User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #16831
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.

Oddometer: 68
1st ride with the new tiger

I doubt anybody really cares but I wanted to share with somebody. After months of agonizing wait, I finally get my tiger. A 2013 roadie. I took her out for the first time yesterday for a local ride with my buddy who has a 2012 model. We are rolling ebony and ivory style. Mine is the ivory. Here are a couple of pics from the BRP on a cloudy day. It is all I expected and then some. Fantastic ride.

Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #16832
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Chain too tight can cause a vibration

Sent from my Tiger 800
Mine vibrated after the First service, slackened the chain off a fraction and it stopped. Since then I have checked the tension regularly and it hasn't loosened off since, so it seems to help with chain wear too.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #16833
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuneyer View Post
I doubt anybody really cares but I wanted to share with somebody. After months of agonizing wait, I finally get my tiger. A 2013 roadie. I took her out for the first time yesterday for a local ride with my buddy who has a 2012 model. We are rolling ebony and ivory style. Mine is the ivory. Here are a couple of pics from the BRP on a cloudy day. It is all I expected and then some. Fantastic ride.

Very nice. Congrats!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #16834
PYG RYDR
Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer: 379
Thumb

Quote:
Nice!

Congratulations!

I am in Collinsville-are you in VA/NC?
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #16835
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 850
Quote:
Nice! I have a '13 XC. Beautiful motor, great bike. Congrats!
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #16836
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Fantastic Enjoy it!
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #16837
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
I just had the 500 mile service completed a couple days ago and have picked up an extremely noticeable vibration in the handle bars. There is a also a slight tingle coming through the pegs as well. I first noticed it on the way home from the dealership.

I know a part of the service was to re-torque everything. Could these two events be related? Nothing else has changed.

The dealer is two hours away and I'd prefer (if possible) to take care of this myself.
Same exact thing is happening with mine. Just had 500 mile service on my XC, and noticeable vibration. Starts about 3800 and gets worse the higher you go. Since I don't have a center stand or swing arm spools yet, makes it tough to readjust the chain. Hopefully get that sorted tonight. For a bike that is supposed to be smooth as silk, I feel vibes in all the wrong places.
cory1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #16838
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
These bikes are smooth. Something is out of adjustment. I wonder if the dealers reset the TPS, it's supposed to be reset after every ecu update. I wouldn't think the TPS would cause vibrations like that though. I just installed the latest tune 20653 on mine last week and it still runs nice and smooth just like it did before. I DID reset the TPS. I wonder if the throttle bodies are out of sync? My BMW R1200RT would put my pinkie finger to sleep in 10 minutes when the TBs were out of sync. Sync them and it was very smooth again. I could always tell when they needed sync'ing simply by the increased vibes.

This is why I bought both TuneECU and DealerTool so I could check/adjust whatever was needed.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #16839
myowngod
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I fall in love with this bike more and more everytime I ride it. Ran with a buddy through some canal roads out by the everglades.. could never do this stuff on a sport bike. Really need some better off-road tires.

myowngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #16840
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYG RYDR View Post
Nice!

Congratulations!

I am in Collinsville-are you in VA/NC?
Roanoke, not far.
Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #16841
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
Since I don't have a center stand or swing arm spools yet, makes it tough to readjust the chain.
You don't need a center stand or swingarm spools. The chain is supposed to be adjusted with the bike on the sidestand. If you adjust it with the rear wheel off the ground, it'll be too tight when the suspension is compressed.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #16842
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
If you adjust it with the rear wheel off the ground, it'll be too tight when the suspension is compressed.

--mark
This is true if it's up on the centerstand, but adjusting while up on the spools is OK.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #16843
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
You don't need a center stand or swingarm spools. The chain is supposed to be adjusted with the bike on the sidestand. If you adjust it with the rear wheel off the ground, it'll be too tight when the suspension is compressed.

--mark
From the perspective of a roadie owner, the chain is tighter when on the center stand. I having 10mm lifting links also, maybe that matters... Just throwing it out there. But yes, still check it on the side stand.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #16844
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Did they update the ignition map perhaps ?

Tried look it up but nothiing came up... What are "Ignition maps"?

Thanks!
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #16845
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
Tried look it up but nothiing came up... What are "Ignition maps"?

Thanks!
Fuel injected bikes use a "map" to provide the proper amount of fuel based on throttle position and rpm. The computer or ECU checks all the inputs from it's sensors, looks up the value needed and sends the proper amount of fuel to the injectors based on the "map". If you use TuneECU, you can look at your current map and see the values. It basically just looks like a big spreadsheet with values for all rpm ranges from idle to red line. Here's a screenshot from TuneECU, that's your map...

I just installed the latest map for the Tiger last week, 20653. The manufacturers will release updates to address running issues, and there's maps available if you run an aftermarket exhaust etc.

bross screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 12:41 PM
bross is offline   Reply With Quote