Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #6001
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,380
How is that tank bag...does it get in the way when you stand on the pegs? Also, do you just detach it from the front and pull it back to fuel up?
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #6002
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
How is that tank bag...does it get in the way when you stand on the pegs? Also, do you just detach it from the front and pull it back to fuel up?

It rubs my stomach when I stand up. Nothing major, but I know it's there.

The tank bag has two clips at the front and a magnetic plate at the rear. I take it completely off when I refuel.

I don't like the tank bag for day rides. It's just too "in your face". For day rides I'm going to remove the hard bags, tank bag, and stick my Motofizz bag back on the tail.

There's probably better bags out there, but I've gotten use to it. It's light and holds everything I need. I especially like the bottle holders.

On the bike...

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot screwed with this post 05-27-2011 at 10:16 PM
thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #6003
soph9
Bike Addict

Thanks! Waterproofed or rain cover?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #6004
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Thanks! Waterproofed or rain cover?

Motofizz bag comes with a rain cover.

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #6005
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
That 800 road looks really good with the beak. When you say the bags, etc slowed the acceleration down, how much exactly? I would imagine the 800 would have plenty of power to handle bags and passenger with ease.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #6006
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Scotts Damper

I have a request for fellow ADV inmates: If you have any interest in a Scotts Damper mount for the Tiger 800XC, would you send Jake an e-mail stating just that? He said that they need to see the potential to eventually sell approximately 50 mounts to make it worth their while to spend the time to design / develop the mount for the Tiger. I'm a Scotts fan, have had them on several bikes. Don't need a firm commitment, just need a show of interest for them to proceed. Thanks! I have no connection to Scotts, just a desire to let them design their mount so I don't have to myself. Theirs will probably be cleaner than one I would come up with. His e-mail is jake@scottsperformance.com Thanks! Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #6007
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Radiator overflow tube

Just a heads up to Tiger 800 owners, in the process of removing my tank, I found the hose that connects the radiator filler neck to the overflow reservoir was touching the radiator fins near the overflow tank on the far right of the radiator. There are two molded in hooks / guides on the front edge of the black cover over the overflow tank, but my hose wasn't long enough to slip into them without kinking shut below them before connecting to the tank. I solved this by pulling the hose back far enough to loosely tie wrap the hose to the bike frame, keeping the hose away from the radiator. I'll take some pictures tomorrow to help clarify. Maybe of no importance to some, but having the hose rub on the radiator fins doesn't seem like a good thing long term to me. Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #6008
Dmarino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
How do you like the size of the panniers? If you could have two same sized (because of a different mount), would you get two 8" or two 10" for normal packing?
Two 10" unless i needed the bike to be 4" slimmer. The 8" is big and the 10" is huge.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #6009
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpilot View Post
Motofizz bag comes with a rain cover.

I meant the Triumph tank bag?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:00 AM   #6010
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,749
Triples section?

I just posted this to admin to see if we can have our own section.

Hi guys, blacktiger here.
I'm just about to take delivery of a Tiger800XC which is becoming really popular in its first year on sale. I was wondering if we could have a dedicated section for "Triples"? After all, there's a section for GSs, Parallel universe etc. I just don't want the tiger to have an enormous thread like the Triumph Scrambler has. Where questions and solutions get lost in the 11000 pages.
H the Train

It'd be good if some others on here could also post one to add some force. advmin@gmail.com

blacktiger screwed with this post 05-28-2011 at 05:06 AM
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #6011
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_tx View Post
The problem is with Triumph. They sent e-mail confirmations to the dealer with the vin and my name on the bike. 3 times! I simply want to know where that bike is at. No one seem to know and Triumph rep does not seem to care.
did not mean to offend anyone here. I still love the bike just hate being jerked around.
Call Triumph USA @ (678)854-2010. Pete is the customer service boss, but Scott can help too. I know how you feel & it's complete BS. It is worth the wait. I bet they can get you a white one
Old 05-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #6012
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Call Triumph USA @ (678)854-2010. Pete is the customer service boss, but Scott can help too. I know how you feel & it's complete BS. It is worth the wait. I bet they can get you a white one
Good luck with that I've been dealing with them all week and Pete will not return my phone calls. Bought my T800 April 29th, been in the shop since May 10th for a serious overheating problem. I want a new bike!
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #6013
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Good luck with that I've been dealing with them all week and Pete will not return my phone calls. Bought my T800 April 29th, been in the shop since May 10th for a serious overheating problem. I want a new bike!

