Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #20041
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Or you can just reset it with DealerTool.
OR TuneECU, free, cable is only $20
Old 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #20042
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
OR TuneECU, free, cable is only $20
I don't think TuneECU will reset codes will it? It will read them but I don't think it resets them. Been over a year since I was last in there so I could be mistaken.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #20043
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I don't think TuneECU will reset codes will it? It will read them but I don't think it resets them. Been over a year since I was last in there so I could be mistaken.
Yes it will. I have reset a code on my bike with it.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #20044
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
Yes it will. I have reset a code on my bike with it.
I stand corrected and fixed my original post. Only reason I bought DealerTool was to reset the wrench icon and bleed my ABS. Have always used TuneECU for loading maps.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #20045
Charrito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxsmith View Post
I stumbled across this web site, this guy has spent considerable time making 800XC Service videos.
http://www.muddysump.com/servicing/tiger-800/

This should be a big help to some people on this forum
He has a lot more info om the tiger800 uk forum as well.

NSA, this post is just for you!
The views and opinions expressed in any of my posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this forum or anyone associated with it. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sometimes.
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #20046
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrito View Post
He has a lot more info om the tiger800 uk forum as well.

NSA, this post is just for you!
He is selling his tiger,

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #20047
Randyincolo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
WOWSA!!!!!

When I bought my Tiger last year bought some 2 inch Rox Risers for it and one thing lead to another and I forgot to install them. Yesterday they went on the bike and my Tiger is now most likely one of the most comfortable bikes I ever owned outside of my Gold Wings.
Randyincolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #20048
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
New Shock for the Roadie Tiger.

Finally got around to installing the HyperPro shock. I was dreading it but it wasn't that bad. You just had to have an assortment of tools.

To remove the links - 16mm & 17mm
Shock lower - T55 Torx bit & 17mm
Shock upper - 8mm Allen & 14mm

I also installed some raising links (+1 inch) while I was at it to save wear and tear on my boot toes in the turns. No problem for the side stand. In case you wanted to see the difference in links.

Remote preload adjuster option.

I took the bike for a short test ride today. Very interesting and hard to describe. It felt like I had new tires, very fluid. The ride didn't seem as harsh. I'm 250lbs geared up and I think I was over taxing my stock shock. I also ordered some progressive fork springs & 10W oil from the same place so now I need to get those installed pronto.

I went ahead and removed the rear tire for the install to give me some extra room and that was when I noticed my rear brake pads, WHOA. The outboard pad is a little thin. Ordered some new pads tonight.

I have about 16,500 miles on the 2011 Tiger.

Vzuke screwed with this post 04-23-2014 at 07:24 PM Reason: picture add
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:59 AM   #20049
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
Finally got around to installing the HyperPro shock.

Is that the basic 460 or 360 shock? And if so, am I right in saying that it only has rebound damping adjustment?
Also, what did they charge for the remote preload?
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #20050
CaptMako
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
What Did You Pay OTD for 2014 Tiger 800 ABS

I am looking to buy a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 ABS. Although I'm in Central Florida, just wondering what others have paid for their Tiger. Finally narrowed my dealer choice to St. Pete Motorsports. Read pretty poor reviews on other Triumph dealers nearer me and these guys seem to have the best reputation.

I'd appreciate hearing from other Tiger buyers on their best price. Thanks in-advance. Good riding.
CaptMako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #20051
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMako View Post
I am looking to buy a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 ABS. Although I'm in Central Florida, just wondering what others have paid for their Tiger. Finally narrowed my dealer choice to St. Pete Motorsports. Read pretty poor reviews on other Triumph dealers nearer me and these guys seem to have the best reputation.

I'd appreciate hearing from other Tiger buyers on their best price. Thanks in-advance. Good riding.
Paid $12,300 OTD on my 2013 800XC at Magic City. Sale was easy enough as I knew what I wanted, they didn't have to sell me anything. Had a LOT of warranty work done there already. Would I recommend them? 50/50. Would I buy from them again? Probably not since I won't be getting another Triumph. They matched my quote from St Pete and that saved me a 2 hour drive. Otherwise I would have gone to St Pete.

