Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #6541
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
I wonder what the ratio of 800 vs. 800XC is...

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,25.0.html
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #6542
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Nice looking bike! I actually prefer the silver frame, especially on the white bike.....

Are you guys about ready to go? I'd be jumping out of my skin about now.

-SM
nope....kinda waiting on others to do their thing....I mean we are ready but still no bikes in garage yet...2 weeks to go and we still have to work. At least we are getting the Heidenau tires we wanted installed....but when dunno either....soon we hope....soon.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #6543
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
There are plenty of bikes waiting for buyers on dealer show rooms.
I'm sure there are. That was not the case when I placed my order, with a large deposit, 11 weeks ago. I clearly screwed up ordering the bike from the Denver dealer I ordered from. Nothing but broken delivery dates and promises from them.

It was supposed to arrive today. Not a word from them...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #6544
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano955 View Post
I'm sure there are. That was not the case when I placed my order, with a large deposit, 11 weeks ago. I clearly screwed up ordering the bike from the Denver dealer I ordered from. Nothing but broken delivery dates and promises from them.

It was supposed to arrive today. Not a word from them...

Which dealer?
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #6545
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
We were told we were getting 2012 bikes with the graphite frames and if indeed they are 2012's they have silver frames....so, no guarantees for those hoping for graphite in the 2012 bunch from what we found out yesterday..
I just picked up my 2012 Crystal White T800R to replace the f'd up 2011 I had and it has the graphite colored frame, build date is 5/11. I like it better than the silver after seeing it in person. Oh and all the talk about the bleeder on the top radiator hose, there is not a bleeder on my 2012.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #6546
jimjim
Just another FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux View Post
Here in the US, we don't use pass switches for passing. I've never seen someone do that. I've never seen a pass switch on a motorcycle before.

I was in a hilly area with oncoming traffic. A trigger by your index finger is way easier as a momentary bright switch between traffic than the high beam rocker switch.
I'm in Ohio and have been using the flash to pass button, I also have one on my Versys. That is more apt to get someones attention than a turn signal, sometimes I'll use both.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #6547
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,686
Just as an FYI...these guys are sitting on 4 XC's right now http://www.armandspowersports.com/

I saw 2 white 2011 ABS (one with factory bags), 1 black (with black frame) 2012 ABS, and he said they have a white non-ABS. He would probably like to sell them, so I don't think he will be firm on getting full MSRP, but who knows.

Man those are nice bikes, and that frigging paint is ridiculous!
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #6548
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
In the UK you do have to have service done at an official dealer, and doing things yourself can void your warranty. So depends on local laws/regs.
Not true. In the UK you can do your own repairs and servicing without affecting the warranty. But you need to be able to show that you have done so competently and to manufacturers specifications, with genuine parts or parts that or of equal quality. The proof of course is the difficult part, and where you can get into an argument with the dealer / manufacturer.

But having done your own oil service say, there should be no conflict if the rear shock then fails, but you could expect a tougher time proving an engine failure.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #6549
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
Not true. In the UK you can do your own repairs and servicing without affecting the warranty. But you need to be able to show that you have done so competently and to manufacturers specifications, with genuine parts or parts that or of equal quality. The proof of course is the difficult part, and where you can get into an argument with the dealer / manufacturer.

But having done your own oil service say, there should be no conflict if the rear shock then fails, but you could expect a tougher time proving an engine failure.
Has the law changed in the UK recently? I only ask because for years I've heard that you must visit official dealers. I seem to hear this repeated weekly by someone from the UK.

In the US owner servicing has been allowed for many years ... maybe forever ... but they will fight you on certain things, as you've mentioned.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #6550
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Has the law changed in the UK recently? I only ask because for years I've heard that you must visit official dealers. I seem to hear this repeated weekly by someone from the UK.
It's been that way for around 20 years now, I used to be an aftersales manager at a BMW car dealership in the late 80's / early 90's, and I remember it coming in as there was obviously a bit of a fuss about it from the manufacturers.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #6551
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
We were told we were getting 2012 bikes with the graphite frames and if indeed they are 2012's they have silver frames....so, no guarantees for those hoping for graphite in the 2012 bunch from what we found out yesterday..
That's exactly what my 2012 looks like.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 AM   #6552
sandgroper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,799
in
sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #6553
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
That's exactly what my 2012 looks like.
What month were your bikes manufactured? I think bikes manufactured up until the end of March/11 have the silver frame.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #6554
jimjim
Just another FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
What month were your bikes manufactured? I think bikes manufactured up until the end of March/11 have the silver frame.
My 2012 manufactured 5/11.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #6555
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpulls View Post
I just returned from the dealer after testing an 800XC ABS.

What is that clunking/pinging noise when I let off the throttle? It happened consistently. It was annoying but I suppose I could get used to it, if it's normal and doesn't worsen. The bike stalled on me twice, both times by cracking the throttle open at a stop with the clutch pulled in. Is that normal?
Anyone care to comment on the clunking/chirp noise when letting of the throttle?
Or the stalling?

Just wondering if they are common amongst these bikes.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote