Keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #452
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom
Well, I guess you took that a bit hard

Nah, just lashing out because I am hearing rumors that The Tiger might not be revealed tomorrow....I tend to go nuclear in a hurry about some things.

Well, that and I have been watching alot of "Top Gear" lately.....Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words...it's inspiring....
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #453
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm
I don't know...I can't see anything as badass as the Tiger communicating itself as a gay unicorn.

Sounds to me like we have our first false prophet. What say the Book of Tiger of this?

Book of The Tiger, Chapter two, Verses nine to twenty-one.

"And Saint Bloor raised the The Tiger up on high, saying, 'O bless this Tiger, that, with it, Thou mayest blow lesser bikes to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And The Tiger did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and unicorns and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--"

um...I'm going to skip a bit here...

"And then Saint Bloor spake, saying, 'First shalt thou create The Tiger. Then thou shall give it righteous kit. Then, shalt thou make the cylinders to number three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt have, and the number of the cylinders shall be three. Four shalt thou not have, nor either have thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, steer The Tiger towards each road and trail, that, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #454
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload
Wow....

It's impressive how three relative "noobs" have chosen this thread to demonstrate their keen wit......well, half of it, at any rate.

It's simply staggering to bear witness to such incredible creativity.

It's amazing how you wield your astounding intellects.

Your use of innuendo and sly reference is truly masterful.

Displaying that level of lameness takes some real bravado.

Well done, we're all in awe.

Back to the Hardcore thread, bearers of false witness, or The Tiger shall smite thee with great fury!
Sounds like mission accomplished.

Next!
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #455
Mojo34
Mill Valley boy

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Nah, just lashing out because I am hearing rumors that The Tiger might not be revealed tomorrow....I tend to go nuclear in a hurry about some things.
In any case, if you are watching the countdown on the Triumphadventure.com site, that 4th box is displaying some of the most creative counting I've ever seen!! Seems that the counter passed "0" and is now moving the release time farther and farther back!

Mojo34 screwed with this post 10-06-2010 at 01:50 AM
Mojo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #456
thephantom
Two-wheeled wanderer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo34
In any case, if you are watching the countdown on the Triumphadventure.com site, that 4th box is displaying some of the most creative counting I've ever seen!! Seems that the counter passed "0" and is now moving the release time farther and farther back!
Now you are showing your ignorance about the Tiger 800's time travel capabilities Although it's no so much a case of making us travel through time, it's more a case of changing the nature of time itself

However, we have been blessed as the clothing & accessories video is now available. The flux capacitor isn't mentioned, but I take this as a sign it's an integral part of the design and can therefore be "taken as read".
thephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #457
thephantom
Two-wheeled wanderer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
That's fair enough, I personally found the news that the bike to end all bikes would not be publicly aired at INTERMOT a bit like being told that it was a mix up and you aren't winning a nobel peace prize after all.

So I can see where you're coming from.
thephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #458
K1W1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:
"And Saint Bloor raised the The Tiger up on high,
I believe that Saint Bloor has been in contact with the Prophet Jobs and that the two of them have decided that the iTiger 800 will only function correctly if it is connected overnight to iTunes. Owners will will required to regularly update their iTiger Off Road or iTiger Touring app for optimal performance. The iTiger Communting and iTiger Pretender apps will be region encoded and only available in Metro Sydney, Los Angeles and Burndi (the last for a limited period during the filming of "i'm doing this ride for the money so I can get another perfume commercial contract".
K1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #459
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1
I believe that Saint Bloor has been in contact with the Prophet Jobs and that the two of them have decided that the iTiger 800 will only function correctly if it is connected overnight to iTunes. Owners will will required to regularly update their iTiger Off Road or iTiger Touring app for optimal performance. The iTiger Communting and iTiger Pretender apps will be region encoded and only available in Metro Sydney, Los Angeles and Burndi (the last for a limited period during the filming of "i'm doing this ride for the money so I can get another perfume commercial contract".
Bastards!

Oh well, at least he didn't contact Gates. Going with Jobs was a good play, as that means The Tiger won't crash all the time.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #460
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1

Does this mean Triumph Tiger 800 DS owners will have to act superior to all other human beings, wear Birkenstocks and "Che" T-shirts, carry Kindles, and drink very effeminate coffee mixes?

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #461
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
Does this mean Triumph Tiger 800 DS owners will have to act superior to all other human beings, wear Birkenstocks and "Che" T-shirts, carry Kindles, and drink very effeminate coffee mixes?
When something like the Tiger allows you to own it, then you won't have to act superior, you'll be superior to all other human beings. After all, they're not chosen ones.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #462
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,440
Triumph corporate has changed their collective mind, and decided to not release the new Tiger. Too much competition with the Tenere and poor economy. They have decided to just put one in a crate with holes in it and charge folks to look.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #463
ganze
apocalyptic defender

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
I don't know...I can't see anything as badass as the Tiger communicating itself as a gay unicorn.

Sounds to me like we have our first false prophet. What say the Book of Tiger of this?
hey, don't shoot the messenger.

just relaying what I heard from "the Big Ideas" podcast.

some unicorns are cool, I guess.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #464
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganze
hey, don't shoot the messenger.

just relaying what I heard from "the Big Ideas" podcast.

some unicorns are cool, I guess.
I'm not referring to you as the false prophet, I'm saying that a bike that tries to pass itself off as inspiration for the Tiger, yet is in reality a unicorn, has nothing to do with the Tiger at all, and is false. It's like saying that Chuck Norris learned all of his moves by staring at tulips.

Tulips have nothing to do with Chuck Norris, just like unicorns have nothing to do with the Tiger.

Maybe I should've said 'false idol' instead.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #465
ganze
apocalyptic defender

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
I'm not referring to you as the false prophet, I'm saying that a bike that tries to pass itself off as inspiration for the Tiger, yet is in reality a unicorn, has nothing to do with the Tiger at all, and is false. It's like saying that Chuck Norris learned all of his moves by staring at tulips.

Tulips have nothing to do with Chuck Norris, just like unicorns have nothing to do with the Tiger.

Maybe I should've said 'false idol' instead.
Sage observation. I think I might agree with you. The tiger is nothing like a unicorn. Nor is it anything like a tulip. I would also put bunnies and pee wee herman in the category of things that are not like the tiger. I think I found a new way of meditating on the greatness of the tiger: things that it is not like.

thank you for this new method of anticipation. the false idol was thwarted with true truth.