a mile from home.

did you only get 203 miles on that tank? you must have been very right hand heavy!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #16617
jimjim
Just another FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
did you only get 203 miles on that tank? you must have been very right hand heavy!
Yes pretty typical for me, light usually comes on at 150-160 miles. Arrow exhaust and tune.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #16618
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,786
I've run it down to where the computer has given up trying to calculate miles to empty (<5 it seems to just go blank), and the most gas that I've ever put in is 4.5 gal. During the break in, I went 212 miles on 4.3 gallons (>49mpg). So, I suppose I still had another 3/4 gallon and 20-25 miles or so...

My last fill up, though, I seem to only have gotten 150 miles out of 4 gallons (~38mpg).
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #16619
jimjim
Just another FF!

The most I've ever put in is 4.9 gallons it'll be interesting to see what it takes now.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #16620
T

Oddometer: 5,171
Usually 150-165 miles for me before the fuel light comes on. I'll go another 20 mile or so before I fill it (usually about 4gal). What's the word on running 'em down low? I've heard the fuel pump is cooled with that last gallon in the tank.