Check the Ohio lemon law. You may be getting close to the timeframe where the law applies. Here is what I found out:

The Lemon Law in Ohio covers new cars, trucks, RV’s, ATV’s, motorcycles, and any other new motor vehicle.

The Lemon Law will cover you and it does not matter whether you purchased the vehicle or leased it.

Price does not matter. Whether your new lemon car is a Kia, Ford, Chrysler, GM, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Dodge, Lincoln, Saturn, Honda, Oldsmobile, a Ram pickup truck, a Lexus, a Land Rover, or a Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, or Maserati, the Ohio Lemon Law covers all consumer motor vehicles.

If, within the first 18,000 miles or the first year after delivery, your vehicle is in the shop three times for the same problem and it doesn’t get fixed, then it can be a lemon.

If your new car or new truck is in the shop for more than a total of 30 days during the first 18,000 miles of use or within the first year after the original sale date, then you have a lemon.

If you have more than eight different defects with the vehicle, which come up during the first 18,000 miles of use or within one year from the original date of sale, then you could have a lemon.

If you have a defect that is so serious that it is likely to cause an accident or someone to get hurt, and your dealer does not get it fixed on the very first attempt, you could have a lemon if it was within the first 18,000 miles or within one year after the original sale date.

Don’t fit one of the above definitions? That’s okay, the Federal Lemon Law can help you get rid of your lemon and get your money back.

But watch out for the ways the manufacturer will try to take advantage of you, even when you have a car or truck that is a lemon.

The Ohio Lemon Law does not allow the manufacturer to make any mileage deduction when they buy your car or truck back from you because it is a lemon. Still, you can be sure they will try. Be careful.

If you want your lemon new car to be replaced with one that runs right, the manufacturer is not allowed to charge you for the increase in the sticker price, either. Still, you can bet they will try. The same is true for a lemon truck.

It’s all negotiable! Manufacturers of motor vehicles do not build those new manufacturing plants by repurchasing your lemon car or truck. They do it by arguing with you about it. You can bet that they know their numbers. They know that if they argue with you, stall, or try to drag it out, that the odds are a lot of people will just give up. You don’t have to! When you get stuck with a lemon car or a lemon truck, we can help “unstick” you. Our job is to make the manufacturer take it back and either give you a new one or to give you back your money. Of course, they should also have to pay the legal costs involved in doing it.

Who are we? We are the only law firm in Ohio that has been suing car dealers and car manufacturers for over 30 years, making them take back lemon cars and lemon trucks and give people back their hard-earned money and replace their lemons with new cars and new trucks that run right.

Why do we do it? Because we enjoy making the legal system work right for people who purchased lemon cars and trucks that were built wrong.

Call the Burdge Law office at 1.888.331.6422 and let one of our attorneys handle the matter for you, or email us. You can also fill out our “Free Case Review” questionnaire.

Not from Ohio? Click here to find out what your State’s Lemon Law says. Find a Lemon Law Lawyer near you.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #6014
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_tx View Post
I spoke with the dealer at length today. He has worked very hard to get my bike in. This dealer has a stellar reputation and I have been doing business with them for 12 years or so. The problem is with Triumph. They sent e-mail confirmations to the dealer with the vin and my name on the bike. 3 times! I simply want to know where that bike is at. No one seem to know and Triumph rep does not seem to care.
Does not matter anyway as all the GS 800's are sold out too. I am gonna cool my heels and see what transpires in the next couple months as it is getting really hot early down here to ride.
did not mean to offend anyone here. I still love the bike just hate being jerked around.
....& I just walked into my local dealer & he had 2 800's (ABS) in the box + non ABS as demo. It was really simple process for me to buy what I wanted. This the 3rd bike I have bought from this dealer in FL & they have always been a pleasure to deal with. WHy not do a fly & ride it home deal. I considered going cross country to find a 800 Tiger & then ride it home...for $300 air ticket I could have bought a bike & had an adventure...just sayin
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #6015
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
....& I just walked into my local dealer & he had 2 800's (ABS) in the box + non ABS as demo. It was really simple process for me to buy what I wanted. This the 3rd bike I have bought from this dealer in FL & they have always been a pleasure to deal with. WHy not do a fly & ride it home deal. I considered going cross country to find a 800 Tiger & then ride it home...for $300 air ticket I could have bought a bike & had an adventure...just sayin
+1

Lots of folks are reporting unsold bikes on dealer floors around the country. Unless there is some reason to only buy from the local one (who can't seem to get a bike), why not have a nice fly-n-ride adventure? Great way to get to know the new scoot. Give your local dealer all the service/farkle business so they make a little $$ too. Everyone wins.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote