Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #20041
jpr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrider1970 View Post
Thanks Jpr. The bike is white and I know how you hate white :)
FYI, If your in the area maybe you can go over and check on MY little kitty

1) Zimmerman Auto Brokers,*Inc.
2) 1052760506
3) 2400 NW 36th Street Miami, FL 33142
Dirtrider: sure, I can swing by and check it out for you. I'll check if they are open tomorrow as during the week it is very hard for me because of work.

One thing though, I would not wire transfer the money. Give them a down payment and the rest in cash when you come to pick it up. Also, ask them for the vin and run a report just to make sure it is not stolen or crashed.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #20042
Dirtrider1970
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr View Post
Dirtrider: sure, I can swing by and check it out for you. I'll check if they are open tomorrow as during the week it is very hard for me because of work.

One thing though, I would not wire transfer the money. Give them a down payment and the rest in cash when you come to pick it up. Also, ask them for the vin and run a report just to make sure it is not stolen or crashed.
Thanks that would be great if you could check on it,Yes I was thinking that also,I just wired $500.00 deposit to hold while he was getting clear title
Dirtrider1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #20043
Meteos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrider1970 View Post
Thanks that would be great if you could check on it,Yes I was thinking that also,I just wired $500.00 deposit to hold while he was getting clear title
I can help you check it out too if you need. I loathe, I mean, live in Miami too.
Meteos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #20044
Dirtrider1970
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
I can help you check it out too if you need. I loathe, I mean, live in Miami too.
That would be great, if it's not a pain in the A
Dirtrider1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #20045
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,058
Okay question for the masses. I know brake pads and many other wearable parts require a proper bedding in for proper life span. Does a clutch require a proper bedding in? My dealership delivered the bike with the clutch so far out of adjustment that I smelt a burning smell and it slipped 2k rpm on the highway. That was when I realized it was the clutch when it went from 4k to 6k rpm instantly while trying to accelerate on the highway. It was like this for its first 30 miles on the bike. Can I expect problems latter in its life? I got it properly adjusted when I got home and actually locked the thumb wheel in place.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #20046
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Okay question for the masses. I know brake pads and many other wearable parts require a proper bedding in for proper life span. Does a clutch require a proper bedding in? My dealership delivered the bike with the clutch so far out of adjustment that I smelt a burning smell and it slipped 2k rpm on the highway. That was when I realized it was the clutch when it went from 4k to 6k rpm instantly while trying to accelerate on the highway. It was like this for its first 30 miles on the bike. Can I expect problems latter in its life? I got it properly adjusted when I got home and actually locked the thumb wheel in place.
It was only slipping when you were aggresively accelerating so in 30 miles I wouldn't expect much wear. probably no worse than you're going to do slipping the clutch while riding off road etc. As long as it's adjusted properly now I would give it another thought. I would be taking it up with the dealer though and having them ream out whoever set the bike up and make a note that you had concerns about the clutch the way it was delivered. That way if the clutch should die a sudden death at least you've documented it with them. I've done way worse to my clutch just riding on trails. Motorcycle clutches are designed to slip, you slip them while doing slow speed maneuvers, while riding off road to control wheel spin etc., some slipping is normal while doing maneuvers, but constant slipping is what will wear out a clutch. Sounds like yours was only slipping while giving it a bunch of gas so it should be OK.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #20047
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,058
On the highway was the only place I actually saw the rpms jump. The whole day I had a burnt smell. At first I just chalked it up to preservatives and coating cooking off a new motor. I am going to call them dealership tomorrow. Closed on Mondays.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #20048
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

Oddometer: 1,629
There was discussion somewhere about the fuel guage accuracy in regards to the "Miles to Empty" reading.

I got real world experience with it this weekend

Every question regarding the issue is answered in the following two photos:

And it read "0" for at least a mile.
ElJefeATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #20049
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
There was discussion somewhere about the fuel guage accuracy in regards to the "Miles to Empty" reading.

I got real world experience with it this weekend

It can be fooled.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #20050
TufelHunden
Recovering A-hole

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
I dont know if Triumph has the same design issues but the clutch on my BMW was toast at 8000 miles (I know big surprise to some of you). Turns out that model (K 1300S) is known to have clutch alignment issues coming from the factory. BMW totally took care of it with no argument at all so good on the customer service anyway. Might just chat with a couple of different dealerships to confirm they havent seen any similar issues.
TufelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #20051
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
It can be fooled.
More information?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #20052
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
And it read "0" for at least a mile.
After 0 it eventually goes to "---"

I rode like that for ~10mi before getting gas. Put in like 4.7gal if I recall
Old 04-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #20053
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
After 0 it eventually goes to "---"

I rode like that for ~10mi before getting gas. Put in like 4.7gal if I recall
Mine did that before "0". The last number I remember before 0 was 8.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #20054
Rubberlegs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
How do you bleed a clutch cable?

I doubt you smelled a wet clutch burning. If you did, your oil would smell burnt and be VERY dark.

You were probably smelling the cat. It makes a funny smell at first.
Rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #20055
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Stealth Roadie Fender.

I finally got around to spraying my front Roadie fender with black mat PlastiDip.

It was pretty easy to work with. Actually goes on like spray paint. I put about 4 light coats on it for coverage. 30 minutes between coats and a final 4 hours before use.

I didn't plan on spraying the underbelly of the fender since you wouldn't be able to see it. But the next day I noticed some white edges underneath the fender I had missed so I went ahead and shot the whole thing. The top of the fender took one can to complete.

I removed the double hose clip because it was moving around in the hole. I figured that would cause some problems with the flexible finish. I just spray painted over the others.

It does have a very subtle texture to it. It matches the molded fork covers very well. Now begins the durability tests.

Vzuke screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 09:46 PM Reason: additions
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote