Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #5926
Evomx971
Planning Next Ride

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkt View Post
So after a little offroad on the new tiger, I have come to the same consensus that others on this forum have mentioned. That center stand has got to shut the *F* up . It slaps far to much. One of the inmates mentioned using a large earth magnet, has anyone tried this yet?
I don't have my centerstand yet, but based on everyone's feedback, it sure doesn't seem like the best of Triumph's accessory catalog. Granted, off road is a tough environment for any centerstand. Without having it yet, the approach I was going to take was to see if I could rig a rubber strap to hold it up tight, maybe similar to how KTM has for the kickstand on their off road bikes.

Would someone that already has the centerstand on their Tiger be willing to post a picture of what it looks like in the "UP" position from both the left and right sides?
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663

Evomx971 screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 03:40 PM
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #5927
thumper_tx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
After waiting 3 months with 3 promised ship dates and still no orange bike.I have canceled my order. With 2012 bikes already on the road it makes no sense to pay for a 2011.
My dealer says he knows nothing about the 2012 bikes being out. Pointed him to this thread and he was surprised. He has worked hard to get my bike in. The rep told him to have me just take a white one.
Stick in your ass Triumph. I will have a Beemer......thank you very much.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #5928
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_tx View Post
After waiting 3 months with 3 promised ship dates and still no orange bike.I have canceled my order. With 2012 bikes already on the road it makes no sense to pay for a 2011.
My dealer says he knows nothing about the 2012 bikes being out. Pointed him to this thread and he was surprised. He has worked hard to get my bike in. The rep told him to have me just take a white one.
I got my 2012, silver framed XC yesterday...
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #5929
forkt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
center stand

@EvoMx, I'll post some up as soon as I get home tonight so you can see it clearly.

I was thinking of maybe a velcro strap but I think I like your KTM rubber idea better
forkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #5930
hobieorris
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
No cable modifications at all.

Did not see a product #

"ROX Handle Bar Adjustable / Pivoting Risers for 1 1/8" by 1 1/8" (28mm) Handle Bars, 2 inch Rise" - (the Rox product description)
I moved the cables. There was a slight kink in the throttle cable, plus some rubbing of the cables on the tank. This makes things a little looser. I also replaced the clamp holding the brake line to the fork since the original one is glued in place and is now 1" too high.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #5931
kstall20
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Talking Triumph Tiger Panniers?

Just got my Tiger in yesterday... clocked 72 miles after work today and still have a shit-eating grin embedded on my face... (and surprisingly I don't have a monkey ass or cowboy strut)

Wondering if any of you have suggestions for Panniers. I was looking at the Triumph Tiger 2 Box Saddlebag system which is reasonably priced...but I am concerned about their plastic construction. I plan on doing some rough riding and I am not sure they could withstand an off road "nap". Suggestions anyone?
kstall20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #5932
Smellyhound
Happy Wanderer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
I had heard from a dealer that some of the larger dealers were putting in fake orders, in order to get more bikes. The smaller dealerships were having a lot of trouble getting any in stock. The gent I spoke to had 3 shipped and orders in for another 10, but no bikes to be found (2011).He suggested ordering a 2012, as he more than likely wouldnt be able to find a 2011. Just like all the other "Must haves" that everybody swarms in for, I shall wait until the circus is over, and either find a used one or get what I want new in a timely fashion. Im not in THAT big of a hurry to get one.. I'll live.
-Peterman-
Smellyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #5933
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellyhound View Post
I had heard from a dealer that some of the larger dealers were putting in fake orders, in order to get more bikes. The smaller dealerships were having a lot of trouble getting any in stock. The gent I spoke to had 3 shipped and orders in for another 10, but no bikes to be found (2011).He suggested ordering a 2012, as he more than likely wouldnt be able to find a 2011. Just like all the other "Must haves" that everybody swarms in for, I shall wait until the circus is over, and either find a used one or get what I want new in a timely fashion. Im not in THAT big of a hurry to get one.. I'll live.
+1 with all that you said ........

Like I posted a few weeks ago, my local Triumph Dealer, were 1.) sold out of the spare 2 XCs, and also the 1 T800, and on their whiteboard was a number for all XCs coming in, at least it really looked that way. And that number was like 1000. That number could only refer to the PNW region, I don't know, but 1000 in total, would seem like a very, very, very, very small number split up within the CONUS.

Just my .02 cents, though I could definitely be wrong with the figures .....

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #5934
TriplePete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
where is this? Maybe look into risers for the bars...I know I would have to add them...

This is Carpenter Lake on the road between Seton Portage and Lillooet. Off the pavement in D'Arcy and back on in Lillooet.

The adventure starts when things stop going as planned.

http://fury.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
TriplePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #5935
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
That's a shame. I went to my local small dealership, test rode the demo XC, and had a brand new, 0 miles on the ODO 2012 black-framed road model 4 days later in my garage. They only had an XC in stock when I test rode it.

No preorder or anything.

I did make it easier for them by not specifying a color, but still...
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #5936
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Oh my! We're all shocked and saddened by your defection I'm sure.

Best of luck with your new BMW. I hope you will report back on how its working after a 10,000 miles or so. Be sure to read through all the trouble reports on the Parallel Universe forum. Hundreds of such posts there.
* (F800GS)

I'm with Smellyhound and Gfunk. No hurry here. I'll happily sit back and wait and go to school to learn everything Tiger 800XC that I can.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #5937
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Don't worry thumper_tx the 800GS is a good bike, Triumph wouldn't have copied it (even the faults!) if it wasn't a good bike!

I'm sure the 800XC is a good bike too, so untwist those knickers!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #5938
thumper_tx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:

Best of luck with your new BMW. I hope you will report back on how its working after a 10,000 miles or so. Be sure to read through all the trouble reports on the Parallel Universe forum. Hundreds of such posts there.
* (F800GS)

I'm with Smellyhound and Gfunk. No hurry here. I'll happily sit back and wait and go to school to learn everything Tiger 800XC that I can.
I do not recall in my post that it would be a GS800. Now that I have missed my planned vacation there is lots of time to decide. I still have another bike to ride. no stress here.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #5939
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,285
Quote:

* (F800GS)

Interesting you asked how the Beemer works after 10,000 miles....much better than the first 10,000 btw....
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #5940
wanderlost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Panniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstall20 View Post
Just got my Tiger in yesterday... clocked 72 miles after work today and still have a shit-eating grin embedded on my face... (and surprisingly I don't have a monkey ass or cowboy strut)

Wondering if any of you have suggestions for Panniers. I was looking at the Triumph Tiger 2 Box Saddlebag system which is reasonably priced...but I am concerned about their plastic construction. I plan on doing some rough riding and I am not sure they could withstand an off road "nap". Suggestions anyone?

I am considering the Caribou cases $805.00 total with frames and cases. Alternatively, I am looking at a Remus carbon Hexacone exhaust can ($790.00) which stays cool enough that I can throw over my soft bags. I like the idea of soft bags that are more narrow than hard cases with the wide spread for the exhaust.

I also am interested in lowering the exhaust and then having hard cases without the big gap for the exhaust. That would be narrow enough to be pleasing to the eye.

Glad to hear about any other ideas people have.

Paul
wanderlost is offline   Reply With Quote