Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #6016
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Pick up my Black / ABS / XC today. Did get Triumph sidecases. Perfect - probably not. Adequate - most certainly. Came with "launch Pack" which included a bunch of other 'farkley' things at a 'package' price. I don't intend to do much, if any, 'single track' - But do go on some pretty primitive dirt roads on camping / fishing quests in my part of the world. (Western US & Canada) I'll give 'em a try and let ya know. One thing I am demanding on is water tight. But with the 'dry' bag liners - that shouldnt be a problem either. toodles, j
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #6017
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Comic Sans deleted for sanity.

Now, what sort of mount have you got going on for your top case? I am dying to get a top case mounted but it seems like Motech is dragging on getting their top rack to the U.S.

As requested (comic sans included) here's what I did for my Moose Expedition top case ($89.95) from any Parts Unlimited dealer. I had some 1/8" aluminum plate laying around so I cut a piece on the band saw, drilled some holes, installed some nut-serts and here it is.

'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #6018
Bad-Tat
800 XC

Oddometer: 123
Question 2012 Colors

Just got a call from Dlr that my Orange XC non ABS will not be Orange?? Only ABS in Orange for 2012. What is Triumph thinking???

Return call from DLR. Miscommunication with Rep. All is good. Orange on the way for mid Aug!!

1995 XR 650L, Tiger 800 XC, 72 Triumph T100R, 86 SRX 6, 05 FLSTSCI, 13 Vespa 300, 08 Versys, 14 Grom

Bad-Tat screwed with this post 05-27-2011 at 10:24 AM
Bad-Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #6019
when the road bends
hello

Oddometer: 466
hey jphish, I am in Seattle. Can you give me some details - when did you order, what farkles did you get, did you haggle? Most importantly, whats the frame color?

What dealer did you go to? my dealer up here has no info whatsover on accessorires, etc.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphish View Post
Pick up my Black / ABS / XC today. Did get Triumph sidecases. Perfect - probably not. Adequate - most certainly. Came with "launch Pack" which included a bunch of other 'farkley' things at a 'package' price. I don't intend to do much, if any, 'single track' - But do go on some pretty primitive dirt roads on camping / fishing quests in my part of the world. (Western US & Canada) I'll give 'em a try and let ya know. One thing I am demanding on is water tight. But with the 'dry' bag liners - that shouldnt be a problem either. toodles, j

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
when the road bends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #6020
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Tat View Post
Just got a call from Dlr that my Orange XC non ABS will not be Orange?? Only ABS in Orange for 2012. What is Triumph thinking???

Return call from DLR. Miscommunication with Rep. All is good. Orange on the way for mid Aug!!
So what is the scoop since that is what I am after and that is the timeline I was told also....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #6021
TAMPAJIM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldMan View Post
TampaJim,

I am 6'1 and getting killed by turbulence although I figure some of it can be blamed on my nolan n90 modular helmet which is noiser than I had hoped for. Does the windshield mount to already existing areas of the bike or does it require me to drill new ones to mount it?

Thanks, Im desperate for a solution and if anyone has any experience with it or other screens for a tall rider.
No modifications to the bike at all. Just unbolt the old shield, replace with the adaptor plate (flyscreen), bolt the madstad adjusters to that and mount the shield via four T-bolts. 15 minute job at most. Mine is set with the rake same as front forks and height at my mouth/nose level. Works great.

Know what you mean about noise. I forgot my earplugs when I first picked up my Tiger. That was a long 30 mile trip home.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #6022
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,884
Just goes to show how different we all are! I've never owned a bike that had an OEM screen that worked. At 6'1", 31" inseam, the xc screen is fine. I'll be looking for something better, but it's not bad for me!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #6023
TAMPAJIM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Just goes to show how different we all are! I've never owned a bike that had an OEM screen that worked. At 6'1", 31" inseam, the xc screen is fine. I'll be looking for something better, but it's not bad for me!
There are a lot of variables concerning windscreens; past experience, physical condition but mostly what kind of riding you do. I usually ride on paved rural roads at around 65mph for two of more hours, and I've been spoiled by some pretty good shielding systems, so the OEM Tiger screen really wore me out. Not so much the noise as I always wear ear plugs, but from the wind trying to pry my body from the bike.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #6024
GTMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_tx View Post
After waiting 3 months with 3 promised ship dates and still no orange bike.I have canceled my order. With 2012 bikes already on the road it makes no sense to pay for a 2011.
My dealer says he knows nothing about the 2012 bikes being out. Pointed him to this thread and he was surprised. He has worked hard to get my bike in. The rep told him to have me just take a white one.
Stick in your ass Triumph. I will have a Beemer......thank you very much.
Come on man. Don't give up on the Trumpet like that. The dealer obviously did not have a clue. The first dealer I visited could not pull up the specs, could not give me a delivery date, so I hauled ass to another dealer which is twice as far from my house. I got a demo ride and ordered my an XC on the spot, which should be a Black frame Orange 2012 model that will be delivered in a few weeks. Buying a beemer will not necessarily improve the your dealer experience.

Anyway, good luck. Hope it works out.
GTMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #6025
Harry Seaward
n00b

Oddometer: 9

Painted the inside of the wind screen along the trim line with r/c car paint
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #6026
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,685
Dealer emailed me to tell me that Triumph are not bringing in any more non-ABS models

WTF....

So, anybody know of an orange non-ABS at a dealer
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #6027
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Hey Folks - Did I read manual right ?? You can use 87 octane in these things ?? Surprising...but plesently. "Bend in the Road" - got mine at Tacoma (actually lakewood) triumph. Not a 'mixed dealership' - It's all they sell. I got a silver frame (2011) Black one. I actually didnt want a black frame (perhaps one of the few ?) the silver frame has nice contrast to black bike. Rode home in heavy traffic & hellascous hail storm. No room to play...yet
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #6028
jphish
Studly Adventurer

'Bend in the Road' - got: Tank bag, skid plate, engine guards, fog lamps, tall windscreen, low gel seat, centerstand, headlite protection, heated grips, side cases & inner bags. I don't haggle much - they're a small shop and have always treated me well over the years (have an 06' Girlie too) They dont always charge me for little things (ie; had tank off anyway so installed my Zumo cable - no xtra charge) I can get pretty quick service & I want them to stay in business. Relationship is important to me. Ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. TTFN, j
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #6029
Dmarino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Luggage! Quite impressed with the quality, thanks Sue. It's amazing how light the panniers are.

8 Cup holders

Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #6030
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphish View Post
Hey Folks - Did I read manual right ?? You can use 87 octane in these things ?? Surprising...but plesently. "Bend in the Road" - got mine at Tacoma (actually lakewood) triumph. Not a 'mixed dealership' - It's all they sell. I got a silver frame (2011) Black one. I actually didnt want a black frame (perhaps one of the few ?) the silver frame has nice contrast to black bike. Rode home in heavy traffic & hellascous hail storm. No room to play...yet
I'm a silver frame fan. I also have a black bike.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote