Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #5791
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer: 1,716
Has anyone cared to weigh their new bikes with a full tank yet?
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #5792
AK Oldman
WANDRN

Oddometer: 243
Remus has both a carbon fiber and titanium finished slip-ons for the 800. Price for either is $739.00.

Remus Slip-on

AK Oldman screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 08:46 PM
AK Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #5793
bug67
Hazard Avoidance

Oddometer: 718
What is this?

And how come I'm not observant enough to notice it until my 5th fill up? Talking about the curvy, white plastic thing inside the fuel filler neck. Do they all do that? I poked at it and it seems solidly mounted so, I'm not too concerned. It has electricals connected to it so, I'm assuming it's the level sensor or such? Its position in the tank would answer why they put the bars in the filler neck. I'm just surprised I just noticed it after the 5th fill-up.

Check it out: http://www.vegetablesandwich.com
"If you are going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
bug67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #5794
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
And how come I'm not observant enough to notice it until my 5th fill up? Talking about the curvy, white plastic thing inside the fuel filler neck. Do they all do that? I poked at it and it seems solidly mounted so, I'm not too concerned. It has electricals connected to it so, I'm assuming it's the level sensor or such? Its position in the tank would answer why they put the bars in the filler neck. I'm just surprised I just noticed it after the 5th fill-up.

Earlier speculation in this very thread reports it to be the fuel pump.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #5795
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Oldman View Post
Remus has both a carbon fiber and titanium finished slip-ons for the $800. Price for either is $739.00.

Remus Slip-on
Looks like prices for everything have gone up quite a bit! Here are some of the pipes for the Tiger 1050 ... still a bit less than $800.

http://www.remususa.com/epages/remus...1050_PowerCone

http://www.remususa.com/epages/remus...050_Revolution
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #5796
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
or better yet Staintune or even Scorpion (since their UK it's kinda of a given)
those 2 are stainless and sealed packing for life.
Both are super good quality .... the Staintune is quite heavy, not sure about the Scorpion. The Remus Ti pipes on my Vstrom took off a measured 18 lbs. (twin pipe ... so 9 lbs. per side) Titanium wool and mesh stays in for life ... no repacking, ever. Really nice sound. The best thing is they never get hot. Truly luggage/pillion safe. I put 80K miles on my Remus Ti's. Good product.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #5797
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
Triumph Demo Days in Akron, Ohio tomorrow. I finally get to try the Tiger 800 XC along with all their other models. Can't wait!

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #5798
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,531
800 for sale in the Flea Market!:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689225

CA Stu screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 03:45 PM
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #5799
Masi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobIAm View Post
Have the injectors been swapped out?
Actually I'm not 100% sure if the injectors were replaced.
I took it home and tried to ride it as smooth as possible...

I'm still waiting for the ECU replacement since getting a new bike with that kind of symptoms one really want's everything to be done to get the problem fixed
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #5800
PaulSF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post

Not an XC - A standard 800 road bike ...
PaulSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #5801
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Not an XC but a good buy.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #5802
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,500
Order placed.

Well I just sold my Scrambler and put a deposit down for an XC in black, of course.
This thread has been informative and helped the decision knowing that there has been very little wrong with these bikes so far.
I look forward to taking a more active roll in the thread once I get mine and give it some welly.

blacktiger screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 01:05 PM
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #5803
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,574
Overheating Problem

I haven't posted here about my overheating problem on my T800R and thought I'd share. I seem to be the only one that's had a problem.

It actually lost some coolant from the overflow tank the first day I rode it home from the dealer but I just figured they had over filled the system. I mentioned it to the dealer the next day though and they were in agreement that it was probably over filled. I put a couple hundred miles on it that week but never really rode very far and stuck to the backroads and it was fine. A week after I had purchased it I took off early and headed for a couple hundred mile ride. About 60 miles into my ride I noticed the temp gauge rising and then when I stopped for a light the temp light came on. The light turned green shortly after and as soon as I took off the temp came back down so I continued on though a bit concerned. I quickly found out that if I exceeded 4000 rpm's in 6th gear it would start to overheat but if I held it at 4000 or under it would stay one bar above normal so I limped it back to my dealer and had them check it out while I waited. I noticed that when it did overheat the fan would run but the radiator was cool to the touch indicating no coolant flow so I thought maybe it had a big air bubble in the system. So they added some fluid, it didn't take much, let it idle in the shop through several cycles of the cooling fan and everything checked out normal. Twenty miles into my way home running about 72 mph the temp gauge rises rapidly and the light comes on. Well I'm pretty pissed off now and limp it home keeping the rpm's below 4K and avoid getting run over on the interstate. My dealer picked it up last Tuesday (5/10) and as yesterday (5/18) had checked the radiator cap and thermostat and both tested fine. As with all warranty issues they have to notify Triumph and wait for directions on how to proceed and what to replace. They claim to have notified Triumph on 5/11 and as of yesterday had not received a response on how to proceed.

Needless to say I'm not the patient type and I'm getting pissed off with everyday that passes and I don't have my Tiger that I just spent over $11K on. It's actually good that I haven't heard of anyone else that has experienced this problem, I just seem to be the unlucky one. This is my first ever Triumph and it's not a good way to start.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #5804
docsherlock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I haven't posted here about my overheating problem on my T800R and thought I'd share. I seem to be the only one that's had a problem.

It actually lost some coolant from the overflow tank the first day I rode it home from the dealer but I just figured they had over filled the system. I mentioned it to the dealer the next day though and they were in agreement that it was probably over filled. I put a couple hundred miles on it that week but never really rode very far and stuck to the backroads and it was fine. A week after I had purchased it I took off early and headed for a couple hundred mile ride. About 60 miles into my ride I noticed the temp gauge rising and then when I stopped for a light the temp light came on. The light turned green shortly after and as soon as I took off the temp came back down so I continued on though a bit concerned. I quickly found out that if I exceeded 4000 rpm's in 6th gear it would start to overheat but if I held it at 4000 or under it would stay one bar above normal so I limped it back to my dealer and had them check it out while I waited. I noticed that when it did overheat the fan would run but the radiator was cool to the touch indicating no coolant flow so I thought maybe it had a big air bubble in the system. So they added some fluid, it didn't take much, let it idle in the shop through several cycles of the cooling fan and everything checked out normal. Twenty miles into my way home running about 72 mph the temp gauge rises rapidly and the light comes on. Well I'm pretty pissed off now and limp it home keeping the rpm's below 4K and avoid getting run over on the interstate. My dealer picked it up last Tuesday (5/10) and as yesterday (5/18) had checked the radiator cap and thermostat and both tested fine. As with all warranty issues they have to notify Triumph and wait for directions on how to proceed and what to replace. They claim to have notified Triumph on 5/11 and as of yesterday had not received a response on how to proceed.

Needless to say I'm not the patient type and I'm getting pissed off with everyday that passes and I don't have my Tiger that I just spent over $11K on. It's actually good that I haven't heard of anyone else that has experienced this problem, I just seem to be the unlucky one. This is my first ever Triumph and it's not a good way to start.
One presumes they have checked the water pump? Is the thermostat fitted the right way round? I'd be pretty pissed as well - this should not be a difficult problem to solve.
docsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #5805
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,518
Agreed - I don't understand what the shop needs guidance for. Don't they know how to diagnose things on their own? Sounds like maybe a failed water pump or perhaps a blockage in the radiator.