Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #5086
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,404
The black with the dark frame looks pretty bad ass, I like it.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:12 AM   #5087
Jccc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,844
It looks the US gets the silver frame and most of Europe gets the black frame.

That black frame does look sweet though!

HV Tag-o-Rama Grab Map
Jccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #5088
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I believe all Tiger 800's made after April 1st get the charcoal frame. What I haven't figured out yet is where the line is for the 2011 to 2012 change. (Think it was April 1st, might have been March 1st.) Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #5089
Birdy68
Scared, but wants to

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducken View Post
I believe all Tiger 800's made after April 1st get the charcoal frame. What I haven't figured out yet is where the line is for the 2011 to 2012 change. (Think it was April 1st, might have been March 1st.) Ken
While at the dealer yesterday - they call ALL NEW deliveries (black frame) 'Second Series' - that's apparently what they are 'titled' within the Triumph/Dealer databases... But that's only what I'm speculating.
I just know that they said - QUOTE:
"We had a delivery of a set of Second Series a few days ago."

Just my tuppence worth.
Birdy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #5090
Daytonacharlie
2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
My White XC ABS supposedly shipped last Friday. Due at my dealer today, or Thursday. I still have not got a VIN or anything. Just a bunch of promises.

That's good to hear... at least it's something. Maybe they'll **** up and actually deliver on their promises, I hope so. Good luck.

dc
Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #5091
RaY YreKa
Palanquins RTW

Oddometer: 16,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmunson View Post
Picked up my bike this morning, wow! My mind grapes are blown
Mind grapes?
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #5092
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonacharlie View Post
That's good to hear... at least it's something. Maybe they'll **** up and actually deliver on their promises,
I hope so. Good luck.
dc
Are you implying Triumph have not delivered? Read up pal ... looks to me like about 90% of those waiting here have got their bikes ... and some BEFORE the promised date. Everyday we see posts of bikes available on the floor for anyone who's got the money.

I give Triumph a solid A on this. Bikes are being delivered world wide, everyday. Read the thread.

You must be mixing Triumph up with Yamaha ... who've just pushed delivery of the new 1200 Super Tenere' until November. And some "insiders" say even that date is a pipe dream due to unforeseen events in Japan. (like 26,000 people dead)

I imagine the thousands of folks who've got deposits down might be getting a bit antsy about this about now.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #5093
Daytonacharlie
2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Are you implying Triumph have not delivered? Read up pal ... looks to me like about 90% of those waiting here have got their bikes ... and some BEFORE the promised date. Everyday we see posts of bikes available on the floor for anyone who's got the money.

Grif, You're right... I should have said Rob's dealer might actually deliver on time. My bad. It does look like Triumph is doing an excellent job of delivering 800's on time and that Rob's experience is isolated to that one dealer.

dc

Daytonacharlie screwed with this post 04-27-2011 at 10:56 AM
Daytonacharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #5094
Evomx971
Wave as you fly over

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Well I don't have pics of my new bike...it's 3 weeks old and has done almost 3000km.....
So here some pics of my 'old' bike.....
All during last weekends ride through the Eifel/Mosel area.

Hey Burgerking, what rear rack plate is that???
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #5095
wanderlost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Pissed Delivery process

At least for those of us on the west coast Triumph is neither prompt nor forthcoming with expected delivery dates. It would seem that once the bike was on a boat they could reasonably anticipate a delivery time give or take a week. Instead we get silence, no bikes, no updates and ongoing frustration.

I wish I had kept my street triple for another year and waited to pick up a used Tiger 800 next year.

Paul
wanderlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #5096
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonacharlie View Post
Grif, You're right... I should have said Rob's dealer might actually deliver on time. My bad. It does look like Triumph is doing an excellent job of delivering 800's on time and that Rob's experience is isolated to that one dealer.

Nope, you were right in the first place. I already have my bike (albeit not the one I ordered) and I still think the way Triumph has handled the preorder process has been a complete clusterfuck.

First of all, no 800s have been delivered on time. Initially we all thought we'd be getting our bikes in March or early April. Hardly anyone got one before mid-April. They're only now, in late April, getting into the hands of more customers.

