Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #6031
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Dealer emailed me to tell me that Triumph are not bringing in any more non-ABS models

WTF....

So, anybody know of an orange non-ABS at a dealer
Motorcycle Enthusiasts in Springhill Fl have Orange 2011 Demo without ABS Street version
Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #6032
when the road bends
hello

Oddometer: 465
jphish, thanks for the info! Glad you have a reliable dealer. Enjoy the new bike.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
when the road bends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #6033
thumper_tx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMan View Post
Come on man. Don't give up on the Trumpet like that. The dealer obviously did not have a clue. The first dealer I visited could not pull up the specs, could not give me a delivery date, so I hauled ass to another dealer which is twice as far from my house. I got a demo ride and ordered my an XC on the spot, which should be a Black frame Orange 2012 model that will be delivered in a few weeks. Buying a beemer will not necessarily improve the your dealer experience.

Anyway, good luck. Hope it works out.
I spoke with the dealer at length today. He has worked very hard to get my bike in. This dealer has a stellar reputation and I have been doing business with them for 12 years or so. The problem is with Triumph. They sent e-mail confirmations to the dealer with the vin and my name on the bike. 3 times! I simply want to know where that bike is at. No one seem to know and Triumph rep does not seem to care.
Does not matter anyway as all the GS 800's are sold out too. I am gonna cool my heels and see what transpires in the next couple months as it is getting really hot early down here to ride.
did not mean to offend anyone here. I still love the bike just hate being jerked around.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #6034
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarino View Post
Luggage! Quite impressed with the quality, thanks Sue. It's amazing how light the panniers are.
How do you like the size of the panniers? If you could have two same sized (because of a different mount), would you get two 8" or two 10" for normal packing?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #6035
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,248
Tiger in the wild.

(Picture taken on Virgina state road 61 in Bland county.)

I was on my way home from the dealer. They had installed my hard bags, hand guards, engine guards, heated grips, and aux outlet. I nixed the sump guard in trade for gel seats (not installed yet).

The extra weight slowed the bike acceleration down some, but it still handled well.

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #6036
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,278
How is that tank bag...does it get in the way when you stand on the pegs? Also, do you just detach it from the front and pull it back to fuel up?
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #6037
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
How is that tank bag...does it get in the way when you stand on the pegs? Also, do you just detach it from the front and pull it back to fuel up?

It rubs my stomach when I stand up. Nothing major, but I know it's there.

The tank bag has two clips at the front and a magnetic plate at the rear. I take it completely off when I refuel.

I don't like the tank bag for day rides. It's just too "in your face". For day rides I'm going to remove the hard bags, tank bag, and stick my Motofizz bag back on the tail.

There's probably better bags out there, but I've gotten use to it. It's light and holds everything I need. I especially like the bottle holders.

On the bike...

thumperpilot screwed with this post 05-27-2011 at 09:16 PM
Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #6038
soph9
Bike Addict

Thanks! Waterproofed or rain cover?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #6039
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Thanks! Waterproofed or rain cover?

Motofizz bag comes with a rain cover.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #6040
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
That 800 road looks really good with the beak. When you say the bags, etc slowed the acceleration down, how much exactly? I would imagine the 800 would have plenty of power to handle bags and passenger with ease.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #6041
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Scotts Damper

I have a request for fellow ADV inmates: If you have any interest in a Scotts Damper mount for the Tiger 800XC, would you send Jake an e-mail stating just that? He said that they need to see the potential to eventually sell approximately 50 mounts to make it worth their while to spend the time to design / develop the mount for the Tiger. I'm a Scotts fan, have had them on several bikes. Don't need a firm commitment, just need a show of interest for them to proceed. Thanks! I have no connection to Scotts, just a desire to let them design their mount so I don't have to myself. Theirs will probably be cleaner than one I would come up with. His e-mail is jake@scottsperformance.com Thanks! Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #6042
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Radiator overflow tube

Just a heads up to Tiger 800 owners, in the process of removing my tank, I found the hose that connects the radiator filler neck to the overflow reservoir was touching the radiator fins near the overflow tank on the far right of the radiator. There are two molded in hooks / guides on the front edge of the black cover over the overflow tank, but my hose wasn't long enough to slip into them without kinking shut below them before connecting to the tank. I solved this by pulling the hose back far enough to loosely tie wrap the hose to the bike frame, keeping the hose away from the radiator. I'll take some pictures tomorrow to help clarify. Maybe of no importance to some, but having the hose rub on the radiator fins doesn't seem like a good thing long term to me. Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #6043
Dmarino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
How do you like the size of the panniers? If you could have two same sized (because of a different mount), would you get two 8" or two 10" for normal packing?
Two 10" unless i needed the bike to be 4" slimmer. The 8" is big and the 10" is huge.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:32 AM   #6044
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpilot View Post
Motofizz bag comes with a rain cover.

I meant the Triumph tank bag?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #6045
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,496
Triples section?

I just posted this to admin to see if we can have our own section.

Hi guys, blacktiger here.
I'm just about to take delivery of a Tiger800XC which is becoming really popular in its first year on sale. I was wondering if we could have a dedicated section for "Triples"? After all, there's a section for GSs, Parallel universe etc. I just don't want the tiger to have an enormous thread like the Triumph Scrambler has. Where questions and solutions get lost in the 11000 pages.
H the Train

It'd be good if some others on here could also post one to add some force. advmin@gmail.com

blacktiger screwed with this post 05-28-2011 at 04:06 AM
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote