User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #18631
jharrell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Pannier Question

Quick question for those using the Triumph Panniers.
Are the cases shipped with lock cores? I didn't get any with my used bike.

Thanks,
Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #18632
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post

Thanks,
Each new bike sold is delivered with lock cores. Cases are shipped without and you just use the cores that came with the bike. Have a look in the zippered case/folio and you might find the cores in there with the spare key.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #18633
jtmajors
OCD with motorcycles

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadet View Post
Factory seat-to-bars on the Tiger seems to be set up for a rider height of about 6'9", I think. Or else average height guys with arms to their knees :(
I feel ya. I think the rox risers are gonna do the trick. They will be here Wednesday!
2012 triumph tiger 800xc, 2012 ktm 500 xcw plated, 2010 wr 250x (sold), 2009 Crf 450r (sold), 2007 Crf 250r (sold), 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 (sold), 2001 yz 125 (sold), 2000 yz 250 (sold), 1997 yzf 600 (sold), 1996 cr250r (sold), 1992 rm 125 (sold), 1988 Yamaha Virago (sold), 1986 XR 200 (sold), 1984 cr 80r (sold), 1982 xr 80 (sold)
jtmajors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #18634
jharrell
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Each new bike sold is delivered with lock cores. Cases are shipped without and you just use the cores that came with the bike. Have a look in the zippered case/folio and you might find the cores in there with the spare key.
I know the new bikes come with them however the previous owner didn't have them. I assume I can order a set of cores. I'll just need to use two keys.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #18635
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,341
Quote:
I know the new bikes come with them however the previous owner didn't have them. I assume I can order a set of cores. I'll just need to use two keys.
He did at one time
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #18636
jharrell
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag View Post
He did at one time
Yes, I know but that doesn't help now.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #18637
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:

Thanks,
You did look under the seat right? Mine are zip tied to a cross member in a little bag. They weren't with the manuals.
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #18638
WIMAK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
My new cores were floating along under the rear seat. I found them when I got home but I am guessing that if you didn't realize you had them and they were loose under the seat they may have the potential to fall out.. I put mine in the tool bag right away!
WIMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #18639
henkew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Trip Report - Alaska

I've got about 1 week of my 3 week trip to Alaska documented (new posts coming in daily, for the most part). I took my Tiger 800XC and my buddy was on a Vstrom. I had a few minor problems with the XC, snapped throttle cable and some battery problems, and the dreaded stalling issue. But for the most part, it handled awesome. It's the first big trip I've ever taken, had an amazing time. Text, pictures, and some video start here for anyone who may be interested:

http://www.warrenhenke.com/blogs/tra...orcyles-and-me
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #18640
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkew View Post
I've got about 1 week of my 3 week trip to Alaska documented (new posts coming in daily, for the most part). I took my Tiger 800XC and my buddy was on a Vstrom. I had a few minor problems with the XC, snapped throttle cable and some battery problems, and the dreaded stalling issue. But for the most part, it handled awesome. It's the first big trip I've ever taken, had an amazing time. Text, pictures, and some video start here for anyone who may be interested:

http://www.warrenhenke.com/blogs/tra...orcyles-and-me
Nice RR.
It seems you were somewhat not quite prepared for what you took on. Good effort there.

Lake Stevens, eh? Wifey's folks are in Marysville, her best friend in Lake Stevens. Maybe you know Linda Machado - hair stylist. LOL. I have kids in Snohomish and sister in Everett. We left there in '92 for so-Cal. Lots of nice weather here and great riding!

Anyway, I'm trying to put together something similar for next year, was supposed to do it two years ago for the wife's class reunion, but she lost her job and we ran out of $$. So things are better now and the rough plan is to trailer bikes up behind the RV to Marysville and leave her with the dogs at her folks place. Then ride Van-Isle to Port Hardy, BC Ferry to Prince Rupert, Steward, Hyder, then either Cassiar to Watson Lake and loop back to Bella Coola, or east to Prince George and south thru BC Interior. Lots of help and support from adv inmates up there. In the process of recruiting a couple of ride-alongs.

Thanks for posting your blog link.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #18641
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I was curious as to how far the windshield dropped with the drill mod.

Here are some pictures with the Triumph adjustable bracket and stock windshield installed.

Measured from the top and front edge of the Triple Tree to the top edge of the windshield.

In the highest position it is 13 3/4" and in the lowest it is 11 3/4".

Even in the lowest position for me (6'2") I have bobble head action.

Thanks
Just put a tape on mine...11-3/4 to 12" to the top of the triple.

Keep in mind the re-drill makes it slant back quite a lot more than stock. But I can't compare to the adjustable brackets, haven't seen them side by side. There isn't much room over the gauge panel on mine now. The slope of the screen is pretty much directly at my eyelevel now.

I really do think the space at the bottom now is what relieves the vacuum behind the screen and that's what upsets the airflow causing buffeting.

browneye screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 08:22 AM
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #18642
PaulSF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
So things are better now and the rough plan is to trailer bikes up behind the RV to Marysville and leave her with the dogs at her folks place. Then ride Van-Isle to Port Hardy, BC Ferry to Prince Rupert, Steward, Hyder, then either Cassiar to Watson Lake and loop back to Bella Coola, or east to Prince George and south thru BC Interior. Lots of help and support from adv inmates up there. In the process of recruiting a couple of ride-alongs.

Thanks for posting your blog link.
Just finished the same trip going up to Watson Lake via Cassiar and then back down to Prince George via Alaska Highway - then over to Jasper and down the Icefields Parkway and back across via 3. Highly recommend that route if you have the time!
PaulSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #18643
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSF View Post
Just finished the same trip going up to Watson Lake via Cassiar and then back down to Prince George via Alaska Highway - then over to Jasper and down the Icefields Parkway and back across via 3. Highly recommend that route if you have the time!
RR???
Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #18644
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,091
Question Front Rotor Tourque Bit Size

Anyone know what size the torque/star bit is for the front rotors? I need to replace the bent one with this nice new one and I don't have the correct size bit.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #18645
henkew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Lake Stevens, eh? Wifey's folks are in Marysville, her best friend in Lake Stevens.

Then ride Van-Isle to Port Hardy, BC Ferry to Prince Rupert, Steward, Hyder, then either Cassiar to Watson Lake and loop back to Bella Coola, or east to Prince George and south thru BC Interior.
I don't know her, but small world! Sounds like a great trip you have planned, I'll be watching for your ride report ;)
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote