ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #16756
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
the Tiger 800 doesn't use cartridges.
I think you'll find they do.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2011 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 40000 miles and counting.
2013 black Tiger800XC, The other British Land Rover. 500 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #16757
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Seventy One's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Land of 10,000 lakes.
Oddometer: 486
I just had the 500 mile service completed a couple days ago and have picked up an extremely noticeable vibration in the handle bars. There is a also a slight tingle coming through the pegs as well. I first noticed it on the way home from the dealership.

I know a part of the service was to re-torque everything. Could these two events be related? Nothing else has changed.

The dealer is two hours away and I'd prefer (if possible) to take care of this myself.
__________________
"Dynamite comes in small packages." ~Anon.
2009 DR650
2013 800XC
Seventy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #16758
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
I just had the 500 mile service completed a couple days ago and have picked up an extremely noticeable vibration in the handle bars. There is a also a slight tingle coming through the pegs as well. I first noticed it on the way home from the dealership.

I know a part of the service was to re-torque everything. Could these two events be related? Nothing else has changed.

The dealer is two hours away and I'd prefer (if possible) to take care of this myself.
Is the vibration speed or rpm related?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #16759
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Seventy One's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Land of 10,000 lakes.
Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Is the vibration speed or rpm related?
It's difficult to say. I just did a 50 mile loop at 60 mph in 6th gear and it was pretty bad after only about 20 minutes. In fact, I had to stop halfway through to allow the feeling to return to my fingers.

I've tried two different sets of gloves with no changes. Oddly enough, my padded textile winter gloves were actually a bit worse than my thin leather ones.
__________________
"Dynamite comes in small packages." ~Anon.
2009 DR650
2013 800XC
Seventy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #16760
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
I just had the 500 mile service completed a couple days ago and have picked up an extremely noticeable vibration in the handle bars. There is a also a slight tingle coming through the pegs as well. I first noticed it on the way home from the dealership.

I know a part of the service was to re-torque everything. Could these two events be related? Nothing else has changed.

The dealer is two hours away and I'd prefer (if possible) to take care of this myself.
Did they update the ignition map perhaps ?
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #16761
Oshiat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Land of Fruits & Nuts
Oddometer: 157
I've noticed an increase in vibs on my bike following the 12k service. I believe they updated the map at that time.
Oshiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #16762
Charrito
Adventurer
 
Charrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 97
That is odd...I just had the 6k and it actually feels smoother. They did update the map though.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in any of my posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this forum or anyone associated with it. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sometimes.
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #16763
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yankee Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Decatur, AL
Oddometer: 1,964
Are downloads of the shop manual available anywhere? I would like to bring it along on tour but the paper version takes up too much room. Electrons are just so much more compact.
__________________
2005 Ural
2005 BMW F650GS
2012 Triumph Tiger 800xc
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #16764
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 5,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
Are downloads of the shop manual available anywhere? I would like to bring it along on tour but the paper version takes up too much room. Electrons are just so much more compact.

PM sent.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #16765
Flyboy52219
Adventurer
 
Flyboy52219's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
It's difficult to say. I just did a 50 mile loop at 60 mph in 6th gear and it was pretty bad after only about 20 minutes. In fact, I had to stop halfway through to allow the feeling to return to my fingers.

I've tried two different sets of gloves with no changes. Oddly enough, my padded textile winter gloves were actually a bit worse than my thin leather ones.
I noticed an increase when I added the Triumph crash bars. I have retorqued everything. Now strangely enough I did turn up the handlebars ( no risers yet) and really noticed the vibration. I didn't like the handlebars turned up (will be getting some risers soon) so I turned the, back down. The vibration lessened considerably. May want to give a slight adjustment to see...doesn't cost anything to experiment with.
Flyboy52219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #16766
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
It's difficult to say. I just did a 50 mile loop at 60 mph in 6th gear and it was pretty bad after only about 20 minutes. In fact, I had to stop halfway through to allow the feeling to return to my fingers.

I've tried two different sets of gloves with no changes. Oddly enough, my padded textile winter gloves were actually a bit worse than my thin leather ones.
Maybe check the chain to see if somehow they managed to adjust it (very) incorrectly.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #16767
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer
 
KildareMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: County Kildare, Ireland
Oddometer: 674
Chain too tight can cause a vibration

Sent from my Tiger 800
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #16768
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.
 
Jeuneyer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: SW-Virginia
Oddometer: 68
1st ride with the new tiger

I doubt anybody really cares but I wanted to share with somebody. After months of agonizing wait, I finally get my tiger. A 2013 roadie. I took her out for the first time yesterday for a local ride with my buddy who has a 2012 model. We are rolling ebony and ivory style. Mine is the ivory. Here are a couple of pics from the BRP on a cloudy day. It is all I expected and then some. Fantastic ride.



Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #16769
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Simon Smith's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oxted, Surrey, England.
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Chain too tight can cause a vibration

Sent from my Tiger 800
Mine vibrated after the First service, slackened the chain off a fraction and it stopped. Since then I have checked the tension regularly and it hasn't loosened off since, so it seems to help with chain wear too.
__________________
'11 Triumph Tiger 800XC,
Simon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #16770
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuneyer View Post
I doubt anybody really cares but I wanted to share with somebody. After months of agonizing wait, I finally get my tiger. A 2013 roadie. I took her out for the first time yesterday for a local ride with my buddy who has a 2012 model. We are rolling ebony and ivory style. Mine is the ivory. Here are a couple of pics from the BRP on a cloudy day. It is all I expected and then some. Fantastic ride.



Very nice. Congrats!
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015