I wouldn't really be concerned where you buy from, but rather where you will get warranty work done. Are you doing to drive back to St Pete each time you need something fixed? Would have been a weekly trip for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #20052
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Finally got around to installing the HyperPro shock. I was dreading it but it wasn't that bad. You just had to have an assortment of tools.

I also installed some raising links (+1 inch) while I was at it to save wear and tear on my boot toes in the turns. No problem for the side stand. In case you wanted to see the difference in links.

I took the bike for a short test ride today. Very interesting and hard to describe. It felt like I had new tires, very fluid. The ride didn't seem as harsh. I'm 250lbs geared up and I think I was over taxing my stock shock. I also ordered some progressive fork springs & 10W oil from the same place so now I need to get those installed pronto.

I went ahead and removed the rear tire for the install to give me some extra room and that was when I noticed my rear brake pads, WHOA. The outboard pad is a little thin. Ordered some new pads tonight.

Straight rate spring or progressive? I added the Hyperpro spring kit in mine and that has helped a lot but eventually I want better suspension. One of those was on my list of options. Worth the buy?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #20053
CaptMako
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
Paid $12,300 OTD on my 2013 800XC at Magic City. Sale was easy enough as I knew what I wanted, they didn't have to sell me anything. Had a LOT of warranty work done there already. Would I recommend them? 50/50. Would I buy from them again? Probably not since I won't be getting another Triumph. They matched my quote from St Pete and that saved me a 2 hour drive. Otherwise I would have gone to St Pete.

I wouldn't really be concerned where you buy from, but rather where you will get warranty work done. Are you doing to drive back to St Pete each time you need something fixed? Would have been a weekly trip for me.
Thanks for the input Cory1848. I am very close to Daytona BMW/Triumph. Who, as you probably know, own Magic City, too. I ride a BMW now and will not publicly dog them, but let's say I don't care for them. Point taken on proximity to me here in New Smyrna Beach relative St. Pete. I'll see what St. Pete allows and if I can snag a good deal on a Tiger 800 ABS then I'll check to see what Magic City could do. Oh, I looked at the XC, too, but I rarely do any dirting much anymore. Cory1848 - you happy with your bike as you indicate
you wouldn't buy another Triumph?

CaptMako screwed with this post 04-24-2014 at 08:16 AM
CaptMako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #20054
Crab bait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:

Looks good! Lots of fun getting the stock shock out isn't it? I thought I was going to have to remove the reservoir to do it.
Crab bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #20055
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMako View Post
Thanks for the input Cory1848. I am very close to Daytona BMW/Triumph. Who, as you probably know, own Magic City, too. I ride a BMW now and will not publicly dog them, but let's say I don't care for them. Point taken on proximity to me here in New Smyrna Beach relative St. Pete. I'll see what St. Pete allows and if I can snag a good deal on a Tiger 800 ABS then I'll check to see what Magic City could do. Oh, I looked at the XC, too, but I rarely do any dirting much anymore. Cory1848 - you happy with your bike as you indicate
you wouldn't buy another Triumph?
Let me just say there are a number of post where I bitch about it...lol.

Without any problems, it is a great bike. Fits me well, love the seating position. Rides well, plenty of power for what I need. 2-up is comfortable. Overall great bike. My issues are with quality control. I have had more warranty work billed out to Triumph than the bike is worth. New engine cases for a leaky engine, tires and front end work to try and solve a bouncing front end, fuel pump/gauge issues, and the list goes on. I have 8k on it now and I am now finally able to enjoy it, but it has already soured me. I have owed it for a year, and once the warranty is up in another year, I will probably look for something else.

If I had not experienced any of the issues I have had, I would be recommending this bike like most others have. Guess I got a lemon. If Florida had a lemon law for bikes, it would have been gone long ago. I like the dual sport aspect of it and that is why I really went with it. I never considered the roadie as if I were to go in that direction, I would have bought a sport touring bike.

I don't care for the Daytona shop either. They wouldn't give me the time of day when I went looking to buy. Too busy to talk to me even with no customers in the building.

Check out http://www.mcenthusiasts.com/ as well.

They were a very close second on my dealer choice. Didn't have the XC in stock when I was ready and I wasn't patient enough to wait.