Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #19081
ElJefeATX
Morally correct

Oddometer: 4,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToRideMoar View Post
Who's your dealer?

I want the green one, but my dealer only has white and black. We could probably arrange a dealer-to-dealer swap to liquidate their inventory.
Lonestar Triumph in Austin TX shows one 2013 and one 2014 matte green 800XC on their website. I have not talked to them yet so I don't know if the web site is truly accurate. In my searching I'm pretty sure I saw several TX dealers with the matte green. You might get a swap with or without me in on the deal. When I talk to them I'll see if that becomes advantageous and I'll get in touch with you.
ElJefeATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #19082
ElJefeATX
Morally correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
In a word; no.

Welcome to the forum.

Happy hunting.
Thank you, sir.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #19083
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
Greetings. New guy here looking at buying a Tiger 800 XC. This would be my first time buying new from a dealer (unless I find a great deal on a used one, but thats doubtful), and first time owning a bike made after Ronald Reagan was president. This thread and others have been very helpful with making decisions on the purchase, farkles, off-road capabilities etc.

The big question is, is there a difference between 2013's and 2014's?

I'd like to try and beat them down on price by either getting a close-out 2013 or an end of the year inventory sale on a 2014.

The local dealer appears to have a couple in matte green but we all know phantom black is faster and that's what I want.

So I'm willing to travel a couple hundred miles, or order one, but ordering one probably screws my chance at getting an end of the year deal. And I could probably live with the matte green if the price is right.

Any tips on dealing with the dealer, leads on a phantom black model or anything in general is appreciated.

I'm in central TX, btw.
Most buyers were able to get the dealer down about a thousand on the price. That should cover all the add-on fees and leave some profit for the dealer. Triumph was offering a $500 accessory credit for the previous year model, you might check into that.

If you're more flexible on color choice it will make bargaining easier, otherwise you may look high and low before you find the exact color you want. For example, the green color didn't even come out 'till last year, but there was a cool orange metallic one that is no more. And if you're handy with auto painting it's just the tank and beak that has color. I really liked the venom yellow (I call it bug-shit green) but it only came on the roadie, so I'm still thinking about painting mine.

And finally, there are enough of them around now that they are coming up for sale and you can save several thousand if you don't mind a low-time used one. You might have to fly and ride to take advantage though, and financing isn't as simple. Can be done though if you're determined. I didn't have that choice when I bought.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #19084
ElJefeATX
Morally correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Most buyers were able to get the dealer down about a thousand on the price. That should cover all the add-on fees and leave some profit for the dealer. Triumph was offering a $500 accessory credit for the previous year model, you might check into that.

If you're more flexible on color choice it will make bargaining easier, otherwise you may look high and low before you find the exact color you want. For example, the green color didn't even come out 'till last year, but there was a cool orange metallic one that is no more. And if you're handy with auto painting it's just the tank and beak that has color. I really liked the venom yellow (I call it bug-shit green) but it only came on the roadie, so I'm still thinking about painting mine.

And finally, there are enough of them around now that they are coming up for sale and you can save several thousand if you don't mind a low-time used one. You might have to fly and ride to take advantage though, and financing isn't as simple. Can be done though if you're determined. I didn't have that choice when I bought.
If the price is right I'm willing to compromise on the color, buy a low mile used one, fly and buy etc. All depends on the financing deal and the price, though.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #19085
FatBob
The name says it all

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
If the price is right I'm willing to compromise on the color, buy a low mile used one, fly and buy etc. All depends on the financing deal and the price, though.

Thanks for the info.
There's a nice BLACK one for sale in the flea market.

Here: Tiger 800XC

Ride Safe, Ride Often
FatBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #19086
ElJefeATX
Morally correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob View Post

Oh boy...

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #19087
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Not likely the bar mounting, more likely the left lower motor mount. Check the how-to thread on that.
I'll take a look, but this happened after after I mounted them. Thanks
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #19088
Escape Orion
n00b

Oddometer: 6
new to the forum.
just completed the 800xc farkles, now reading the 800 thread.
Im looking for replacement bars for the roadie. the risers don't interest me.
I've adjusted the stock bars a couple different times, and just can't get comfortable. Maybe cause my other bike is an 1198, and I'm use to leaning forward.

Escape Orion screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 01:41 PM
Escape Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #19089
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Orion View Post
new to the forum.
just completed the 800xc farkles, now reading the 800 thread.
Im looking for replacement bars for the roadie. the risers don't interest me.
I've adjusted the stock bars a couple different times, and just can't get comfortable. Maybe cause my other bike is and 1198, and I'm used to leaning forward.
I use the ProTaper Contour Pastrana FMX bars. Sweep and rise on this bar made it much better than OEM, for me.

You'll have to shave the plastic nubs on the switches, or, drill holes for them. I just sanded down the plastic, leaving the tiniest bit of a nub and this allows adjustment of the switches on the bar once you have it set the way it feels best.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #19090
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob View Post

And a nice White for sale HERE!
strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #19091
ElJefeATX
Morally correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
And a nice White for sale HERE!
I sent you a PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #19092
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,095
Has anyone raised the fender on a roadie? I got Metzler Karoo3s installed and it looks like if any rock gets stuck in between the knobs it'll tear my fender to bits.

Looks like in order to do so I'll need a longer brake cable 'hoop.'

Of course the XC's brake cable is a different setup altogether - two 'hoops' vs one. So it looks like I'd have to order the entire front brake line setup, which seems to connect in under the tank.... blah, bigger project than I had hoped.

VS

Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #19093
klinquist
übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
Has anyone raised the fender on a roadie?

Nevermind- Looks like I do only need the XC hoop and some brackets. That's doable.

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?topic=6056.0
Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #19094
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Why bother with loops over the guard. Just get a 2nd line from the master cylinder to the lhs caliper

Sent from my Tiger 800
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #19095
klinquist
übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Why bother with loops over the guard. Just get a 2nd line from the master cylinder to the lhs caliper

Sent from my Tiger 800
...because on bikes with ABS, the line doesn't go directly to the master cylinder.