Second of all, the vast majority of the bikes being delivered are white ones. Most people who ordered black, orange, or venom yellow still don't have their bikes. Most orange ones have apparently been pushed back to June or July.

Third, there are many reports of dealers having unsold Tigers on their sales floor while preorder customers like Rob still don't have their bikes. Technically this is not Triumph's fault -- the responsibility lies with the dealers who cheated the system by making up fake preorders in order to get early floor stock -- but Triumph should have confirmed all preorders with the customers themselves.

And finally, Triumph's communication during the preorder process was absolutely nonexistent. I never got so much as a confirmation email or a thank-you for preordering. My dealer couldn't get any meaningful information out of them either. Neither of us knew for sure that my bike would arrive when I needed it until the day before it showed up, when Triumph finally sent the VIN number and shipping confirmation.

And in Rob's case, the problem does not lie with his dealer (unless they forgot to submit his preorder). It's not like the dealer got Rob's bike in and sold it to someone else. Dealers have absolutely zero control over when they get a bike in. It's all up to Triumph fulfilling the orders, which in this case they've failed miserably to do.

I love the bike, and I still like Triumph as a company overall, but I will NEVER preorder another bike from them.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 29-31, 2015
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #5097
Evomx971
Wave as you fly over

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Touratech

Thanks... very, very nice looking rack. I've got an idea for making something of my own (will share if it works out).

Can you tell me the basic dimensions of your Touratech rack for reference?
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #5098
sreynard
noob

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
nope, you were right in the first place. I already have my bike (albeit not the one i ordered) and i still think the way triumph has handled the preorder process has been a complete clusterfuck.

First of all, no 800s have been delivered on time. Initially we all thought we'd be getting our bikes in march or early april. Hardly anyone got one before mid-april. They're only now, in late april, getting into the hands of more customers.

Second of all, the vast majority of the bikes being delivered are white ones. Most people who ordered black, orange, or venom yellow still don't have their bikes. Most orange ones have apparently been pushed back to june or july.

Third, there are many reports of dealers having unsold tigers on their sales floor while preorder customers like rob still don't have their bikes. Technically this is not triumph's fault -- the responsibility lies with the dealers who cheated the system by making up fake preorders in order to get early floor stock -- but triumph should have confirmed all preorders with the customers themselves.

And finally, triumph's communication during the preorder process was absolutely nonexistent. I never got so much as a confirmation email or a thank-you for preordering. My dealer couldn't get any meaningful information out of them either. Neither of us knew for sure that my bike would arrive when i needed it until the day before it showed up, when triumph finally sent the vin number and shipping confirmation.

And in rob's case, the problem does not lie with his dealer (unless they forgot to submit his preorder). It's not like the dealer got rob's bike in and sold it to someone else. Dealers have absolutely zero control over when they get a bike in. It's all up to triumph fulfilling the orders, which in this case they've failed miserably to do.

I love the bike, and i still like triumph as a company overall, but i will never preorder another bike from them.

--mark
+1
sreynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #5099
WormShanks
b00b

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
Nope, you were right in the first place. I already have my bike (albeit not the one I ordered) and I still think the way Triumph has handled the preorder process has been a complete clusterfuck.
It's not like we're talking about kidney transplants, it's a bike. What's a few weeks here or there or a different color than you hoped for? Too funny.

My order evaporated when the only dealer in the state quit carrying Triumph. Without local support, especially for a first year unproven new model, I'm out for now. Oh well, it's just a toy. I'll live.

Ridden: AF AM AW AU AT AZ BS BH BD BB BY BW BV BR IO BN BG BF BI KH CM CA CZ DK SV GQ ER EE ET FK GI GR GP VA HN HK HU IS IN ID IR IQ KI KP KG LA LV LB LU NR NP NL AN NC NZ NI NE NO OM PK PR QA RE RO RU RW LC VC WS SM ST TM TC TV UG UA AE GB US UY UZ VU YE
WormShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #5100
PaulSF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Ditto, what MarkVT said ... No "A" for Triumph in USA deliveries. It has been a complete disaster.

PaulSF screwed with this post 04-27-2011 at 11:54 AM
PaulSF is offline   Reply With Quote